Page 1 of 9
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Deleted

    [Enhancement] Doomhammer offhand can be transmogged!



    If I'm reading this correctly, then we're stuck with the lava appearance of doomhammer in our offhand. If this is correct, then this is an incredibly dumb decision that will ruin a lot of transmogs. I hope this gets reverted.

    EDIT: "The weapons formed by your elemental powers will behave like normal weapons. You will be able to transmog over them."

    Updated the title of the thread to reflect Lewor's edit. - Blithe
    Last edited by Blithe; 2016-01-22 at 02:05 PM. Reason: More info came in

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post


    If I'm reading this correctly, then we're stuck with the lava appearance of doomhammer in our offhand. If this is correct, then this is an incredibly dumb decision that will ruin a lot of transmogs. I hope this gets reverted.
    Sounds like it is only the same fire image no matter what artifact skin/color you choose.

  3. #3
    I don't play a shaman, but I remember seeing an interview where the exact opposite was said. That is quite a shame. It should at the very least change color to match the main-hand while still keeping the lava texture. (Maybe that's what the tweet means? Seems a bit misleading now that I read it over a couple times).

  4. #4
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Sounds like it is only the same fire image no matter what artifact skin/color you choose.
    I'm assuming "any" customisation also refers to transmogrification.

  5. #5
    In the most detailed and scientific way I can put this-

    It's butts. Seriously, Grade A Butts.

    I mean, all other duel wielding weapons have looks for both weapons right? And the shields I'm unsure for, but they do too right? Yet...this. Not quite sure about this.

  6. #6
    You will be able to transmog it, I'd have to believe, but if you are concerned I would send a follow-up tweet. It's a legit question and I think likely to be answered. Who knows.

  7. #7
    Man i hope that's not true. I really hate the way the off-hand looks. My lock is looking better every day.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    You will be able to transmog it, I'd have to believe, but if you are concerned I would send a follow-up tweet. It's a legit question and I think likely to be answered. Who knows.
    What would you transmog? It is my understanding that there's not going to be anything in the offhand slot.

  9. #9
    Epic! Buxton McGraff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Covina, California
    Posts
    1,617
    From what I gather, you can still transmog to any other weapon, but that weapon will adapt the same lava glow regardless of the skin underneath.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    What would you transmog? It is my understanding that there's not going to be anything in the offhand slot.
    Even if there is, I doubt there will be much to match whatever doomhammer skin you want to use, at least as well as the skin itself would. I doubt it would take much work to mirror the appearance to the off hand at the minimum.

  11. #11
    Things are always subject to change.

    I'm content to watch how things play out.

    Still would like to see us grab Orgim's DH from WoD since no one is using it as an OH

  12. #12
    What a lame ass decision. Mages, SPriests, H/ProtPaladin, ProtWarr, caster Sham.. everyone else gets unique skins and color options for the OH to match their MH. Theres zero justification for us to be stuck with such limited customization.

  13. #13
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,517
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    What a lame ass decision. Mages, SPriests, H/ProtPaladin, ProtWarr, caster Sham.. everyone else gets unique skins and color options for the OH to match their MH. Theres zero justification for us to be stuck with such limited customization.
    The justification is called the Shaman class.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  14. #14
    Epic! Tryuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    The Other Rainy State
    Posts
    1,636
    I believe they aren't talking about tmog, just the artifact customization that you can do.

    Even then I agree with Jester Joe, Grade A Butts
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

  15. #15
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    I believe they aren't talking about tmog, just the artifact customization that you can do.

    Even then I agree with Jester Joe, Grade A Butts
    If they arent talking about transmog then that's a very nebulous and incorrect use of the word "any" in their statement.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    The justification is called the Shaman class.
    Eh, Ele and Resto will have plenty of matchign options, MMO just posted a video of all the resto combinations. Enh is the only spec getting shat on.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    I believe they aren't talking about tmog
    When you are done your Artifact Quest, is Thrall going to hand you both Doomhammer and Lava Offhand?

    No, you are just going to equip Doomhammer and the game will make it look like you have an offhand so the DW animations make sense. That's what this Lava tweet means. There will be no offhand to transmog.

  18. #18
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,517
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Eh, Ele and Resto will have plenty of matchign options, MMO just posted a video of all the resto combinations. Enh is the only spec getting shat on.
    whoosh

    /10char
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post


    If I'm reading this correctly, then we're stuck with the lava appearance of doomhammer in our offhand. If this is correct, then this is an incredibly dumb decision that will ruin a lot of transmogs. I hope this gets reverted.
    "Different appearances" in the original obviously refers to Artifact skins and color options ("different appearances [of] Doomhammer," or the appearance options specifically tied to the Artifact). In context, I'm pretty certain "any customization" more specifically refers to Artifact skinning and not mogging, although I can see how the umbrella term "any" could be misleading.

    I'm willing to bet if someone cleared this up with the devs it would be that it can either be mogged over or would take the appearance of the mainhand mog, as well. Just because there wouldn't conceivably be a item in the slot does not mean that they can't find a way around it.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    When you are done your Artifact Quest, is Thrall going to hand you both Doomhammer and Lava Offhand?

    No, you are just going to equip Doomhammer and the game will make it look like you have an offhand so the DW animations make sense. That's what this Lava tweet means. There will be no offhand to transmog.
    Currently in alpha the OHs are just automatically equipped in the OH slot (MH for Prot War/Pld), they have stats and everything. I imagine Enh will work the same since DH has the stats of a 1her.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •