Poll: Star Wars: The Old Republic Class Story

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    The Consular storyline is a lot better then people say it is. I just started Chapter 3 and its pretty good. Good mix of diplomacy, political intrigue, and action.
    The first couple of times i tried to play a Consular i actually ended up rage quitting around Taris.

The Master you had to cure in Taris was acting all crazy but her Padawan is all "but he's ok, but he's ok"....that Padawan pissed me off so much. And then When you finally finish the class story on Taris you can take the sick Jedi Master into custody. And then the Republic officer wants to kill him. Ohh and then the Jedi Council wants to charge the sick Master, who was not in control of him self due to Sith influence, with treason or murder or whatever. That whole class story chain on Taris just pissed me off.

Sith Warrior and Imperial Agent are good ones. Rest are dire shit.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notanmmmonewbie View Post
    The first couple of times i tried to play a Consular i actually ended up rage quitting around Taris.

The Master you had to cure in Taris was acting all crazy but her Padawan is all "but he's ok, but he's ok"....that Padawan pissed me off so much. And then When you finally finish the class story on Taris you can take the sick Jedi Master into custody. And then the Republic officer wants to kill him. Ohh and then the Jedi Council wants to charge the sick Master, who was not in control of him self due to Sith influence, with treason or murder or whatever. That whole class story chain on Taris just pissed me off.
    Trust me, it's no less annoying as an Inquisitor.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Just finished the Jedi Knight story - boy, they weren't kidding when describing it as a "saving the galaxy" story! Quite fun, but of the 4 I've now done (Knight, Consular, Bounty Hunter and Smuggler), my favourite was the Smuggler.

Sith Warrior next, haven't gotten one past Chapter 1 yet.

Deleted
    It's a close tie between Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior and Inquisitor. Agent isn't too bad either.

Knight and Warrior do pretty much exactly what you might expect from them. Inq has some interesting twists. Consular story... felt a bit weird, but I made my sage so pretty that I like to play her nonetheless. <3

Quote Originally Posted by notanmmmonewbie View Post

I will agree that Chapter 1 is kind of...meh. Playing Jedi Doctor got tiresome. But it definitely picks up in Chapters 2-3. Actually feels more Jedi Knight-ish.

I'm almost done with Consular, at 47 and heading to Corelia now which I believe is the final planet for class quests. Not sure what to do next. Most likely an Imp class, I got Inquisitor at 32(finished Chapter 1) and Warrior at 22 but I kinda want to make a new Warrior(current one is Female but I think Male would fit better). I got bored of Bounty Hunter after the Prologue. Wanna do Imperial Agent last since its the best(and I heard it contains some spoilers for the other stories.

Consular pissed me off, especially as a Shadow. Shadows are supposed to be kind of like Jedi Assassins, going after elite targets and killing them... not diplomats.

As a Sage it makes sense, but as a Shadow, the Consular story just feels retarded.

Sith Warrior is by far my favorite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Consular pissed me off, especially as a Shadow. Shadows are supposed to be kind of like Jedi Assassins, going after elite targets and killing them... not diplomats.

As a Sage it makes sense, but as a Shadow, the Consular story just feels retarded.

Sith Warrior is by far my favorite.
    It probably would have been better to structure the stories by spec instead of class
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    01. Imperial Agent
    02. Sith Inquisitor
    03. Sith Warrior
    04. Jedi Knight
    05. Bounty Hunter
    06. Smuggler
    07. Trooper
    08. Consular
    Exactly my personal list.

Some chapters on specific class stories being weaker than others, but overall that's how I'd rate them accordingly to my preferences as well.

I just finished Consular and I have to say it is a LOT better then people say it is. Now, I've only finished that and Jedi Knight(and I'd still rank Knight better although Knight is also cliche at times), so maybe its just that the other stories all happen to be better, but I don't think the Consular story is bad at all. Just gotta get through Chapter 1 as 2-3 are quite good and much more action packed while still having the Consular sense of diplomacy/politics as well.

I'll do an Imperial class next. My problem with Imp is...its just tough for me to basically be playing for the bad guys. I know you can play Light Side Sith, which I have been doing, but it doesn't feel the same. Probably will continue my Inquisitor next as its already done with Chapter 1.

Light side Imp Warrior is quite fun, at least what I've done of it (finished chapter 1) - seeing the confusion in NPCs when you don't take the typical evil route, and being snarky to Darth Baras is worth the ticket alone.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I'll do an Imperial class next. My problem with Imp is...its just tough for me to basically be playing for the bad guys. I know you can play Light Side Sith, which I have been doing, but it doesn't feel the same. Probably will continue my Inquisitor next as its already done with Chapter 1.
    Go for the Agent. If you've ever seen Burn Notice, you'll love playing light side.

I enjoyed Bounty Hunter/Sith Warrior alot.

7+ Year Old Account
    I loved Bounty Hunter and don't really understand the flak it gets. Tbh if you go into it with the mindset of "I want to play a Bounty Hunter" you should enjoy it, especially if you pick the "I'm just in it for the money" dialogue options. I feel like it's when you're playing with the hero mindset that it'd probably be lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by FestiveBen View Post
    I loved Bounty Hunter and don't really understand the flak it gets. Tbh if you go into it with the mindset of "I want to play a Bounty Hunter" you should enjoy it, especially if you pick the "I'm just in it for the money" dialogue options. I feel like it's when you're playing with the hero mindset that it'd probably be lacking.
    I enjoyed Bounty Hunter and Smuggler well enough, but both came up lacking in doing these random other plotlines when it makes little sense for someone with little to no faction loyalty.

Like with Imperial Agent, you're doing these undercover missions, posing as a Republic guy while also doing random imperial missions that have you kill republic guys.

Smuggler had some great lines though. The Duel on Alderaan was the best part of Alderaan.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Parrin View Post
    Go for the Agent. If you've ever seen Burn Notice, you'll love playing light side.
    Ohh man, Burn Notice is one of my favorite shows. But I'm thinking I'm gonna be swapping between Republic and Imperial so things don't get too repetitive, so after I finish Inquisitor I'll probably go back and finish Trooper.

I just finished Inquisitor Chapter 2 and its...interesting, but personally I find the whole ghost hunting story kind of silly. Consular Chapter 2 was much better, IMO.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I enjoyed Bounty Hunter and Smuggler well enough, but both came up lacking in doing these random other plotlines when it makes little sense for someone with little to no faction loyalty.

Like with Imperial Agent, you're doing these undercover missions, posing as a Republic guy while also doing random imperial missions that have you kill republic guys.

Smuggler had some great lines though. The Duel on Alderaan was the best part of Alderaan.
    It's true that Smuggler/Bounty Hunter feel... odd when doing the planet storylines. But this thread is just about the individual class storylines, which brings my back to my original point, in that I think BH gets a lot of unfair criticism over it's story. The most common complaint I've seen being to do with Chapter 1 in that you're just running around hunting down and killing people.

It's like, "Yeah, that's because it's the theme the class is based on."

Deleted
    Have they added anything to the storylines since "classic"?
    I played a Warrior and a Bounty Hunter (and some other classis in lower levels). Many people here seme to like the Warrior story. But in my memory it was quite bad. Then again, that was 4 years ago...
    Recently started a Consular and am ~45 right now. It's quite okay. Nothing fabulous, bot not bad either.

Deleted
    I've recently completed all the stories, here are my thought (contains spoilers):

Sith Warrior:
    Dark Side: Fantastic conclusion to Chapter 1 where you twist a jedi to the dark side. Chapter 2 not so interesting. Chapter 3, especially Voss, Corellia and the conclusion, is one of the best chapters of all classes.
    Light Side: Conclusion to Chapter 1 isn't so interesting as in dark side, but throughout all the chapters you end up having dilemmas that really enhance the story. Light side is more about the journey than it is about the grand conclusions.

Imperial Agent:
    Dark Side: Manages to get you very involved in the story, but the ending to chapter 3 was a bit forgettable. Chapter 1+2 were interesting and enjoyed leveling it.

Sith Inquisitor:
    Dark Side: Chapter 1 is meh but has an interesting ending. Gets better throughout the story and Corellia storyline is amazing really. Played as female imperial zabrak and absolutely loved the ironic/sarcastic answers, the voice acting was really good.

Bounty Hunter:
    Money focused: Made all decisions that would give me extra money. It's a fun story to play but it's a shame you don't actually get more money from the bounties. All the chapters are interesting with fun choices.

Jedi Knight:
    Light Side: One of the best stories of the game, best described as KOTOR 3 if you played the original RPGs. You kill the Emperor which is a fitting end, having in mind how it evolves.

Jedi Consular:
    Light Side at first, Dark Side later, grey overall: You start as too much of a good guy and I found the first chapter to be very boring. It gets better, helped by the class (went Sage with Telekinetics, fast paced spec with lots of hard hitting instants). Has a nice twist in Corellia.

Trooper:
    Dark Side: Had to go dark side on this otherwise I wouldn't have finished it. I thought it was the worst story of all, too much "Sir, yes Sir!" for my taste.

Smuggler:
    Money, Light Side: All chapters are fun to play, I started with the same mindset as I had with the bounty hunter, but I started caring more about helping the Republic, which means the story is very well written, I usually despise how the Republic works in game.

Overall, I'd say:

Sith warrior > Imperial Agent = Consular = Knight > Bounty = Inquisitor = Smuggler >>>> Trooper.

As far as I'm aware the class stories are still the same as they were on launch, no changes.