Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    The way to go if you're lazy is (I'm pretty sure) still tailoring / jewelcrafting / salvage yard. Green salvage crates routinely give 30g+ with of vendor shit / trade goods / AH stuff in them each, and even the little crappy bag sometimes give 20g+ of trade goods. Definitely better than alchemy labs as each char generates several of these every day.
    I assume the JC daily is the main source of income from the JC building on non-JC characters, is that right? So you still have to log into all of those characters every day to do it. Which isn't a huge amount of time, but it does add up compared to other options where you just cycle missions daily and collect/refresh work orders every several days.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    The way to go if you're lazy is (I'm pretty sure) still tailoring / jewelcrafting / salvage yard. Green salvage crates routinely give 30g+ with of vendor shit / trade goods / AH stuff in them each, and even the little crappy bag sometimes give 20g+ of trade goods. Definitely better than alchemy labs as each char generates several of these every day.

I can see the argument that alch labs are decent income for almost zero effort, but it's not really good income compared to the alternatives that are still very little effort.

I make about 100k/week with just 4 characters that have tailor/jc/salvage yard/tavern/trade post, spamming as many missions as I can, and 4 characters with random trade buildings+salvage yard/trade post/tavern, with everybody turning all their garrison resources into draenic dust for the AH. Though that is supplemented by some 10k-15k from running LFR (gotta get them rings on those alts) when there are bags available, doing LFD when there's a bag a available, etc.

So I'd say 15k/week with 15 characters is extremely low. You could easily generate some 400-500k a week with that many chars running tailor / JC / salvage yard / tavern / trade post, though at that point you have so many chars doing the same thing that it'd probably take you half an hour a day just to log through them all and have them go through their motions, nevermind the time spent opening all those fucking boxes. My god, those boxes. I have chars with hundreds of them just sitting around because I haven't been bothered to open them yet... I wish they made them BoE so I could just AH them. So I can definitely see how doing that would just be too big a time investment to generate gold you at that pint won't even care about anymore.
    Stupid question but the gold from JC is made from what..crafting the +75 gems or am I missing something else.

Just trying to recalibrate and lubricate the garrison gold making machine, it's been a mess...and since there's nothing else to do now.... why not make more gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    Stupid question but the gold from JC is made from what..crafting the +75 gems or am I missing something else.

Just trying to recalibrate and lubricate the garrison gold making machine, it's been a mess...and since there's nothing else to do now.... why not make more gold.
    If its a non-JC character then you can't even craft the +50 gems using the JC building. I think he's making most of his money from the JC building through the daily quest, which just isn't something I'm willing to do on several characters every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylepoints View Post
    The Alchemy daily/work order stuff (Alchemical Catalysts) are BoE. There is an item you can craft with alchemy that yields 25g from the vendor and requires 5 catalysts. You get 4 catalysts per work order. So essentially its about 7.5g (depends on server) for enough frostweed for 5 catalysts, but it yields 25g when you vendor. So, in short, insane profits for next to no work. I just gather up a couple thousand then spend an hour /create-all and vendor them. Big money every week.

Edit - Usually get about 15k gold/week, and on my server, i can restock mats for less than 4k. Plus I also can trade in garrison resources to restock as well.
    The "super mysterious item" you can craft is Draenic Philosopher's Stone, if anyone was interested. It takes 5 Alchemical Catalyst and 1 True Iron Ore to craft (and that is the main reason you see people buying it in bulk for dirt-cheap price aswell).

Pretty sure you can make a lot more per catalyst by shuffling elements.

Air/Fire/Water are usually dirt cheap, and 4 catalysts to transmute 10 of any of those to 1 earth.

On my server, for instance, you can find Air down to 1g per, while Earth sells well at 15g per. That's 150g per 4 catalysts, minus 10g for the cost of air- ~ 35g profit per catalyst.

Even if your prices aren't that insane, it's still worth the shuffle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

My income is certainly a pittance compared to those that have many characters and play the AH, etc. But, my chores on 4 100s and 1 more on the way (98) are:

- missions (obviously)
    - naval missions (main only--can't be arsed to RNG a fleet on alts)
    - TP orders
    - DB orders
    - roll excess resources into the 13-16g bags to avoid capping
    - cap followers' ilevel, then just sell the upgrades after that
    - JC daily
    - salvage boxes
    - work garden and mine and set orders at each
    - Kaz each weak for felblight/extra gold from drops + coin

The garden and mine take no time at all really with the pickaxe/glove treasures and the items from the mine itself. There is a supply of 200 of each herb and ore on each character to manage the JC daily and supply the TP most days. Spirits are rolled into bloods to either sell themselves on the AH, or use to make...whatever. Excess mats are generally converted to Spirits on the appropriate day.

A system of chores with obvious flaws and areas gold could be maximized, but 2-3k every day all combined (plus some spikes every 2-3 weeks when I cash out on mats/luck on missions) is really enough for me. I already have more gold than I know what to do with and I'll probably cap (or get close to) on one character before Legion launches. If I get into the zone (Autozone), chores only take me 30-45 minutes.

To each, their own, though. I can see the appeal of maximizing gold growth on a lot of characters, but I don't have time for that.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

I've been doing JC/Scribe/Salvage on all 11 of my guys on my main server, Scribe for the receipts which give a 75g or 225g vendor item for each 2 you combine. I combine them on the weekend and due to RNG I see between 9-13k a week. I've got limited time so it's been working but if tailor or alch is better I might have to switch over.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    You can make money with enchanting, just enchant scrolls and put them in the ah for like 350g for each ring/cloak enchant. But pure crafting like bs/tailor/leather etc...nope. Well maybe if you want to be ready for Legion when they supposedly make crafting proffs worth something again.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Pretty sure you can make a lot more per catalyst by shuffling elements.

Air/Fire/Water are usually dirt cheap, and 4 catalysts to transmute 10 of any of those to 1 earth.

On my server, for instance, you can find Air down to 1g per, while Earth sells well at 15g per. That's 150g per 4 catalysts, minus 10g for the cost of air- ~ 35g profit per catalyst.

Even if your prices aren't that insane, it's still worth the shuffle.
    Pretty sure you can make more for [x item] if you do [x item/spell/whatever]. Not only your advice is server/economy dependant, it also puts the AH hassle in the middle of profits. People do the Alch Stone for immediate gold, without calculation of costs, AH cuts, posting/reposting, cancelling, collecting dealing with competition etc. Even if your advice held truth for every server in WoW, just the latter mentioned would be enough to deter people doing transmutes instead of stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Pretty sure you can make more for [x item] if you do [x item/spell/whatever]. Not only your advice is server/economy dependant, it also puts the AH hassle in the middle of profits. People do the Alch Stone for immediate gold, without calculation of costs, AH cuts, posting/reposting, cancelling, collecting dealing with competition etc. Even if your advice held truth for every server in WoW, just the latter mentioned would be enough to deter people doing transmutes instead of stones.
    It's not all that server/economy dependent. Global averages make it profitable on every server. Just more on some than others.

So yes, like most things in game, you can make a tiny profit by vendoring, or a much larger profit by selling to other players. Selling materials (i.e., sorcerous earth) that everyone needs in large quantities, usually has relatively little hassle, and yields quick sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Arkon View Post
    You can make money with enchanting, just enchant scrolls and put them in the ah for like 350g for each ring/cloak enchant. But pure crafting like bs/tailor/leather etc...nope. Well maybe if you want to be ready for Legion when they supposedly make crafting proffs worth something again.

I hate to say it, but your very wrong. I make 20-40k gold a day (some days much more for some reason) crafting BS/Tailor/Leather/Scribe 5/6 and 6/6 items, sometimes more. Granted it means stocking up on primals when the right day swings around and having around half a mill your willing to convert to items for a decent return and a healthy server economy.

I've not tried enchanting as I make more than enough doing simple things as is, only takes me 20-30 minutes/day to set up and get done tops. Then factor in garrisons/shipyards, as everyone has access to, you make a decent sum per week, more than enough to not have to pay for wow for 2 years or so

reason to go Tailor : Bags = $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    I hate to say it, but your very wrong. I make 20-40k gold a day (some days much more for some reason) crafting BS/Tailor/Leather/Scribe 5/6 and 6/6 items, sometimes more. Granted it means stocking up on primals when the right day swings around and having around half a mill your willing to convert to items for a decent return and a healthy server economy.

I've not tried enchanting as I make more than enough doing simple things as is, only takes me 20-30 minutes/day to set up and get done tops. Then factor in garrisons/shipyards, as everyone has access to, you make a decent sum per week, more than enough to not have to pay for wow for 2 years or so

I dont quite understand your first statement, what do you mean about the right day and all? And how exactly does it take only 20-30mins to setup? The way i see it, farming primals takes a while.

I'm sorry if this is presumptuous, i'm new to the gold making thing and i'm really looking to learn!

Quote Originally Posted by datrunk2dunk View Post
    I dont quite understand your first statement, what do you mean about the right day and all? And how exactly does it take only 20-30mins to setup? The way i see it, farming primals takes a while.

I'm sorry if this is presumptuous, i'm new to the gold making thing and i'm really looking to learn!
    Wait until the herb trader is in your garrison and unload all your cheap herbs and convert them into primal spirits. 5 of any WoD herb can be turned in a primal spirit. Works for other traders too, but herbs tend to be the cheapest resource. By waiting for the right trader at the trading post you can also buy herbs at 4 resources each, essentially buying primal spirits for 20 resources. You can even buy raw materials at the trading post when they're cheapest (4 resources each) and then save them for when they are required for the work orders. You'll spend 20 resources to get enough materials for a 30 resource work order. Blizzard really thought this stuff through.
    Last edited by Delaios; 2016-02-19 at 11:11 AM.

Okay thanks for the reply. What about Felblight? Farming it seems waaay too unviable, so just buy it at the best price possible? Or is farming actually the way to go?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by datrunk2dunk View Post
    Okay thanks for the reply. What about Felblight? Farming it seems waaay too unviable, so just buy it at the best price possible? Or is farming actually the way to go?
    You can "farm" a bit by killing Kazzak on as many characters as you can each week, but mostly just watch for decent prices and buy as much as you can then.

We'll personally this is how I gold-capped recently, using alot of things on AH. Sorry for view-bait, but I cant think of a better reply than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJZo...=DjuntasGaming

I use pretty much all prof's. Especially crafting alot. Garrison sure, but AH is big part.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO