10+ Year Old Account

Post Forum Platform and the Future of MMOC.

Years go past and MMO-C is still the same forum it was years ago. Will we ever see an upgrade? If it's matter of staff and talented developers/designers are an issue, why not ask the community for help? There are people of all sorts here that would be willing to help with what ever you need.

As can be seen from this thread, not much as has changed other than Soon™.

• The forum engagement could be so much better with Notification feature (as I and many others requested countless times).
    • Mobile version on most new forum platforms and default themes is included by default, saving you time to add whole lot of custom code to make it responsive.
    • Performance, Security and what not might be better as well (it seems fine now anyway so that's kind of irrelevant).

I am guess this is vBulletin or MyBB of some sort? Well Xenforo has taken over many forum platforms on the web (I used to hate it #phpBBfanboy).
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thre...nforo.2637721/

Personally I like Techspots (not to advertise) integration between reading their news articles and posting on their forums (which I never do, only comment on news Articles which are basically embedded threads in news format).

Oh and I know, if it's not broken and works just fine, then why change it? I guess making the forum better than ever before. A mixture of a modern functionality and the current theme (so that the familiarity remains) would be great. Certainly don't want to alienate the community if there was a change, but keep up to date with modern UI/UX practices would only benefit MMO-C.

... and yes, development takes time if you want it to be a smooth processes but it's not a difficult task (until you start adding too much functionality).

Inb4 this is closed and or forgotten again .

PS: I hope I am not beating a dead horse here, but change is good at times.

Thoughts/Ideas/Discuss?
    Last edited by Mister K; 2016-01-17 at 12:21 AM.
    -K