Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Boys and Girls as well as Men and Women should appreciate their differences and embrace them. As much as people try to say were not, the sexes are different. I dont see whats wrong with that. I dont see whats wrong catering to one or the other either.
    I agree. What's so wrong about being different?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    On the shirt point, I concur. But when my childhood friend bought TMNT action figures, it isn't like we didn't still say she was buying boys' toys. She just didn't care, why should you?

I'd mostly assume a little boy buying dolls is um .. curious, and might need to be talked to. If he isn't, and he's sitting there playing with them .. I'd give that an odd look and do some more investigating to determine what's going on there. I'm not saying it's wrong exactly but that'd get my attention as a parent and make me stop and take a closer look at my son. Again, not in a bad way necessarily, depending. (There could always be something seriously wrong ..)
    But just for a child to play with something else that isn't ment for him/her doesn't mean there has to be anything wrong. I mean, to a child, a toy is a toy. It is only us, the adult range, that at times can see this as a problem. Like you are now. I am not saying it is a bad or good reaction either, just pondering on the general reaction of this. It is just something I have noticed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This will always happen. Maybe not down to making the boys play with x toys and girls play with y toys but that child will learn that men and women act differently. Humans also have predominant traits. Boys tend to gravitate towards one type of toy and girls towards another. Maybe not 100% but a huge sweeping amount. This is natural behavior. As the child learns, they will have imprinted on them behavior from both parents, as much from the things they get as from what they see. In most relationships, the child is going to see the father figure as the aggressor, the go and getter, the enforcer, protector, and survival skill teacher. Generally things that those boy gender branded toys also show. Then they see the mother figure as the make it betterer, the cleaner upper, the household manager, the find-it, and the home and personal skill teacher. Generally the things that those girl gender branded toys also show. It's not an accident. While this may not conform to the ethics some people were taught, it is still relevant. This is humanity doing what it has done for countless generations.
    Last edited by Gilgemesh; 2016-01-08 at 09:06 AM.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

How about people raise their children as they see fit, as we have done for a few thousand years?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    You guys are so dumb okay listen up

Pink = girls

Blue = boys

it is not that hard guys...
    Blue is my favourite colour since I remember. Don't even try to put me in pink :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Once again: The blue = boys, pink = girls thing is a construct that has ONLY existed for the last century or so, and then it was ONLY changed because of a magazine article where some random, crazy bitch decided she liked pink more than blue for girls. Before that it was exactly the opposite; red (the color of blood and Mars, god of war) was for males, blue (the color of innocence and the Virgin Mary's vestments) was for females, with their pastel colors being for children.

So any suggestions that it's somehow ingrained in one's gender -- or whatever other term the new age hippies want to refer to their sex -- is just ridiculous.

Feminists need more evidence for their conspiracy machine? The ancient Patriarchy even came up with a unique word for "light red" in most languages. "Light blue," the color of useless girls, wasn't so honored.

Of course people still believe that wearing white on your wedding and diamond engagement rings are actual traditions rather than coming from (again) magazine articles and choices made by a monarch within the last century or so, so it's not really surprising how stupid people are. (And even more shockingly, all three of these things tend to be perpetuated by women by far. Go figure.)

Another fun fact? Women stole the idea of heeled shoes from men because they thought it made them more attractive. Originally heels were just convenient for riding in a saddle and stirrups, and is why most gentleman's shoes and boots still feature them. (But, apparently, that's another one of those "men invented them to torture women just so they'd look hotter" conspiracies. Along with wire-frame bras and the other "torture devices" women voluntarily wear for their own vanity.)
    Last edited by Ol Scratch; 2016-01-08 at 03:32 PM.
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    So, for fun took this topic around a father's group to see, and while they agree on the colors etc, they also do find it weird that some people take it just a step too far about it. To show annoyance/aggression just because it isn't the normal thing. So, I am not the only one at least as well as the few I saw in this thread too.

At least an interesting read for the ones who didn't roll too far off the path.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    So, for fun took this topic around a father's group to see, and while they agree on the colors etc, they also do find it weird that some people take it just a step too far about it. To show annoyance/aggression just because it isn't the normal thing. So, I am not the only one at least as well as the few I saw in this thread too.

At least an interesting read for the ones who didn't roll too far off the path.
    Its MMO-OT .. we take everything to far :P