7+ Year Old Account

Arms Talents in Legion

Can we talk about the talents for Arms in Legion for a bit here? Some of these Tier are worrying for the current build they have out. (yes we don't have the artifact tree yet I know) Stuff like the level 30 tier seems to leave way to hard on Die by the Sword. but more concerning is the 75 tier one. Red vs Bladestorm? really? why cant rend be baked into the class like how Serpent Sting was back with Huntards? Seems like a waste of a talent spot also why is an ability that is important to the rotation (rend) all of a sudden a talent? I guess there will be some big changes for Arms.

Also I haven't even gotten on the Arms survivability.... or rather lack of ^.^

Also not sure if there's a specific spot for theses threads or not (Sorry mods ^.^)

Arms wasn't enabled during the Alpha before it was taken down. There's no real discussion because there's no way to actually test or get a feel for a spec that's not in the game yet.
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroJez View Post
    Certainly, it seems weird how three very different talents are played off against each other, but that might not be the case in the next Alpha (or Beta) builds.
    I actually really like this.
    The lvl30 and lvl60 tiers are probably the most impactful and meaningful choices to make in any talent tree.
    T2: Sustain vs mobility vs survivability.
    T4: Sustain vs mobility vs utility.

I think Blizzard is making Legion so classes aren't a jack of all trades.
    This is what i though the talent system was originally going to be like, you sacrifice one thing for another.
    Currently its "You have everything, but wich one do you want to improve?"
    Or talents that are just a DPS calculation or determined by the encounter (AoE vs cleave vs single target)
    Last edited by Powell; 2016-01-08 at 06:07 PM.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

7+ Year Old Account
    True the talents are pitting different thing against one another but it rubs me the wrong way when some of the things are stuff he had as stock before hand for one. and two, you say avoiding classes that are jack of all trades but in WoD Arms warriors was never a jack of all trades anyway... removing more suvivability from something that doesn't even have good survivability in the first place is a no go (more so for PvP than PvE)

If you want to look at "Jack of all Trades" then goo look at Druids.... Top tier DPS, Tanking, and Healing for one class is a bit extreme imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Damaind View Post
    Can we talk about the talents for Arms in Legion for a bit here? Some of these Tier are worrying for the current build they have out. (yes we don't have the artifact tree yet I know) Stuff like the level 30 tier seems to leave way to hard on Die by the Sword. but more concerning is the 75 tier one. Red vs Bladestorm? really? why cant rend be baked into the class like how Serpent Sting was back with Huntards? Seems like a waste of a talent spot also why is an ability that is important to the rotation (rend) all of a sudden a talent? I guess there will be some big changes for Arms.

Also I haven't even gotten on the Arms survivability.... or rather lack of ^.^

Also not sure if there's a specific spot for theses threads or not (Sorry mods ^.^)

Rend won't be a important rotational spell in Legion wich is good imo, I don't like that a dot is a big part of our damage in WoD
    And as HeroJez wrote, most classes will lose survivability in Legion wich also is good imo, current game have way to much defensives on classes.
    I would be good to have a heal as a talent to so we can survive something 1v1 and I hate that they have removed reflect from Arms and Fury.

I Think it is a good thing with how the new talent force you to chose and you will have to sacrifice one thing for another.
    It will make an more interessting choice in gameplay imo.

I wish we get charge stun back baselin tho since they removed reflect and Intimidating Shout from us, beeing able to charge a cast is fun gameplay imo.

Overall I'm exited to see how arms will be on alpha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Damaind View Post
    True the talents are pitting different thing against one another but it rubs me the wrong way when some of the things are stuff he had as stock before hand for one. and two, you say avoiding classes that are jack of all trades but in WoD Arms warriors was never a jack of all trades anyway... removing more suvivability from something that doesn't even have good survivability in the first place is a no go (more so for PvP than PvE)

If you want to look at "Jack of all Trades" then goo look at Druids.... Top tier DPS, Tanking, and Healing for one class is a bit extreme imo.
    Warriors acually have really good survivability in WoD, it's not so good 1v1 but in a team it's really good if you use defensive Stance good.

In the current state of the game most classes have way to much defensives so they isn't punished enough for bad positioning in PvP imo.

Deleted
    The whole defensives discussion makes sense until you see more defensives being added elsewhere.
    There's no more energy to spend being pissed off left, all in all. Just let them reveal it all, it's apparent we got the short straw once more in terms of class devs.

Deleted
    They can take their idea of Warrior class fantasy and stick it in the same place they put Spell Reflection, Shield Bash and Ravenholdt as a non class hall.

I'm still hoping for a heavy handed rework of all the tree akin to what DKs got, but yeah, history isn't shedding any hope on me.