Starting Prison Architect

I am completely useless at planning ahead in any sort of tycoon building game. I know how to play the game I just have no idea the sort of optimal room sizes I should use for a Large map for stuff like my Holding Cell or any other room really, I'm scared I'll make too small build around it later on then waste space or cause other issues. Help please.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-01-06 at 06:37 PM.

Play the campaign, it serves as a tutorial of sorts. It'll give you a rough idea of how to handle different situations.

Also don't be afraid of making mistakes with your own prisons. When you reach a certain point you can choose to sell your prison and start a new one with the funds you made from the old one. Mistakes are the best way of learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Play the campaign, it serves as a tutorial of sorts. It'll give you a rough idea of how to handle different situations.

Also don't be afraid of making mistakes with your own prisons. When you reach a certain point you can choose to sell your prison and start a new one with the funds you made from the old one. Mistakes are the best way of learning.
    Oh I can sell my prison and start again with the funds? Oh now I just don't care if I fail. Great stuff.

Deleted
    I was similar to you, always worried about forward planning, but then one day I decided to go for it. It didn't work very well and some of my prisoners started rioting, but at least I learned from the experience.
    You just need to try not to worry so much and have fun, after all it is just a game