Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Earliest date for Legion - June 22, 2016. (First date of summer

Release date of 6.2 - June 23, 2015.

So, yes. People get pissed at cut content because that cut content, even if it IS disjointed, could bridge that 12 month mother!@#$ing gap. Blizzard has stated again and again that they wish to release content faster - instead, they are cutting content again and again. In Mists of Pandaria, there was a battleground that was datamined in 5.3, but was scrapped. In Cataclysm, the War of Eternity raid concept was reduced to a 5 man, and the Abyssal Maw raid was scrapped (Theres still an instance portal for whatever was supposed to be there, and Neptulon will probably continue to be tentacle raped for another 3 expansions). People get pissed at cut content because Blizzard is NOT delivering timely content. While you can say that no content is better than piss poor content, numbers have shown to disagree with you - At least from a money-making stand point, even if a raid sucks !@#$ing balls, people are going to subscribe at least for a month for that raid, and Blizzard has really only released one full-on raid that sucked, Dragon Soul - Which, btw, had quite a bit of content cut from it (Originally was planned to be a 12 boss raid, with 3 fights being against Deathwing. Neutered to what it is.)
    And if all of the content they never developed was actually developed, that year long wait you're so mad about would probably be double that.

Deleted
    I bet you get butthurt when movies are edited after shooting too.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    that is not the same
    blizzard has shown this stuff at blizzcon a lot

it is like advertising for harry potter with wands shooting everywhere
    but you watch the movie and all the wands are scraped/cut
    So not very unlike these
    http://www.empireonline.com/movies/f...er-made-movie/
    http://www.empireonline.com/movies/f...-made-movie-2/
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

People often mistake Blizzard for promising things. They rarely promise things. I think everything they have shown was tagged with "not final product and could be changed anytime".

Scrapped content could make one or more very bad xpac because those scrapped things are not done too... You could talk about how an xpac is not good but I don't think it makes any sense to say scrapped content is gonna make anything better. It probably will make things worse if they spend more time developing those things.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-01-08 at 05:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    And thus another bait thread was created!
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    And thus another bait thread was created!
    I like how so few people are able to read anything objectively, in the OP's Post there is no mention of any type of emotion in it. He only points out information about certain features of the game and how if you added up the things he pointed out it would be the equivalent of an expansion. He doesn't whine, complain or even suggest thats his upset about it, just that the amount of what didn't make it into the game would easily equal another expansion.

Still waitin on that dance studio.

How many years ago was it promised? 8 i think?
    Last edited by Dasani; 2016-01-08 at 06:37 AM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

zul drak has the giant snake..that was what the raid was going to be about

stormwind vault is vanilla tier 3 raid that was never delivered
    No it wasn't, the snake was something the art designers put in and the lore team knew nothing of it. They even asked it at Blizzcon a few years back, Jesse Cox brought a laminated picture of it and they just never even seen it before.

What would you name such a disjointed expansion?

World of Warcraft: Fahralon of the underground emerald abysal maw?

Zarhym stated that the Vash'jir Raid was akin to a Sartharion style raid, thus was not the tremendous loss people say it is and that the interior of the creature was used for questing, so you can see for yourself how small it was inside of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    People act like scrapped content is some kind of terrible, nearly illegal, satanic thing. Every movie, every TV show, and every video game features an entire duplicate of itself in cut content. It's ridiculous how rabid you all get over it in WoW.
    Yeah, I have to agree with you, Dars.

A lot of the other things come and go, and some are fitted in to the lore and others can't. I'm amazed no one mentioned that Pandaren was an idea for The Burning Crusade, but was not made due to them not fitting in to the lore, thus the Draenei was created.

Then again, you add those things, which is all big headline things for it holds words people react to, but you didn't add some of the more unknown things but more awesome.

And Dance Studio, reall? You list that as a fun thing to add when you have things like underwater combat, air combat and such?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    Zarhym stated that the Vash'jir Raid was akin to a Sartharion style raid, thus was not the tremendous loss people say it is and that the interior of the creature was used for questing, so you can see for yourself how small it was inside of it.
    It to me is just a raid that was made to end a storyline. Holds no massive power, especially since most the Naga lore was set at halt. See now, add more Naga lore and threat, then the Maw would be viable again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post

Pretty sure it wasn't promised.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I have to comment this...

... this is like, your worst example. There is many movie trailers that contains scenes and events you don't see in the movies.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    that is not the same
    blizzard has shown this stuff at blizzcon a lot

- - - Updated - - -

lol.........
    That's simply not true. All this stuff resulted from data mining. The only thing that was explicitly advertised and never really delivered was vehicle and air combat; it was never as central in the game as it appeared from the WotLk box.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2016-01-08 at 08:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    That's simply not true. All this stuff resulted from data mining.
    That is true. A lot of "this has been cut out!" threads wouldn't even be around without it having been Datamined.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You could at least credit people when you take a post from the US forums and post it here.

And you know, scrapped content is the most normal thing there is. Every single game has some scrapped content, the only difference (or mistake) is that Blizzard actually talked about some of them, and people around here immediately take that as a promise written in blood. Dataminers digging up already scrapped content or content that is basically just ideas at some point that end up getting scrapped isn't helping either.

I don't see movie fans raging like complete nutjobs over "deleted scenes" or extended editions, even though these are literally the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That is true. A lot of "this has been cut out!" threads wouldn't even be around without it having been Datamined.
    Exactly, people need to realize that for Blizzard to know wether or not they want to proceed with a concept or an idea, some times they have to physically implement early versions of that content to get a feel of it. Dataminers will pick this up, and datamined content should -NEVER- be viewed as a sure thing.
    Last edited by thilicen; 2016-01-08 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    People act like scrapped content is some kind of terrible, nearly illegal, satanic thing. Every movie, every TV show, and every video game features an entire duplicate of itself in cut content. It's ridiculous how rabid you all get over it in WoW.
    To be fair, with TV show and movie scrapped content, we usually still have a chance of seeing it, in the form of extras and deleted scenes or even whole extended cut films.

Whereas with WoW, we hear about stuff and say "Wow that sounds awesome!"....then find out it was cut and we MIGHT get the odd screenshot, but more often than not we get nothing.
    It's the exception we can bug our way into cut content like the Naxx in Strath, not the rule
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    It probably could but it would be very disjointed
    I think they should stop with xpacs and instead keep adding content to the existing world, and make it possible to play meaningfully everywhere at max level. Azjol-Nerub is a perfect example of a piece of content that could form a major content patch in a non-xpac driven WoW.

people bitch about content being scrapped and people bitch content is coming fast enough. this isn't fairy tale land with magic it takes time to do stuff. have you people been out in the real world and seen how long it takes to do anything??

10+ Year Old Account
    you could probably make an entire expansion out of scraped content
    spider underground zone from wotlk that was scraped and turned into a dungeon
    quel thalanar zone from vanilla still not completed
    stormwind vault raid completed but empty
    Zul'Drak troll raid
    3 scraped islands from draenor
    vash'jir raid
    emerald dream map+zone half completed
    lore characters such as multiple gaurdians and titans that we read rumours about but never show up ingame
    fun exciting things they use to attract you to a new expansion is new dances and dance studio

all of that would equal to 1 whole expansion that would genuinely last 1-2 years
    What's your point? Pretty much every noteworthy game in existence has content that ended up on the cutting room floor. Of course a game that has existed for 11 years will have accrued a significant amount of it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post

Thank fuck, why in gods name do I need a dance studio.
    I think the amounts of times I used the dance emote in the past 11 years is maybe 20.

Stop being a whiny little baby.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Thank fuck, why in gods name do I need a dance studio.
    I think the amounts of times I used the dance emote in the past 11 years is maybe 20.

Stop being a whiny little baby.
    People would use it for a day or two, then there would be a ton of complaints that there was time spent on such a pointless feature.