Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I get lucid dreams sometimes, but I usually wake up as soon as I realize it is a dream.

Sleep paralysis is overhyped imo. False wake-up loops are way fucking scarier. These I get quite often, and I sometimes get stuck for ages in them.
    When I had sleep paralysis I saw your christmas avatar and was horrified! Agree, the dream isn't that bad, being paralyzed is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only ever lucid dreamed once and was on complete accident. Was really neat being fully aware that I was in a dream and had some semblance of control over what happened. Don't remember too much about it I just think I was in a meadow with tall grass and when I would brush my hand over it I could seriously feel it and registered in my brain as if I was actually there.

Sleep paralysis no thank god. That sounds terrifying and I read lots of horror stories so I would probably shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    I have a lucid dream every other month or so. It is kinda like Grand Theft Auto lol. I am aware I am in a dream and it is my playground.
    I also have what I would call "prophetic" dreams or "Psychic" dreams a couple times a month where a series of things happen that are examples of the following day. They only show similar things that happen over the next 24 hours. I am never able to change anything but as the day unfolds after each event I remember the like instance from the night before. The best example I can remember is in part of a dream I was fighting off what seemed like zombies who were trying to get over this massive wall, there were bodies everywhere. Much of the following day I was like WTF, that night I got home and didn't feel like gaming so I said heck with it and watched the first episode of Game of Thrones. People I knew said they had watched it and I wanted to see what the hype was all about. The reference from my dream quickly became evident while watching lol.
    It happens a few times a month like I said. It is not helpful but is certainly interesting.
    Eh, wow. Yeah I never had them myself really, I heard of this guy saying he dream of his gf getting murdered and it happened, pretty extreme though...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I get lucid dreams sometimes, but I usually wake up as soon as I realize it is a dream.

Sleep paralysis is overhyped imo. False wake-up loops are way fucking scarier. These I get quite often, and I sometimes get stuck for ages in them.
    Yeah I get those loops too, although it is when I get a sleep paralysis episode so intense that I wake up and get back to sleep right on and I just can't get out of it fast, it traps me back in and these can last quite a while, like a couple of minutes or more and they can come back often during the same night.

Question whatever you take for granted.

I used to have sleep paralysis happen very regularly and it wasn't great. Lots of me screaming, made me feel like shit sleeping with my SO at the time because they would freak the fuck out. Now it only happens a couple of times a year.

Think I've had one lucid dream my entire life and I had an out of body experience when I died but it was probably just my imagination after the fact.

I have very vivid dreams I can picture very clearly when I remember them but don't have the whole self control lucid thing.