Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    They are nothing alike. Any similarities is minimal at best.

Jeeze, you people worry me if you actually compare the two seriously.
    Whats the views of homosexuals of both groups? Evolution? Sexually liberated women? Society organized along religious principles? Guns? Religious affiliation? Science vs religious beliefs?

To claim there are not similarities or they are minimal at best is silly. To be clear I am also not saying the right wing in this country is like ISIS in any way in their actions but am saying they share some of the same intolerance and ignorance.
    Last edited by Pangean; 2016-01-08 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Because at it's core it relies on faith which is, by it's very nature, unprovable and thus inarguable if someone chooses to do so. The best you can is to explain why you think that faith is misplaced, if they still refuse you there's not much more to be done.

As an aside, there are plenty of people that believe in fairies, almost all of them live normal lives - have a Google if you want, the British television company Channel 4 even have documentaries on it which may be free to view on their 4oD service depending on your country.
    The problem is when the people start saying that the fairies are telling them what to do, and don't want certain people to have certain rights, and demand the deaths of certain people. Except the fairy lovers don't do that. It is the god ones who do.

Come on, one is clearly more harmful than the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    To be fair, it is just taking Luke 14:25-27 one step further...
    Mary did follow Jesus around, as did Jakob. He didn't push them away - neither did early christians (or modern ones) push away their families.

So either early Christians and Jesus himself didn't understand his own message, or you don't understand what a hyperbole is and read the text like a literal fundamentalist out of context.

But thats MMO. Islamist kills own mother - "Christianity and Repulicans are bad!!11".

I'm curious why everything's in quotation marks. Did he not execute his own mother? Is there some way you can "execute" someone without actually executing them?

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Not only are they both religious, they both worship the same God.
    Sort of. The similarities are more present in the old rather than the new testament, but considering the religions were made up by different people and tend to go by different names (Yahweh and Allah, respectively) I think it's fair to call them different gods. Think of it like how Joseph Smith invented mormonism, but took bits from christianity to do so. These all might borrow bits and pieces from earlier religions, but they're quite different when you get to reading them.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-01-08 at 07:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    To be fair, it is just taking Luke 14:25-27 one step further...
    Can't tell If fucking retarded, or not