Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you think money and material goods are essential to be happy ?

Hello, I wanna have some opinions about the title, thanks !

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, but it can help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hello, I think it would be common courtesy to share views FIRST in your OP, thanks!
    You mean you aren't a fan of greymane news threads? lol. That gets to me too.

Not money specifically but you won't be very happy with out food ora place to sleep every night.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Essential, no, useful, yes.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

If you can put it in a bag its a good.

You put food in a bag its a material good.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hello, I think it would be common courtesy to share views FIRST in your OP, thanks!
    Yup sorry, I wanted to write something different than "hey give me your opinion thx bb" when I wanted to create the thread but I really have no opinion about this, this is why I created the thread and then give my opinion from your reflexions

10+ Year Old Account
    Essential? No. Helpful? Fuck yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Am1ne View Post
    Yup sorry, I wanted to write something different than "hey give me your opinion thx bb" when I wanted to create the thread but I really have no opinion about this, this is why I created the thread and then give my opinion from your reflexions
    How do you have no opinion? You have enough brain power to create the thread so you should have enough brain power to form an opinion.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Yes. Yes I do.

Yes. I don't think I could be happy if I was homeless and with no electricity and certain mod cons. Having to grow food and hunt to survive, I don't think I could manage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

For most people yes, but hardly for everyone.

Yes. I was happy when I got my new TV, then I forgot it a day later. You didn't specify if it was perma happiness.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ability to live decently is the bottom of Maslow's Heiarchy, so in that sense, yes. Beyond getting basic physical needs met I recall a study on how up through around $80,000 / year (probably about $100k now) money did increase happiness, but that after that it had no difference or was a net negative influence on happiness.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Waking up next to Lili Simmons every morning would make me happy. I'd need a nice bit of money to help make that possible. You might say it's an essential portion of "the plan" to get her.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Waking up next to Lili Simmons every morning would make me happy. I'd need a nice bit of money to help make that possible. You might say it's an essential portion of "the plan" to get her.
    Piss off. I already called dibs.

yes, but i know I'm materialistic and i hate it really.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    No

[10 characters]

Quote Originally Posted by Am1ne View Post
    Hello, I wanna have some opinions about the title, thanks !
    Yes.

Anyone who says different is lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    All that money and you choose her?