Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    No offense but is this game still alive?

When I played it (1000 years ago), the insanely boring pve "endgame" (i.e. no content at all) was my turnoff that eventually made me stop playing it...
    Games evolve and get better if they are run by good dev managers. GW2 just released a new expansion a few months back as well. The game is always populated with players. I do not play it a lot but it never has bored me really.

I know they are addressing endgame in the new expansion.

My main issue was the confusing instances that popped up and walking then too far and suddenly finding myself back in the 'world'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    The worst thing about gw2 is the fact that you never feel powerful. I just dinged 80 on my thieve, outfitted him in full exotics, and allmost every single fight costs me at least 50% HP. Especially now in HoT. And this goes for a lot of classes. Pretty much all enemies in the game deal too much damage.

Also, endgame progression. Once you hit full ascended, you will never become stronger.
    No offense, but I hate when I get so powerful that nothing is a challenge.

A lot of gamers play games to 'feel' powerful and they will pay out the nose to feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjur View Post
    My main issue was the confusing instances that popped up and walking then too far and suddenly finding myself back in the 'world'.
    Accidentally leaving/ falling out of a personal instance + disconnects is another issue I've always had with GW2. It doesn't save your progress in the instance and some of them are quite long to lose all progress right at the end.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The lack of serious end-game group-based pve was a major turn off for me with gw2.
    It just didn't really innovate in any other major way to make up for this from my experience either.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    For me it's the changes that they have introduced lately. We have a small guild for the house (myself, wife and our daughters). It's completely useless now. The new maps aren't a lot of fun. Actually, that goes for the maps that they added to the expansion too. Too much repeatable content. They seem to have lost sight of their roots.
    Agree 100%. Played for about 4-6 weeks after HoT launched, and my friend list and guild became wastelands.

- guild mechanics oriented towards hardcore raiding large guilds, no advantages or justification for small guilds. the reworked mechanics are garbage.
    - WvWvW is dead.
    - Dungeons nerfed to non-existence.
    - gold and material rewards nerfed in old content.

I'm not a fan of the new zones either...like, at all. Phased, serial instance storytelling forcing you to unlock or grind mechanics to actually access the content. Sorry GW2, your story always sucked -- being able to ignore it was a feature, not a design mistake.

Honestly, I can't think of an expansion that failed a franchise as badly as HoT did. Cataclysm was bad for WoW, but only in measurement to expansions before it. HoT feels like an anti-GW2 in design and intent, and certainly in terms of content 3 years of development was a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    Agree 100%. Played for about 4-6 weeks after HoT launched, and my friend list and guild became wastelands.

- guild mechanics oriented towards hardcore raiding large guilds, no advantages or justification for small guilds. the reworked mechanics are garbage.
    - WvWvW is dead.
    - Dungeons nerfed to non-existence.
    - gold and material rewards nerfed in old content.

I'm not a fan of the new zones either...like, at all. Phased, serial instance storytelling forcing you to unlock or grind mechanics to actually access the content. Sorry GW2, your story always sucked -- being able to ignore it was a feature, not a design mistake.

Honestly, I can't think of an expansion that failed a franchise as badly as HoT did. Cataclysm was bad for WoW, but only in measurement to expansions before it. HoT feels like an anti-GW2 in design and intent, and certainly in terms of content 3 years of development was a waste.
    When I realized the 4 new zones are basically akin to Tanaan Jungle x 4 (only prettier), that quickly killed what little enthusiasm I had for GW2.

In my experience, HoT is about as awful as WoD was for WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    small guilds
    I still remember the disbelieving look when I saw the upgrade costs (wood) hehehe... it's funny now, but it wasn't then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I don´t like the HoT zones+ because of all the different layers. It is really confusing and the only thing that it adds is annoyance imo. I´d rather have a larger flat map than a multi level one.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    I don´t like the HoT zones+ because of all the different layers. It is really confusing and the only thing that it adds is annoyance imo. I´d rather have a larger flat map than a multi level one.
    For an expansion supposedly going for the old "Metroid/Zelda" style of play, they apparently didn't copy Metriod Prime's 3D map, which is a shame because doing so would've made navigating the multi leveled jungle very convenient.

I think there's also an element of the "disabled waypoint" syndrome. I understand that you can't have an active waypoint right next to an event in progress or folks can just return to battle very quickly when they die, but at the same time waypoints are not really conveniently located in the new zones. Some of the nuhock burrows help, but you still end up doing a multi-level run through places trying to return to an event or even just fine one called out in Map.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."