Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not long after TBC launch, I was watching my brother play WoW, He was in Shattrath and a cheetah ran past him, Jumped off the Aldor lift and turned into a bird, that's what made me start WoW, and play druid, the druid I made is still my main today and always has been, I also have several other druids, I just love the class

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I only made a druid for the shape shifting, I don't know why, but it's just fun to fly around as a bird. I prefer the cheetah to the stag, and orca to whatever that blob is, I wish that customization was there without the glyphs.

I agree man, the cheetah and the orca are so much cooler looking! Hopefully Legion will change things around for us =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Have been playing a Male Tauren Resto Druid since vanilla, love it =D

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Ever healed a bad blood dk?
    Literally pointless commentary; was about rotational complexity as a tank.

But yes, you're right, you brilliant person. Bad players ARE bad. Wow. Well commented.
    disco inferno

15+ Year Old Account
    I mained a Orc BM hunter through vanilla and BC and always loved the look of a NE druid in cat form. Thought they were just cool as hell.
    During WotLK a few friends of mine wanted to migrate from Blackhand server horde side to Gilneas alliance and start fresh and new. I figured this would be the perfect time to create my own NE druid. Especially since it was able to play all specs I would not have to worry about being stuck in one role as I had grown tired of DPS.
    I absolutely fell in love with my NE druid. The lore is just fantastic to. I went balls to the walls during WotLK with my druid choosing resto for most of the expansion. Got alot of achievements with him as well. Getting the Salty title through fishing was especially important to me and felt so good when I did. Eventually my friends stopped playing and I was left alone and decided to bring him to Blackhand. Even though he has been a troll from Cata on I just can't get used to it...I miss my NE.

As an altaholic I can't comfortably say I have a "main" but my druid is probably my favorite. I get anxiety when I don't start leveling him first each expansion.
    Classes change so much with every expansion I like to keep a handful at max level in case Blizz breaks a class and make it clunky for me.

Don't think twice MAKE A DRUID!!!
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Deleted
    Your Feedbacks are splendid, Sirs!
    Keep them going, as I appreciate them SO much!
    (And, I'm definetly seeing me Playing a duds Next xpac (as well as DH - Probably maining this because of mobility. That's freaking huge.) without regrets! I just need to prepurchase so I can skip leveling (Already have 3 toons, getting 2 more starts to be exhausting XD) :P )

Ever since I started playing WoW I had huge Druid envy. They best reflect my vegetarian, animal-loving real life persona, they are so versatile and becoming animals and stealthing around always looked so cool. I tried to gank a level 29 druid as a level 41 warrior back in vanilla when I first started WoW (and sucked) and he killed me in a hilarious way. They've got instant flight, had a lot of unique quests and lore, and were just awesome allies to have.

BUT, I never rolled one. Just recently I used a 100 boost to create my first ever one to get beyond level 20. Weird right? My favorite class in WoW is one I never rolled. I attribute me never rolling one to not really liking how Night Elves looked back when all my friends went Alliance. My RL friend who got me into WoW played Druid and I didn't want to play the same class as him, and by the time I had 3 max levels I dreaded ever leveling again.

Started during TBC at the very start of the expansion.

None of the other classes were that enjoyable to me, they all just felt like one trick ponies. But the feral druid to me, I really enjoyed it I could be both tank and DPS as needed with a simple gear swap in PvE and I was actually rocking the DPS charts about anywhere i DPSed when I went back then. Only made it to T5 content at the time but it was funny watching people who tried to say there was no such thing as feral DPS getting killed by me (Most weren't used to a kitty doing over 1,300 DPS at the time (And that was if I didn't powershift) and I was also a pretty decent tank as well.

But the big thing for me was the PVP, I wasn't a one trick pony like the other classes felt like to me. I was going to out rogue a rogue or out warrior the warrior, I actually had to come at them and play smart as they each generally took different approaches to stand up to. Loved to kill it in world PvP, City raids and battlegrounds. Hated arena though, just felt to plain and boring, even winning it felt like pulling teeth, the only use the arena players me was watching them complain when they lost to me, favorite was an 2400+ ranked S4 Disc priest who went at me for over 2 hours trying beat me in duel after duel. It was funny, 6 minute duel followed by 6 minutes of him complaining and calling feral OP, followed by another 6 minute duel till he rage quit.

The clincher that really got me into WoW though was actually WoWscape when I first started. I was an Alliance druid on it (Horde Druid on retail afterward) but I was around level 31 in Desolace solo, I stealthed and came up on 4 Horde around my same level in the area. I spent the next hour stalking them (also forgot to mention in world PvP, I played like an actual predator and stalked my pray and watched them before opening) every time I would watch one of them stray from the group, I would jump and kill them and then run off before the others could get to me with the exception of this level 34 warrior whom I wasn't strong enough to even attempt solo. After repeatedly killing the other 3 when they strayed, they eventually just logged I think with the exception of the level 34 warrior, while I was watching him and trying to figure out how to take him, an alliance hunter the same level came along as we both killed him together and I did a /dance on his corpse. After that, I was hooked.

Edit: Then WotLK came along and ruined my class play style for me, was fine for PvE, but sucked and dull playing PvP like that.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

My druid was the first character I ever made back in mid classic, the whole idea of shapeshifting and being able to fill any role as needed (mostly) was what attracted me to the class. I've always been feral, no matter what, and tanking as off-spec only when there was no other choice. Moonkin never suited my style, mostly because of Eclipse (either the talent or the resource bar), and I've never been a healer, I prefer to dps or tank.

In classic Bear and Cat were mediocre, but in TBC and WotLK they were absolutely fun to play and I was always top damage in my guild (not saying I'm a pro or anything, I'm definitely not, but I was good at it). I remember this one time I was single tanking Gruul and I really don't remember what happend but half the healers suddenly died and I was the only battle-rezzer alive, I said on raidcall I was BR someone and everybody started screaming at me "noooooooooooo, don't do it!!!" , but I had so much dodge (around 45% if I don't recall badly) that I shapeshifted out, dodged and attack from Gruul, casted Rebirth on the main healer, our holy priest, dodge another attack, and shifted back to bear form and kept tanking, and everybody was like "did that just really happen?" XD. We managed to kill the boss and everybody was cheering at me. It felt really good :P.

But what I really really enjoyed, specially in WotLK, was PvP in bgs. Oh god, I was unstoppable. Why? Because I used my whole toolkit. Most ferals just stayed in cat form most of the time, a few used bear form and some heals when needed and some cc when needed, but almost nobody used things Nature's Grasp (oh god, how much I miss you), Insect Swarm and Moonfire which added a little more damage in between shapeshifts, I even used Starfire to forced some interrupts, or to troll at their faced... or hurricane as AoE (was better than Swipe at some times) in dungeons..., saving situations using bear form or Tranquility... really fun times being so hybrid even as spec'd as melee dps.

Then Cataclysm came and the start of the ability pruning came... and the fun started to pour. At least for me. Nowadays I shift to Bear form and I only have 3 buttons to press, when I had like 10 or 11 back then. So sad. And, althought Feral is in a really nice spot right now, I don't find it as fun as back.

Also, I've been hating Savage Roar with passion ever since it was introduced. Most plain, boring and unfair ability ever. (IMO, of course).

Right now, I'm really considering benching one of my two mains for the first time in 10 years, the only thing that is really attracting me from Legion is the white tribal feral form from the actifact (I love it, very troll-ish, reminds me a bit to Loque'nahak, tho I'm a tauren). Maybe I just need some time apart from him to revive my love for him. I don't know.

But overall, one of the best classes there are.

Yes druids ARE amazing! I've played druid for 10 years, and besides my priest I play nothing else but those two classes.
    I have 5-6.. 7? Druids at level 100, I don't even remember.

Also, we're raiding Heroic HFC with only-druids twice a week! On Shadowsong we have a guild with only druids, and what other class can pull off having a solid raiding guild consisting of just a single class?! (I know a lot of Mythic geared DKs have gone into previous content. Respect to those guys, I love em! But there is also a difference between being pre-mythic geared and not in same guild and then gearing up as a guild from scratch - Still the DK guys are awesome and I wish I had time to do a Mythic DK so I could participate)

I love druids and I really couldn't see myself playing this game now in a normal guild. I really appreciate all the great fan-art, discussion and passion coming from the entire druid community.

Peace out! (Druids on this pic killing Gorefiend on HC)

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    ... that night elf druid in the vanilla cinematic that did the trick.
    Exactly this!

Always loved shapeshifting and tanking since Kara in BC.

Also hat a lot of PVP fun as BearCat (RIP you perfect skill tree) and Resto in WotLK.
    Last edited by Thaledwyn; 2016-01-28 at 01:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Ever since I started playing WoW I had huge Druid envy. They best reflect my vegetarian, animal-loving real life persona, they are so versatile and becoming animals and stealthing around always looked so cool. I tried to gank a level 29 druid as a level 41 warrior back in vanilla when I first started WoW (and sucked) and he killed me in a hilarious way. They've got instant flight, had a lot of unique quests and lore, and were just awesome allies to have.

BUT, I never rolled one. Just recently I used a 100 boost to create my first ever one to get beyond level 20. Weird right? My favorite class in WoW is one I never rolled. I attribute me never rolling one to not really liking how Night Elves looked back when all my friends went Alliance. My RL friend who got me into WoW played Druid and I didn't want to play the same class as him, and by the time I had 3 max levels I dreaded ever leveling again.
    the intro video, and exactly what Humbugged says,
    i've started near the ''end'' of Vanilla, and played war.. changed for Rogue assas + MM hunt in TBC, but i remember the Druid ofc who was a king these days and i wanted to rolled one, a pally + demo+ mage+ dk + a shaman later and i just roll a druid, i'm 70+ and it's so good, kind of ''why now, it should have been your main class!! rahhh.
    i'm a bit disappointed because i know, the drood was amazing to play in TBC and i missed that, but you know, Rogues wasn't bad either

Deleted
    Druid was my first and is my main char. Started as a tank and in wotlk switched to resto. I love tree and u will notice it is very unique and enjjoyable. Leveling is so awesome as cat, u can always swap out and heal, stealth, tank mode and so on.

Go resto.

Deleted
    Ladies and Mentlegens, thanks to your awesome feedbacks I finally stepped in, and... Made my toon!
    Zelara is a newborn lvl100 Feral Druid (yeah, culdn't help but use the boost from the preorder :P), Female Troll.
    Cheers!

However, because I do not see any thread like this (correct me if I am wrong tho), I also would like to continue hearing your thoughts, stories, or 'vents' about this magic and awesome class, asking therefore to not lock this even if I ended up making the drood

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Jivhan View Post
    Hello hippies!
    I want to know what was YOUR spark, that ignited the passion for this class. What is for you that screams 'I'll play this because is the best of the best!' - Just some druid's stories about love, hatred and joy from you mmoc fellows ^^
    Peace!
    I love the overall flavor of the class and the versatility when soloing. Whether it's flight form to collect herbs, cat form to stealth by mobs I don't feel like fighting, or bear form to maul whatever I've agro'd, I can do it all, switching back and forth seamlessly without even having to step out of combat for a spec-swap.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also excited about exploring the Emerald Dream and personalizing beast forms in Legion!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always loved druids. When I first started WoW (late BC) I just bought the game, no trial. I made Kyux the Nelf druid and haven't looked back since.

I think what sparked the love for me was when I bought a magazine about WoW in 2006. In it it spoke about druids and how you need to be fluid in your shifting, moving between forms as required. I loved that. I also like the nature-oriented side of the class, being the ultimate hybrid, master-of-none but jack-of-all-trades. Ever since whenever I'm asked "if you could have one super power, what would it be?" I say shape-shifting.

Druids ftw. Druids for life!

15+ Year Old Account
    Believe it or no, I started because I liked Mark of the Wild. I was like "wtf all of that in a single buff". That was when vanilla launched and MotW gave armor, all stats and all resistances.
    Then I simply fell in love with the versatility. Went from pure resto, to feral tank in 1.8, to a hybrid tri-role build for AQ20 and ZG (boy was that fun), to balance and then feral again in TBC/WotLK. Considering the fascination for a single spell brought me to build math models for the druid class and writing the druid tank guide here (back in the day) I'd say it was a very fun journey indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted
    nice post OP

My little insight: i started playing as a rogue in vanilla, took me forever to level up (guess what, i played as subtlety, it took me forever ), i started to love raiding in TBC but due to my guild disbanding and server situation (it used to be only 1-2 rogues per raid) i couldnt raid anymore. I realized i like raiding more than playing a specific class, atleast thats what i thought at that time. I slowly started leveling a druid, it took me little less than forever but it was still a pain the ass, i reached lvl 68 during last TBC patch, i still raided occasionally with my rogue and i saw balance druids viable, kitty somewhat viable, bears were regular at the end of TBC and resto was always pretty good in PvE and PvP. Basically i knew that as a druid i will always be able to get a raid spot, always.

It was my first decision in WoW based on pure logic, i picked rogue because it looked interesting, i didnt know much about the game at that time. I saw druids with their unique fly form, able to pick up herbs and stuff without mounting all the time, they can be melee (with stealth!), ranged caster, healer or tank. Every-single-role in the game. Plus in PvP resto druids often shifted to other forms, Legion could be bringing this back it seems, thats just awesome. Second closest pick was paladin (tank, melee, healer) and then shaman (healer, melee and ranged).

After i made my choice to change my main character i began to love druids. Other classes bore me very fast, they all feel the same, all 3 rogue specs are meh, all 3 hunter specs are the same...this does not happen with my druid. With these new systems (gear changing based on spec and such) i can raid as moonkin, PvP as resto one day and as feral other day. Soloing stuff is awesome as moonkin, especially farming some mounts and transmog gear, just pop starfall and run Whatever you do you do it faster than other classes, from switching archeology sites, fishing areas, collecting stuff to moving around the world (moonglade portal + glyph teleport).

Plus there is nice lore behind the class, after doing some low lvl quests in cataclysm i felt an urge to spread green trees and flowers everywhere, Go Cenarion Circle, Go! Flower Power!

[Nostalgia alert]

I started playing druid late during vanilla for a couple reasons.

The major reason without a doubt was the class community back then. Rarely if ever two druids of opposing factions would even consider attacking each other. I don't think Alamo was around back then, but we already lived his wisdom. ("DURIDS IS MUST ALWAYZ HALP EECH OTHER")
    In addition to that gearing was really cool, as I always wanted to tank. Back then gear pieces with additional armor would get the full bear form multiplier so you could equip specific level 40 items that remained best in slot through the first raid tiers. I always liked the aspect of searching for the oddball pieces.
    Last but not least the hybrid feel was real back then. I vividly remember running Scarlet Monastry with my druid guildmate and me alternating between bear and cat form every pull.
    It may sound random but I also loved you could activate barkskin and jump from any height without dying during vanilla (as maximum fall damage was 100% hp, which got reduced by 20%). I totally was into exploring the world.

That being said the codex of peace amoung druids largely vanished when they became the best arena healer during BC (lots of active PVP players switched to the class) and tank gear is pretty normalized these days, so I'm not sure this can really help you.
    I hope some of the hybrid feeling comes back with Legion. Figuring out the best times to switch out of form to get an innervate, tranquility or battle rezz out was a lot of fun during BC and pretty sure my mates got a good laught when it turned it actually wasn't the best time at all.

This memories alone never really made me consider switching to another class.

[/Nostalgia alert]

So what do I love about my druid right now? Especially while questing you can't help feeling smug when you stealth through some stuff and suddenly your quest target faces a freaking bear. If you are questing in zones where flight is allowed you can snatch a lot of objectives without ever landing.
    Dash allows for daring escapes and I love the feel of jumping down a really high cliff hoping I lose aggro fast enough to switch into flight form.

Raids are fun and relatively chill as a guardian once you have figured out when to use your cooldowns, which suits me as well.
    Last edited by Yeran; 2016-02-12 at 12:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Instant flight form. Pissing off people questing. I remember the servers coming up so late after maintenance the day flight form was released. Stayed up for hours and hours just to complete.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre