Deleted

Proper Grindy But Doable Achievments

Hey

I would say that completing Insane in the Membrane was probably one of the most satisfying personal experiences I have had in a game. From leveling a rogue for the sole purpose of farming the lock boxes to staying up late with a group of random people perfectly spread out in an area to mass farm the hell out of mobs for rep. Having to put some thought and planning (Darkmoon rep) into it but still being able to simply go and farm and see myself getting closer and closer with every kill or pickpocket to my goal.

Do you see Blizzard implementing anything on such a scale (even in its current form, not necessarily in its original difficulty) again? Something to put a lot of time into, something niche but with measurable progress?

For those that have done Insane, did you enjoy it? For those that haven't, whats stopping you? Does it simply have no appeal?

All I got left is get honored with the pirate people, but I just cba to regain all my goblin reps after that. Been like this for 5years now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    All I got left is get honored with the pirate people, but I just cba to regain all my goblin reps after that. Been like this for 5years now.
    I believe in you, you can do it.

DONT LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS!

At least with the insane you always know exactly how many lockboxes/quests/mobs you have left, no RNG, since it's reputations.

Something like the seeker of knowledge, the MoP archaeology meta achievement, is deceivingly grindy. Based on the various Wowhead comments and such that i remember once reading I believe they said you should expect somewhere in the region of 700-800 solves on average. Obviously some can do it in 400 and others need 2000, but most should be 700-800 ± a hundred or so.

Other similarly grindy achievements in my mind include 250k HKs, 200k gold looted, 10k daily quests.. Multiple achievements that are account-wide. Whether you do it on a single character or 5, you still have to loot 200k gold in total (and so on). I sometimes try to imagine the achievements as if I was completely new to the came. I really can't see them increasing those achievements from where they're now based on that view.

I can however see them doing single achievements that take time to complete such as the insane, I even dare say they're constantly doing so. The warlord of draenor was one of those. Even if you abused the ashran raids before the 6.2 changes it still took quite a bit of time to get the rarer races done, and it's only going to get harder as time goes on. Come Legion no one will be playing ashran leaving with you even fewer options. The curator, WoD archaeology meta, is another - especially if you did it before flying was implemented. Just because they're not feats of strength doesn't mean tthey aren't grindy as hell. A LOT worse than the insane if you have bad RNG.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a short list of achievements that I consider to be proper grindy. Its always small Projects like these that get me all hyped up 'Yeah, I should finish this!' before it turning into resentment towards myself for even starting when Im midways through the grind. The list for me is quite short, but Ill give you the list and when I finished them to give some aspect as to how grindy it actually was. With that being said, I hope they never stop introducing grindy achievements, because I do love them, despite hating them.

- Hero of Shattrath, 2009
    - Insane in the Membrane, 2012
    - I've Got 9999 Problems but a Bone-White Primal Raptor Ain't One, 2013

There are reputation grinds that are as bad, or up there along With these achievements, but I dont consider reputations to be valid for these lists. However, if someone has suggestions for other Projects I can fill my time With, be sure to notify me. Ill be free once I have gotten 85 reps at exalted (which shouldnt be too long now).

Nobody mentioned the 5000 PvP pet battle victories achievement yet - that's probably one of the most grindy achievements with measurable progress in the game.

Classic BG reps. (Defiler or Justicar)

1/2 way through revered with WSG. Been 4 years but I will eventually do it