Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Restraining orders

Hey guys,

Today I was bored and started reading some law books. It was talking about restraining orders. I read about all the conditions but wondered , what happens if you bump into the person on accident? Like for instance if you are grocery shopping minding your own business and the person that took out the restraining order comes in. Do you stop what you are doing and leave? Or if you're flying on and somehow she's on your plane, do you leave before the flight takes off?

15+ Year Old Account
    You almost had me with your "I was bored and started reading some law books". You blew it in the last sentence by calling that person she. So, this has to be personal. What did you do and who is she?

PS. Not sure if asking legal advice is against the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

Today I was bored and started reading some law books. It was talking about restraining orders. I read about all the conditions but wondered , what happens if you bump into the person on accident? Like for instance if you are grocery shopping minding your own business and the person that took out the restraining order comes in. Do you stop what you are doing and leave? Or if you're flying on and somehow she's on your plane, do you leave before the flight takes off?
    If you are at some place and the other person comes in, they have to leave. Immediately. This goes both ways. If you walk into a restaurant and see the other person, you need to leave.

If you're grocery shopping and you both happen to run into each other, I would just immediately finish and leave.

More than likely, if someone has a restraining order against you (or you against them), you should know them well enough to know their habits. Where they go for groceries, entertainment, etc. So you can avoid those places.

The absolute second you tell management that there is a restraining order between you and another person, management must ask the other person to leave or they can be held liable. Often times this will boil down to who arrived first. Grocery stores, im not sure. State fairs, Concerts, Sporting events, im not sure on either. Often times there is already a police presence and they can make the determination on site.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2016-01-05 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You almost had me with your "I was bored and started reading some law books". You blew it in the last sentence by calling that person she. So, this has to be personal. What did you do and who is she?

PS. Not sure if asking legal advice is against the rules.
    Statistical speaking, I would wager that man-man restraining orders are quite rare, same with woman-woman. You are clearly just inciting your agenda here.

OT: I believe if it's by happenstance, you can continue your business. You would have to prove that you were there first and not to harass though. Innocent until proven guilty is kinda thrown out the window in this scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah because people totally read up on restraining orders at random, and totally have enough random interest in them to ask for legal guidance online.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2016-01-05 at 04:16 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

This isn't the place for legal advice. Call a lawyer
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    This isn't legal advice it's curiosity. And yes I did read some law books. Thanks anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    This isn't the place for legal advice. Call a lawyer
    Or better yet, stay the f*** away from whoever 'theoretically' has a restraining order against you.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a law student, and when I am bored, I try to leave my law books XD

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Or better yet, stay the f*** away from whoever 'theoretically' has a restraining order against you.
    Even better, don't be the kind of person who needs restraining order put on you
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I am a law student, and when I am bored, I try to leave my law books XD
    That doesn't change after law school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    That doesn't change after law school.
    I hear it gets worse.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I hear it gets worse.
    Pretty much, though on occasion I do like to walk to the local law library instead of doing online research just as an excuse to get out.

Anecdote: I read a story on reddit about a lady who intentionally applied for jobs where her ex worked. She had a restraining order against the guy, so her goal in all of this was to get him fired from these jobs. Indeed, she already had a full-time job and wasn't actually interested in working at any of these places -- she was literally just trying to screw him over.

Well, the manager realized what she was doing and called her on her bullshit. Apparently what she was doing was grounds for nullifying the restraining order. How interesting is that?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's best to contact a lawyer directly in the real world. We can't give medical or legal advice on this forum.