View Poll Results: How would you react?

Voters
70. This poll is closed
  • This would make me like them even more!

3 4.29%
  • I would be totally fine with it.

8 11.43%
  • I would be upset, but continue dating the person.

1 1.43%
  • I don't know.

12 17.14%
  • I would stop dating them, but remain their friend.

18 25.71%
  • I would cut off all ties with them.

17 24.29%
  • I would change my gender as well, out of spite.

2 2.86%
  • Ban the OP please!

9 12.86%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If you learned your date had their gender changed...

Suppose you are dating a person you really-really love, unaware they had their gender changed. Then you learn of it from them. How would you react?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I would question my perceptiveness if I couldn't tell someone I was dating that I supposedly really really love transitioned without me knowing.

Are you asking what if you were under the assumption that they were X the whole time and they turned out to be Y?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Suppose you are dating a person you really-really love, unaware they had their gender changed. Then you learn of it from them. How would you react?
    Like any rational person I would be outraged and disgusted.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I really love you...but knowing this now I just cant keep this going,mew can still be friends though". -sends text-

Quote Originally Posted by The Flowering Sunset View Post
    Like any rational person I would be outraged and disgusted.
    Yes..."rational"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I would question my perceptiveness if I couldn't tell someone I was dating that I supposedly really really love transitioned without me knowing.

Are you asking what if you were under the assumption that they were X the whole time and they turned out to be Y?
    No, rather, suppose, you are a straight male and you cannot tell them from a woman, but at some point they tell you they were born in a male body and then went through SRS to change their gender.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it changed during the date I'd be impressed.

I'd stop dating them, could remain friends though.

I'm not into dating guys. I would cut contact with them and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by slayer1919 View Post
    I'm not into dating guys. I would cut contact with them and move on.
    Gonna go with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we talking post-op? As in having all the proper bits and pieces to be considered a member of the gender they changed to? If so, I probably wouldn’t have an issue with it tbh. If it’s pre-op, then I would either stay just friends, or wait until they underwent the procedures they intend to go with, then i’d revisit the subject with them.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

The last option, because that is the best answer, even if it doesn't answer anything.

Otherwise I'd be friendly if they told me upfront, if they deceive me into anything I'd cut all ties immediately, either way I would never date them though. I want a proper working girlfriend. I also would like to think the topic is not allowed here :P.

Stop dating and cut contact. Be surprised as to how I didn't figure it out while dating him as well as quite upset for him concealing it from me.

that depends
    if they changed their gender by magic making them exactly the same as others girls, i would not have a problem with that
    if was the real life change with all the limitations? i don't think i would able to deal with that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Are we talking post-op? As in having all the proper bits and pieces to be considered a member of the gender they changed to? If so, I probably wouldn’t have an issue with it tbh.
    Hmm, I haven't clarified that... But yes, probably post-op.

I assume you are talking about a situation where I've met a nice person, went on a couple dates and I'm in love with her at that point (not sure how since it was only a couple of dates), when she drops the "I was a man before." (I fail to realise how I wouldn't notice if we were already in a relationship.)

I guess if I really love her, I would try to continue without that being a factor. Not sure if I would succeed, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't throw them out of my life, but as dating/marriage/sex material that would be an instant deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    No, rather, suppose, you are a straight male and you cannot tell them from a woman, but at some point they tell you they were born in a male body and then went through SRS to change their gender.
    Honestly I have never seen a "convincing" transexual person... but that is beside the point.

1) I'm a man and I want children.
    2) I would feel like this was a huge lie, and since you stated we were in love I feel like we would have been together for a long time, and lies like that aren't acceptable.
    3) I've been in love a few times, and for one reason or another it didn't work out, and yet I moved on, so I would move on. It would hurt a lot most likely.
    4) And I will repeat, I haven't seen any passing transexuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say no

break it off, i am not into my own gender