Deleted

Is moderator selection here a democracy or authoritarian?

There is clearly a growing feeling of disdain in General Off-Topic, and most people who post here will know the reason why.

Question One -
    - Should the posters of this forum board be allowed to vote out (or in), the moderators?

Question Two -
    - Should moderators be allowed to join in discussions on this board and moderate at the same time?

Remember everybody -

IF you have a problem with any of the moderators on this board, to send a private message to a BLUE moderator.

These boards and people's opinions should belong to the posters, not be dictated to by the moderators of what our opinions can and can not be.

Silencing people by banning them for having an opinion that does not break any global forum rules is not acceptable, and it would be good practice to start accruing evidence of this going on if things are to be changed.

As a collective, change can happen if you want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    There is clearly a growing feeling of disdain in General Off-Topic, and most people who post here will know the reason why.

Question One -
    - Should the posters of this forum board be allowed to vote out (or in), the moderators?

Question Two -
    - Should moderators be allowed to join in discussions on this board and moderate at the same time?

Remember everybody -

IF you have a problem with any of the moderators on this board, to send a private message to a BLUE moderator.

These boards and people's opinions should belong to the posters, not be dictated to by the moderators of what our opinions can and can not be.

Silencing people by banning them for having an opinion that does not break any global forum rules is not acceptable, and it would be good practice to start accruing evidence of this going on if things are to be changed.

As a collective, change can happen if you want it to.
    I've had several bans reversed, while that is nice there never seems I be consequences for mods who moderate unfairly.

10+ Year Old Account
    you take a test or something.

Wish we could hide threads started by certain users, especially when they start posting tons of fucking shitty cancer trollbait sexism threads.

I don't see why moderators can't post. They have opinions like everyone else.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm perfectly fine with the moderation. You don't want to get moderated, follow the forum rules.

As for whether it's a democracy or authoritarian, I'd say the selection is oligarchic in nature.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Of course people shouldn't be allowed to vote. If we were allowed to vote on moderators, it would be impossible to be one. People rage against authority, and it would also become a political process. Be glad there even are people doing this thankless job.

Of course they should be allowed to join discussions and moderate at the same time. They are deeply involved in this forum, caring enough to be moderator. If you don't allow them to be involved as people in the forum anymore, why would they even want to work here, or care about it. They are not machines.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I've had several bans reversed, while that is nice there never seems I be consequences for mods who moderate unfairly.
    I've had a ban reversed too.

No action was taken against the mod who banned me.

This is why we need to take issues to BLUE mods if there are any problems here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locking this, as moderation decisions and procedure aren't up for public discussion; it doesn't lead anywhere productive.