Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why can't people think for themselves?

I see a great many posts with person dissatisfied with whom/what/where or why they are?

Discuss....

Wat. This title and actual post doesn't seem to be consistent. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding this.

What has "thinking for yourself" got to do with this?

10+ Year Old Account
    As for the title, it doesn't really fit your question you wish to discuss, lest I be missing the point you're making and wanting to discuss said point. As for the question you want to discuss, people are just, well, strange - to say the least. Some people want to be things other than what they are for many reasons. They're not happy with a current situation in life, a job would be a good example here.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Cause people would rather be a sheep than a shepard.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    People arent meant to think for themselves all the time. We would be dumb as a rock if we didnt get insight. Insight gives us ideas, creativity and dream. Do you think 1 man thought..hmm imma make a car. Nope. He and others were thinking of ways to get around faster. Its a shame how War brings ideas!

Deleted
    I tried to think about it but it physically wasn't possible. Try to read some physics books if you can't figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Wat. This title and actual post doesn't seem to be consistent. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding this.

What has "thinking for yourself" got to do with this?
    Think for yourself, you sheeple!
    Come up with your own thoughts on what this thread is supposed to be about, gawd!

I don't know OP, what do you think about it?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhrim View Post
    I see a great many posts with person dissatisfied with whom/what/where or why they are?

Discuss....
    To answer your question, Yes, I am running for county dog catcher. I'm glad you approve of the color of my shoelace.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Think for yourself, you sheeple!
    Come up with your own thoughts on what this thread is supposed to be about, gawd!
    Exactly. Think for yourself sheeple. Come up with your own thoughts on what this thread is suppose to be about. Gee whiz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

It depends on what you are referring to. If it is about an ideology, that is just general human behavior. If you are talking about a characteristic of a person, then it is to show insight from that demographic.

The latter is pretty useful when people are saying "all of X demographic are blah blah"

I may be misunderstanding your topic, but it seems to be that is what you were aiming for here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone can think for themselves. The problem is, thinking for oneself assumes responsibility, and that is hard to take for many people. It is much easier to just follow someone's authority and take their opinion as their own: then, should your opinion be criticized by someone else, you can always refer to the mentioned authority in your defense, rather than having to defend your own point with your own reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Thread title implies poster is smarter than average human. Actual post refutes title. /thread

As a professor says, never create your own algorithm.

7+ Year Old Account
    People would rather follow a leader than form their own ideas.

Case in point: Donald Trump. Studies show voters with more authoritarian traits overwhelming supported him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I don't know OP, what do you think about it?
    I like your style. I don't understand the post/title combination either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    People would rather follow a leader than form their own ideas.

Case in point: Donald Trump. Studies show voters with more authoritarian traits overwhelming supported him.
    I don't think that has got a lot to do with anything. Unless you are prepared to have a referendum on everything or campaign all the time for your cause you want someone who represents your values with the leadership skills to carry it out. Trump currently represents that for a lot of people. Why in the fuck would you vote for a wet noodle who dreams like you do? Nothing would get done.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Deleted
    Once you realize that the majority of humans are sheep and idiots, things start to make sense.

Because thinking by ourselves gives responsibilities, which is scary for most. People in general prefer comfort to risk taking. (which could be understandable, in some way).
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2016-01-18 at 09:53 AM.

Some people are sheep...
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Cause people would rather be a sheep than a shepard.
    Pretty much this, I notice people are easily influenced by their surroundings and believe anything they read/see.
    Good thing Orson Welles isn't on the radio in today's time reading "War of the Worlds" it would spread like wildfire on social media.