[Legion Alpha] Enhancement Animation Showcase

Got asked a whole lot by people to show off the new animations for Enhancement as it's been a big thing for other classes, and some are pretty awesome and fancy, so here it is:

Overall, I like the new animations, especially the new windfury and crash lightning. Stormfury and Earthen spike look pretty bad though. LL's trail should be a lot more pronounced. Sundering needs to have the ground cracking animation from HOTS, it looks silly without that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like all of them except one. Sundering is craptacular.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    I like all of them except one. Sundering is craptacular.
    Based on people I speak to, it's easily the most divisive. Either people like it, or absolutely hate it

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Based on people I speak to, it's easily the most divisive. Either people like it, or absolutely hate it
    It would look decent, except when compared to the exact same spell in HotS, where it looks far better. That perspective is what I think is driving most of the negatives (including me). On the other hand, I don't plan on taking it, likely, because as melee I hate all the other classes with knock-them-out-of-melee abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most animations look boring to be honest. Small tiny trails are already in the game, i barely notice what ability is used. Overall it looks rough, there is room for improvements.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by eternityshard View Post
    It would look decent, except when compared to the exact same spell in HotS, where it looks far better. That perspective is what I think is driving most of the negatives (including me). On the other hand, I don't plan on taking it, likely, because as melee I hate all the other classes with knock-them-out-of-melee abilities.
    I really hope they remove that component of the spell or just make it a knock upward or just a knockdown instead.

Anyone have the orc animations for Enhance yet? (or are Orcs still being worked on?)

I have, and have always had, major issues with the "Attack pose" of Orcs and 2 1H weapons...its a cross between cutting your other arm off and stabbing your chest

Love the Troll pose, ok with the Tauren pose, HATE the Orc pose...Problem is I love playing orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    I mean, i think it needs more ommph, especially around the caster. It doesn't seem you are smashing the earth but caressing it.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Anyone have the orc animations for Enhance yet? (or are Orcs still being worked on?)

I have, and have always had, major issues with the "Attack pose" of Orcs and 2 1H weapons...its a cross between cutting your other arm off and stabbing your chest

Love the Troll pose, ok with the Tauren pose, HATE the Orc pose...Problem is I love playing orcs.
    I know dat feel bro. This is the reason why i always liked fist weapons for orc shamans. Sadly that they don't fall into the 1h category for transmogging.....
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Thanks Wordup;

Rockbiter one I think is the worse one, don't feel a melee attack at all;
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    Thanks Wordup;

Rockbiter one I think is the worse one, don't feel a melee attack at all;
    I dont think any of the elemental weapon attacks (RB, FT, WS, FB) are actually melee attacks. Theyre technically spells which explains the 10yrd range on them, they dont generate residual maelstrom on hit, and someone mentioned they currently cannot be used when you are silenced.

They also worked on sound effects (which for example makes the Warrior attacks seem even cooler) and therefore it would have been great if you would not have muted them.

Cheers for the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovyn View Post
    They also worked on sound effects (which for example makes the Warrior attacks seem even cooler) and therefore it would have been great if you would not have muted them.
    Admittedly that was my original intention but this was a bit of a learning experience, & it was a bit overshadowed by a lot of Orc grunting so you couldn't hear a lot over that, so I made the executive decision to take that out. Enhancement's sound has mostly stayed quite similar though, if I do other race animations with it I'll hopefully be able to put them in.