Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    How is that counterpoint, exactly?
    Because it proves the often "Not needed, uncaring paternal unit" is actually very much needed for the effective growth of a child.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    It states that children with a second adult in their lives were smarter. This really has less to do with the importance on a traditional father figure than it does having more than a single individual raise a child.
    Children whose FATHERS spent more time with them.

Please do learn to read mr SJW.

15+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't even make sense. I thought IQ was something you were born with. As in you can't train your IQ. Might be that you can reach your limit earlier if you spend time with your father as a child, otherwise I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    And you still don't let the gays adopt..
    Gays adopt all the time. Go to another thread with your gays are feared shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    That doesn't even make sense. I thought IQ was something you were born with. As in you can't train your IQ. Might be that you can reach your limit earlier if you spend time with your father as a child, otherwise I don't think so.
    Nigga do you even know what brain training is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Wasn't one of the aims of feminism that mothers weren't supposed to be the only childcarers, therefore they were pushing that fathers spent more time with their children?
    Unless the woman dont want the man around for some reason, then its fuck off and crucify him.
    Also, the Tender years doctrine was a 100% feminist creation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Way to shoehorn your agenda into the topic.
    Tender years doctrine.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Unless the woman dont want the man around for some reason, then its fuck off and crucify him.
    Also, the Tender years doctrine was a 100% feminist creation.

- - - Updated - - -

Tender years doctrine.
    Yes!

Thank you for giving me the name, I forgot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    That doesn't even make sense. I thought IQ was something you were born with.
    Its a Yes and no.

As in you can't train your IQ.
    You can, whether or not that is Just training for the test or if you can actually alter brain function is not entirely determined.
    Might be that you can reach your limit earlier if you spend time with your father as a child, otherwise I don't think so.
    This sentence contradicts your prior sentences.

Deleted
    Correlation =/= causality. Simply having two parents of any kind would allow a child more resources and time to develop alongside a role model or teacher. That's not to say that the current distribution of sexes among more technical fields would generally put men in a better position to teach children logic and career related things than women.

That doesn't always mean its good

I was with a kid in school whose dad spent 2 hours each day teaching him math since he was 4, When the class was learning pluses in minuses he was already doing multiplications and divisions at home, when we got into multiplications he was being introduced to derivatives and integrands, shortly after he was studying fourier transforms with both ODE and PDE's...... You get my point, he was the kid that always got 10 in everything, but got kinda hated by teachers because he had the habit of correcting them and spotting mistakes or showing simpler mathematical ways to do things (especially when he got into college).

When his dad died, he said fuck it, didn't give a shit about his dad, moved to some remote town and now lives there with his gf, 9 cats, and guts/fillets fishes for a living on minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjanaprik View Post
    That doesn't always mean its good

I was with a kid in school whose dad spent 2 hours each day teaching him math since he was 4, When the class was learning pluses in minuses he was already doing multiplications and divisions at home, when we got into multiplications he was being introduced to derivatives and integrands, shortly after he was studying fourier transforms with both ODE and PDE's...... You get my point, he was the kid that always got 10 in everything, but got kinda hated by teachers because he had the habit of correcting them and spotting mistakes or showing simpler mathematical ways to do things (especially when he got into college).

When his dad died, he said fuck it, didn't give a shit about his dad, moved to some remote town and now lives there with his gf, 9 cats, and guts/fillets fishes for living on minimum wage.
    So basically, His dad was a posative influence on him, and due to the loss of his Paternal figure, fell into a deepward spiral of self-destruction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Correlation =/= causality. Simply having two parents of any kind would allow a child more resources and time to develop alongside a role model or teacher. That's not to say that the current distribution of sexes among more technical fields would generally put men in a better position to teach children logic and career related things than women.
    The Typical feminist response.

Downplay men's roles while saying Women are underrepresented in something for some magical reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    The man who conducted the study says this shows, that both parents are important to a child. Man from a men's advocacy group says men are disadvantaged, but the more important sex. Former seems a little more...objective and scientific?
    Objective reality says men are disadvantaged in family courts.
    Its as much a fact as the earth rotating the fucking sun.

Objective reality says men are disadvantaged in family courts.
    Its as much a fact as the earth rotating the fucking sun.
    B-But don't you see it? The invisible magical force that makes women not want to do the exact things as men means men are always better off!

Quote Originally Posted by Warbrand View Post
    So basically, His dad was a posative influence on him, and due to the loss of his Paternal figure, fell into a deepward spiral of self-destruction.
    No, he always hated his dad and anything regarding school, but was too afraid of him to actually stop going to school, so once he died he was more relieved.

I have never encountered an individual as obsessed with feminism as Xarim claims to be, it is bordering on the pathological if his posts aren't in jest/designed to get a rise out of the OT forums on a regular basis...

No, he always hated his dad and anything regarding school, but was too afraid of him to actually stop going to school, so once he died he was more relieved.
    How is being a literal failure relieved?

Deleted
    Indeed - his dad should have been a violent drunk, or absent, then his son would be in jail now!

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I have never encountered an individual as obsessed with feminism as Xarim claims to be, it is bordering on the pathological if his posts aren't in jest/designed to get a rise out of the OT forums on a regular basis...
    Anyone who tries to stop the cancer that is feminism is a good guy to me.

Anyone who tries to stop the cancer that is feminism is a good guy to me.
    Apparently you don't know what the word "feminism" actually means.

Deleted

yeah - Terrible father teaching his son things - What has the world come to.

Indeed - his dad should have been a violent drunk, or absent, then his son would be in jail now!
    You know this got me thinking about fatherhood, and wonder how if I was a "stay at home father" How that is literally one of the best things ever.

Nothing but doing housework and cooking, DIY and helping the kids. I find it amazing how a Feminists idea of a "Downtrodden lesser role" is every man's idea of their fucking vacation.