Page 1 of 52
... LastLast

Will we ever again have skimpy armor?

Its no secret that the skimpy armors are popular. Oddly enough you occasionally see complaints about how there are to many despite the fact there have been perhaps 2 or 3 skimpy armors added from wotlk and on (one in WoD: thunderlord). Despite this, those old vanilla skimpy armors are some of the most popular mogs, even if they are low rez.

Add that to the modern WoW were Sylvaanas has to wear more clothes because Metzan's daughter embarresed him, and the new Christmas outfits posted below, and I can't help but wonder: We will ever get skimpy armor again? Or going further, is the WoW dev team afraid of showing skin (since the other blizz games dont hesitate)?

World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I think,moving forward, that Blizzard will design with less sexualized designs of their characters and armor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Most Skimpy armor for males looks like shit

I like the new xmas outfits. shirt+pretty much no pants > no shirt.

Also, if you're crying so much over no skimpy armor, you must be on a dead-ass realm, because you clearly haven't seen a Druid for the past six months. Their 18 armor on female characters is literally a bikini top.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Yay, skin shaming and more irl subjects I play games to avoid are making their way into the games I play...

Censorship is getting stupid. Legs and stomachs are not private parts people.

Deleted
    Is that part on metzens daughter true oO?

to google!

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Is that part on metzens daughter true oO?

to google!
    Blizzz con quote

"We've heard our female employees," he said. "And my daughter tools me out about it. She saw a World of Warcraft cinematic of the Dragon Aspects, and my daughter was like, 'Why are they all in swimsuits?' And I was like, 'I don't know. I don't know anymore.'" - Chris Metzen"

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I like the new xmas outfits. shirt+pretty much no pants > no shirt.

Also, if you're crying so much over no skimpy armor, you must be on a dead-ass realm, because you clearly haven't seen a Druid for the past six months. Their 18 armor on female characters is literally a bikini top.
    what does the realm pop do with anything? im on a high pop realm and i dont know what druid T18 looks like on females because i dont play one, and you cant really see someone elses armor unless you examine them closely.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2016-01-20 at 03:40 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they will continue to be less skimpy, idk the reasoning, but they seem pretty contempt on it. Who dosent like seeing some sideboob or some booty every now and then?

I'm not against skimpy armor if it's cloth or leather, but there needs to be some realism. Armor that's skimpy on a female should be equally as skimpy for males is one of my complains about the whole thing as well as exposing vital parts of your body because why not. Irradiates me no no end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    I'm not against skimpy armor if it's cloth or leather, but there needs to be some realism. Armor that's skimpy on a female should be equally as skimpy for males is one of my complains about the whole thing as well as exposing vital parts of your body because why not. Irradiates me no no end.
    Agreed

That said, a large portion of the armors that cover everything in game, are impractical as hell and wouldn't work. Impractical is what wow is damn near built upon.

Oathclaw druid armor is somewhat skimpy. At least around the upper body (has full dress/skirt as part of the chestpiece).

EDIT: That's current tier, so they're still making some skimpy outfits.

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Blizzz con quote

"We've heard our female employees," he said. "And my daughter tools me out about it. She saw a World of Warcraft cinematic of the Dragon Aspects, and my daughter was like, 'Why are they all in swimsuits?' And I was like, 'I don't know. I don't know anymore.'" - Chris Metzen"
    Yeah found it too. Have a hard time believing the average female blizz employees has any real problems with skimpy armor. I imagine a lot of them are geeks and like cosplaying etc.

I'm not concerned if the female gear becomes more functional, really I don't care either way because I don't play a female toon and my sexuality isn't tied up in what a computer character wears. I do have my limits, no one is fooled by Teras Loli race. As an adult I feel pretty safe saying you shouldn't identify yourself as a 6yo girl in a bikini.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Agreed

That said, a large portion of the armors that cover everything in game, are impractical as hell and wouldn't work. Impractical is what wow is damn near built upon.
    Good thing hide shoulders is coming in soon.

Seriously though, I know WoW is pretty far away from realism already but still I'd rather someone be covered from head to toe in armor rather than wearing barely nothing and yet still take as many hits as the guy who falls on the other side of the spectrum. Just minor things like that make the cringe begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Oh gods the pain
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

7+ Year Old Account
    When the feminist phad fades I bet we will.
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

You guys...
    there is no feminist conspiracy here, unless they change the female models to have half the boob and ass size
    and make the dragon aspects wear pants

i can confidently say, there is no feminist conspiracy considering their lack of reach.

and anyways, its their game, if the devs are progressives and dont want females to look "sexy" in a game about fighting things thats their choice, there is always other, mmos that are basically walking boobs instead of real females or story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonsoul View Post
    When the feminist phad fades I bet we will.
    It really is one of the few points that feminists are right about. Equal representation would see men wearing the exact same thing, and the genre isn't just about what men want anymore. Plenty of geeky chicks in the world now.
    Last edited by TheDestinatus; 2016-01-20 at 03:37 AM.

Women ruin pretty much any hobby they touch. It is in their nature sadly.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-01-20 at 04:17 AM.