Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Legion - Thrall and Doomhammer, Shaman Artifact Intro, Elemental Artifact, Tweets

PTR 2.4 Going Offline, Extra Stash Clarification

Deck Spotlight: LOKShadow's OTK Combo Warrior, Feugen & Stalagg Need Friends

Stunlock Meta Discussion, Town Hall Heroes Ep. 91

Legion - Thrall and Doomhammer
    We found some interesting references to Thrall and Doomhammer. Unfortunately there isn't much more than what is below yet. Keep in mind that this is just a reference in an alpha build of Legion, not something final or officially announced. Spoilers below!

Keep your eyes on Thrall. He's wounded. He's like to kill himself down here and I don't want to be the one to tell his wife!
    Doomhammer... it was like a dead weight in my hands. The elements were silent. It has been this way since I used it to slay Garrosh.

Spirits... hear my call...
    Are you the so-called "World Shaman?" Hah! You fight like a crippled pig.

Hear me, elements of Azeroth.
    Once, we walked as one. I abused your powers for my own personal vendetta.
    Take back the Doomhammer! Grant it to one who is worthy.
    Teach me, and again I will be your servant.

Legion - Shaman Artifact Intro
    A little piece of the Shaman Artifact intro was also found, likely from the ending that takes place in your Class Hall.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    We stand at the precipice of oblivion, but we do not stand alone. Come forward, shaman.
    Take your place among the circle, Farseer. The Earthen Ring is forged anew, and with it, we rekindle hope for this world.
    You are the chosen defender of Azeroth! May your wisdom guide this circle to victory, and may the power of your artifact crush those who would bring chaos to this land.

The elements have chosen you as their champion, $n. The artifact you wield is proof.
    It is your destiny to lead the Earthen Ring against the Burning Legion. We need you. Do you accept this burden?
    Yes. I will be your Farseer!

From this map you may dispatch members of the Earthen Ring throughout the Broken Isles. Lead us to victory, Farseer!
    This Astral Portal will return you to Dalaran whenever you wish, Farseer. I will keep it open so that you may return here any time.

Legion - Artifact Weapon Previews
    Today we have the Elemental Shaman Artifact The Fist of Ra-Den. Several of the shields are missing still, so look for them after a new build.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    How is Cheap Shot part of a rotation, surely its only a utility, stun button?
    For CC purposes, it can be used as on a rotational basis. It’s not maximum DPS, but still commonly worth it for things like PvP. (WarcraftDevs)

Wtf do you mean blind is gone? Why?? It's my fave Cc! It feels so cocky just to blind a mob. Like "No! Wait your turn!" :'(
    That was referring to Subtlety specifically. Different Rogue specs have different ways to CC. For example, you may like Parley. (Celestalon)

Legion Shadow Dance is a letdown to some pvpers. Maybe let an active/passive effect? Passive is negated while on CD, thoughts?
    I'd love to hear more about this feedback. People giving it: What frequency are you imagining for the proposed version? (Celestalon)
    No sane PvP'er wants to lose the ability to make plays like we can with Shadow Dance. Its just a bad idea.
    Again, that's why I'm asking these questions. How are you imagining it will play out? There's clearly a difference. (Celestalon)
    The downside is not being able to do stuff on-demand, and positioning not mattering due to Shadowstrike.
    So you're saying that you don't expect the proposed version will feel controllable? That's useful feedback. (Celestalon)

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    If there are no weapon drops in Legion, where will a enhancement shaman get his off hand weapon from?
    Doomhammer grants shamans the power to form a second weapon from the elements! No need for any lesser weapon drops. (WarcraftDevs)
    Is it like a copy of Doomhammer or something else?
    Here's an image of it next to Doomhammer! It's also on the Artifact blog here: https://t.co/BJoTNPPtwq (WarcraftDevs)

Will we be able to transmog over the Elemental weapons?
    The weapons formed by your elemental powers will behave like normal weapons. You will be able to transmog over them. (WarcraftDevs)

PvP
    Will honor kills acquired out in the world contribute to prestige levels? Any support in legion for out of instance PVP?
    Honorable kills in the world will reward Honor and can increase your Honor level. (WarcraftDevs)
    Last edited by chaud; 2016-01-09 at 11:04 PM.

How nice that they didn't have to kill Thrall off but we lost Varian, Tirion, and many others. I guess Metzen is hurting for more VA work, the bastard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mugutu View Post
    How nice that they didn't have to kill Thrall off but we lost Varian, Tirion, and many others. I guess Metzen is hurting for more VA work, the bastard.
    Salty much?
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

I love that the elements are angry with Thrall and that's why we get the Doomhammer.

But I'm curious... he killed Garrosh on Draenor not Azeroth... why would the elements of Azeroth be angry with him?

Quote Originally Posted by bejii View Post
    I love that the elements are angry with Thrall and that's why we get the Doomhammer.

But I'm curious... he killed Garrosh on Draenor not Azeroth... why would the elements of Azeroth be angry with him?
    Why would the elements be angry with him at all, Garrosh had it coming. Maybe they're pissed because Thrall is a kill-stealing whorde scum!

"Garrosh did nothing wrong" CONFIRMED.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall should be like Ner'zul and force the elements to his will.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bejii View Post

from my knowledge, there are no draenor or azeroth elementals.

Formerly known as Arafal

Is there a reason the video is missing the Twilight's Hammer skin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Is there a reason the video is missing the Twilight's Hammer skin?
    I guess it's the same deal with some of the shields, not in the current build.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by mugutu View Post
    dont forget we lost voljin as well. its still early though.
    we lost cairne back in cata & who did alliance loose?

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kurn1701 View Post
    we lost cairne back in cata & who did alliance loose?
    Magni Bronzebeard

Deleted /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Might mostly be Thrall himself feeling regret for what he has done, a revenge killing.
    Thrall has *nothing* to be sorry for. Garrosh was a warmongering douche bag and he had to be taken out. If anything, Thrall should feel bad for not killing him during WoTLK when it was blatantly obvious who/what he was.

Just....awful writing. Doesn't bode well for the lore of this expac

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastor7783 View Post
    Why would the elements be angry with him at all, Garrosh had it coming. Maybe they're pissed because Thrall is a kill-stealing whorde scum!
    Its because he cheated by using his shaman powers to kill Garrosh
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2016-01-09 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sir riptor View Post
    its because he cheated by using his shaman powers to kill garrosh
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^so much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Might mostly be Thrall himself feeling regret for what he has done, a revenge killing.
    The elements should abandon him for letting Garrosh corrupt them while he was at home smoking weed and making baby Thralls.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Yeah. The elements aren't there to be used to tip the scales in your favour in a blood feud; that's why they're banned from Mak'Gora, it's out of respect to the elements. Thrall may have been justified in killing Garrosh, and Garrosh may have needed to be killed, but this was for political reasons not spiritual ones. I hate Garrosh and consider him a cowardly wimp and pitiful leader but he did nothing to upset the natural order. He may have offended the elemental spirits on every level but they did not ordain his murder. That was a mortal conflict.

Deleted
    Regrets? HE FUCKING SHOULD REGRET, killed a hero whose toenails have twice as much personality compared to thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    More than likely exactly this. Instead of using his own power to kill Garrosh and settle his own dispute, he ended up dragging the elements into things, which I don't think they appreciated one bit.

The confusing part is, why are the elements pissed with Thrall when he used the Furies' powers? Perhaps the elements transcend across the cosmos and just take on different forms on different planets?