Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Swap Doomhammer with Fist of Ra-den for Ele/Enh?

Starting to think Doomhammer + a Shield would've been better for Ele and Fist(s) of Ra-den for Enhance. Instead of trying to fudge Doomhammer into a dual wield scenario, not to mention I've always seen Thrall as more of an elemental shaman than anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Whats the point of having Doomhammer as a Elemental shaman if it just stays on your back or hip the entire time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Whats the point of having Doomhammer as a Elemental shaman if it just stays on your back or hip the entire time?
    It could have a lot of sweet spell animations + they wouldn't have to come up with an excuse for an off-hand weapon.

Thisll never happen and it doesnt need to. Plus the new melee animations look awful with fist weapons.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Starting to think Doomhammer + a Shield would've been better for Ele and Fist(s) of Ra-den for Enhance. Instead of trying to fudge Doomhammer into a dual wield scenario, not to mention I've always seen Thrall as more of an elemental shaman than anything.

... Despite the fact that Thrall ever since Vanilla has engaged all forms of combat as a melee combatant? Thrall is, basically, thé enhancement shaman, fighting with the Doomhammer has always been his thing, hell even Drek'thar comments on his fighting style in WoD.

That said, fist weapons have been synonymous with spellcaster shamans since Wc3.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I think the fist weapon would have been an equally viable option, WC3 shamans having them, Doomhammer having to have an ethereal offhand to make it work for Enh etc where as it would have complimented a shield and Thrall is basically an Elemental shaman in WC3 and hes a terrible melee warrior in WoW.

I think it could have worked well, and they are fixing the animations for fist weapons.

Deleted

Doomhammer is a warrior (Orgrim) weapon given over to a shaman (Thrall). It's THE enhancer weapon! So, no. Doomhammer would not fit better to an elemental.
    Last edited by mmoc681761cd8d; 2016-01-15 at 08:35 AM.

Deleted

Thrall an elemental shaman? Really? Can't tell if serious..

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Thrall an elemental shaman? Really? Can't tell if serious..
    You didn't play Warcraft 3, did you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... Despite the fact that Thrall ever since Vanilla has engaged all forms of combat as a melee combatant? Thrall is, basically, thé enhancement shaman, fighting with the Doomhammer has always been his thing, hell even Drek'thar comments on his fighting style in WoD.

That said, fist weapons have been synonymous with spellcaster shamans since Wc3.
    No, Thrall was and will be Elemental and Enhancement forever. This was re-approved by Blizzard one or two months ago.

Fist weapons are mostly used by melee DPS since the dawn of time, dont even try to flip that card.

Deleted
    Thrall is neither Elemental, nor Enhancer. He is the Lore-Spec. He is whatever Blizzard wants him to be. He is Elemental when Blizzard wants him to stand in the back and cast stuff (Cataclysm) and he is Enhancer, when Blizzard wants him to fight physically (WoD).

It just doesn't matter what Thrall is, because Blizzard bends his role however they need him. It only matters what Doomhammer is and that's never been a caster weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    Doomhammer is a warrior (Orgrim) weapon given over to a shaman (Thrall). It's THE enhancer weapon! So, no. Doomhammer would not fit better to an elemental.
    Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    Thrall is neither Elemental, nor Enhancer. He is the Lore-Spec. He is whatever Blizzard wants him to be. He is Elemental when Blizzard wants him to stand in the back and cast stuff (Cataclysm) and he is Enhancer, when Blizzard wants him to fight physically (WoD).

It just doesn't matter what Thrall is, because Blizzard bends his role however they need him. It only matters what Doomhammer is and that's never been a caster weapon.
    Fact is, it currently is a Shaman weapon which Thrall was wielding. And Thrall is Elemental and Enhancement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well thrall technically is a Warrior/Ele/Enhance..... same as Vol'jin is more or less a Resto shaman/hunter combo. Sylvanus is a Hunter/Mage combo. The major players are multiple classes to make there lore fit.

But i do agree 'DoomSpammer' should be for Elemental shaman, specially with all the raw elemental power that has been channeled through that thing. Fists would be cool on enhancment and would have worked lore wise aswell with the artifact quest chains for both specs.... sad but true. Blizz dropped the ball on that one.

As another example Anduin will probably be a Priest (As he currently is), Warrior (As magni had started training him) = a Paladin. TBH i think lorewise for the alliance at least this is how Paladins become Paladins tbh.
    Last edited by gambit998; 2016-01-15 at 12:33 PM.

Elemental is all about lightning storms and shit so it makes perfect sense for them to have Fist of Ra-den its more of a conduit to channel the powers of Ra-den rather than to punch someone in the face. the Doomhammer has always been about smacking someone in the face while being imbued with elemental powers. Besides if you use the argument that Thrall was a ranged unit in WC3 while using the doomhammer, the shaman unit in WC3 also used fist weapons while being exclusively a ranged unit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Elemental is all about lightning storms and shit so it makes perfect sense for them to have Fist of Ra-den its more of a conduit to channel the powers of Ra-den rather than to punch someone in the face. the Doomhammer has always been about smacking someone in the face while being imbued with elemental powers. Besides if you use the argument that Thrall was a ranged unit in WC3 while using the doomhammer, the shaman unit in WC3 also used fist weapons while being exclusively a ranged unit.
    Um actually wind is a Nature spell, Enhancment has been running wind orientated spells for ages. Lightning also counts as nature. so that point is moot. It would make little to no difference if they swopped them around tbh. The fact is this Elemental shamans with a 'fist weapon' as a caster is just plain dumb. irrelevant if it is a conduit or not. Hated it in TOT when i was forced to use a fist weapon that didnt even have a second fist....fist weapons on a non melee is a waste. Maces are always around casters belt and in cases that they cannot use maces they have a sword. This is a known fact.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of having the most famous Orc hammer if you don't cave in any skulls with it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Whats the point of me having a weapon that requires me to be in melee range as a caster?

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit998 View Post
    Whats the point of me having a weapon that requires me to be in melee range as a caster?
    Most weapons require melee range to use. Doesn't mean that mages hit mobs with their staves

Thrall is a master Shaman, he doesn't have a spec.

In the books Thrall started as a gladiator turned Shaman, he was an expert in melee combat after studying from Sergeant. He quickly adapted to life under Drek'thar, evidence in destroying Durnholde Keep. - Lord of the Clans

Warcraft 3 in RTS he was based more around a long ranged elemental shaman.

HoTS plucked him out of time during his Warchief period and he's swinging the Doomhammer and using Windfury, whilst still retaining a lot of his Warcraft 3 esque Shaman abilities.

In World of Warcraft he's been very much like HoTS, using Doomhammer as a melee weapon whilst using his Elemental powers. Thrall vs Garrosh Mak'gora Pre-Wotlk and WoD, cinematic scenes entering the Dark Portal, etc.

But seriously, it's the Doomhammer, you have to swing this weapon in melee otherwise it would be a tragedy. I understand Elemental spec players feeling a bit jealous of there Enhancement brothers and sisters but be realistic. It's like having the Ashbringer as Holy spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Fact is, it currently is a Shaman weapon which Thrall was wielding. And Thrall is Elemental and Enhancement.
    Yes. But Doomhammer was the Enhancement part of Thrall... He didn't wield Doomhammer in Cataclysm. Why is that? Because there he was doing all that Elemental stuff. He wielded Doomhammer in WoD. Why is that? Because he was smacking it in enemies' faces.