Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    He's bragging about the fact that he spanks a 5 year old for lying? It's like he's trying to be the most unlikeable dick possible.
    Oh my. Such a horrible form of abuse. That's way worse than the time my mother knocked me out for playing with a toy in the store some other kid opened. Literally back handed my ass unconscious. In front of other people.

Can't wait to see your generation's kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    How is that different than any other Presidential candidate? they are all promising shit without explaining how they are going to do it
    And I was basically referring to all candidates when I said that. I apologize for not being clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Cruz lies his ass off. http://www.politifact.com/personalities/ted-cruz/

I think Cruz just outed his fetish. He wants America to spank him... hard.
    Isn't the fetish to spank women?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Cruz lies his ass off. http://www.politifact.com/personalities/ted-cruz/

I think Cruz just outed his fetish. He wants America to spank him... hard.
    Read. The. Sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I like to make up numbers too, I think 80% of voters enjoy fake statistics as well
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

It's closer to 30% R/D with 40% independents but there you go. If you take the leans R/D column his numbers weren't that far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Oh my. Such a horrible form of abuse. That's way worse than the time my mother knocked me out for playing with a toy in the store some other kid opened. Literally back handed my ass unconscious. In front of other people.

Can't wait to see your generation's kids.

- - - Updated - - -

And I was basically referring to all candidates when I said that. I apologize for not being clear.
    I'm sorry, I seem to have stumbled upon a self pity party. I forgot to bring the cake.

Your mother's horrible parenting skills don't counter anything regarding Cruz's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    What is wrong about spanking a 5 year old who lies? I was spanked when I was little. Know what it taught me? Respect, and not to lie.

Or is spanking "abuse."?

And he isn't saying anything odd. Just saying voters should call out Hilary on her bull, which some do, but others ignore every flaw she has.
    Just to be clear, you're defending spanking a 5 year old for lying, as well as defending a presidential candidate for saying another candidate should be spanked...

And there's nothing odd...lol.

I'm sorry, I seem to have stumbled upon a self pity party. I forgot to bring the cake.

Your mother's horrible parenting skills don't counter anything regarding Cruz's.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to be clear, you're defending spanking a 5 year old for lying, as well as defending a presidential candidate for saying another candidate should be spanked...

Do you think spanking is wrong?

7+ Year Old Account

Yes I am. Maybe if more people my age got their asses kicked when they were being little shits growing up, we wouldn't have such an entitlement problem. Or a lack of honesty.

And politicians say ridiculous things all the time.

I mean, didn't Ol' Bernie blame Climate Change for ISIS or something like that?

Yes I am. Maybe if more people my age got their asses kicked when they were being little shits growing up, we wouldn't have such an entitlement problem. Or a lack of honesty.

The wave of kids not really getting punished is a new thing...

Cruz is a buffon.

He is middle management drone, somehow promoted to positions that outrank his ability.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Do you think spanking is wrong?
    My personal feelings on it are irrelevant. We have a supposedly legitimate Presidential candidate bragging about how he disciplines his children with spankings, and how it should be applied to another candidate.

It's pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

"Maybe we wouldn't have these unquantifiable problems if we hit kids more often".

Lol, no please. Keep going.

7+ Year Old Account

Maybe we wouldn't have these unquantifiable problems if we hit kids more often".

So clearly you are anti-spanking.

That's fine. Just understand others think differently.

So clearly you are anti-spanking.

That's fine. Just understand others think differently.
    The thought process you exhibit is what I'm "anti", if anything.

Cruz is arguably the worst out of the Republican rabble. I can't think of single redeeming quality about him.

7+ Year Old Account
    The thought process you exhibit is what I'm "anti", if anything.
    Just making an observation based on how you worded it. It's not about "hitting" the child, its more about discipline and giving negative outcomes to a negative behavior.

Don't want to be spanked? Don't be a liar.

My personal feelings on it are irrelevant. We have a supposedly legitimate Presidential candidate bragging about how he disciplines his children with spankings, and how it should be applied to another candidate.

It's pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

"Maybe we wouldn't have these unquantifiable problems if we hit kids more often".

I guess its fine to see it that way if you are antispanking and want to over react. Its not about bragging about hitting kids. Its saying that if you lie, you should be held accountable for it, whether you are 5 or 60.

Just making an observation based on how you worded it. It's not about "hitting" the child, its more about discipline and giving negative outcomes to a negative behavior.

So its not about some all encompassing "entitlement" and liar theory of yours? Just about hitting being the only viable solution to a negative behavior.

This just keeps getting better

- - - Updated - - -

I guess its fine to see it that way if you are antispanking and want to over react. Its not about bragging about hitting kids. Its saying that if you lie, you should be held accountable for it, whether you are 5 or 60.
    If has nothing to do with being anti spanking. It's anti-stupidity. If you're cool with a presidential candidate espousing that sort of thing then there really isn't much else to discuss.

7+ Year Old Account
    See this guy gets it.

- - - Updated - - -

If has nothing to do with being anti spanking. It's anti-stupidity. If you're cool with a presidential candidate espousing that sort of thing then there really isn't much else to discuss.
    What's wrong with saying somebody should be held accountable for a lie? Maybe the wording just hugged you the wrong way.

And from what I have seen in the past, you are extremely anti-right wing, so why bother trying to make a point? We get it, you hate the GOP.

10+ Year Old Account

Spanking prior to around age 12 doesn't work, other than cause psychological damage. According to Piaget's theory of cognitive development, a 5 year old is simply not developed enouph to understand cause and effect. Do you spank the child for believing in fairy tales? The parent for lying? You are advocating spanking of those who believe in Santa and the tooth fairy for lying...

- - - Updated - - -

What's wrong with saying somebody should be held accountable for a lie? Maybe the wording just hugged you the wrong way.
    Other than the fact they don't understand the differance between imagination and a lie, as well as not being capable of understanding cause and effect?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

See this guy gets it.

- - - Updated - - -

And from what I have seen in the past, you are extremely anti-right wing, so why bother trying to make a point? We get it, you hate the GOP.
    There are ways to say things and there are ways not to say things. Pretending like everything that's ever said should be taken as a legitimate thought, just because someone managed to cobble together enough brain function to utter it, is laughable.

Again, I'm anti-stupidity. If you interpret that as being "extremely anti right wing" that says more about where the right wing is now than it does about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Spanking prior to around age 12 doesn't work, other than cause psychological damage. According to Piaget's theory of cognitive development, a 5 year old is simply not developed enouph to understand cause and effect. Do you spank the child for believing in fairy tales? The parent for lying? You are advocating spanking of those who believe in Santa and the tooth fairy for lying...

- - - Updated - - -

Other than the fact they don't understand the differance between imagination and a lie, as well as not being capable of understanding cause and effect?
    No one is saying to spank the kids for everything. And kids do know what cause and effect is. If the child doesn't not respond to any other form of discipline, spanking is used as a last resort and it usually works.

"You are advocating spanking of those who believe in Santa and the tooth fairy for lying..." I don't recall him saying that. Don't put words into other peoples mouth.