Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I do think those things are needed to be happy, but I'm someone who doesn't have any of those other things that usually make people happy. Sure others can be happy without loads of money or crazy amounts of material objects, but the bit I have keeps me content.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Simple answer: No
    Complex answer: Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Am1ne View Post
    Yup sorry, I wanted to write something different than "hey give me your opinion thx bb" when I wanted to create the thread but I really have no opinion about this, this is why I created the thread and then give my opinion from your reflexions
    Stating such would have been a good beginning.
    Just asking without offering anything of your own is just rude.

On topic:
    (I'm bad at expressing this properly in English, but bear with me, please.)

Yes, I think a certain amount of money and material goods are essential to be happy in our world.
    Enough to live on should of course be obvious, but aside from that there are two other things I'd like to point out:

1. Material goods:
    People interact with the world on a physical level, not just on a mental one, thus two kinds of "material goods" certainly are involved with happyness:
    Some space of their own where they can decide what to do (limited by certain rules as always, of course) - that is a kind of material good (this is about possession, not ownership).
    Items of non-material/sentimental value like mementos especially those that also have material value and thus might appeal to others. If there is no "sense of possession" then another person could just take those resulting in a net loss (the new use of the item only gets the material value, the prior user loses that plus the non-material value).

2. Money:
    I think a small amount of money is neccessary.
    Money represents choice, it offers the ability to choose between options without everything being free for all.

They certainly don't hurt.