What works:

Jumping puzzles / complex zone design.
    Overall cooperation vibe in PvE
    Approach to instanced PvP

What doesn't:

Non-seamless open world.
    Lackluster combat in some situations.
    Somewhat pervasive cash shop.

Skill points found in obscure areas in the world. It's not perfect, but its a step in the right direction to give the incentive to explore and not just grind events. If they were put into more mini dungeons that would've been better.

Jumping puzzles. The Eternal Battleground was a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Meillquei View Post
    I love the character creation system of GW2 so much. The amount of detail that goes into character creation is just incredible.
    Three words: Black Desert Online.

Look up the standalone character creator that can be downloaded now. To call the amount of detail in it insane is an understatement. Now if only the game itself will feature that amount of detail...

Deleted
    According to me, the best combat of any mmo out there.
    Beautiful graphics.
    And asuras

Why I'm not playing it is for other reasons though :P

The way you're not punished for cooperation / helping random players.
    The skill system, where the first 5 buttons are weapon-based and you can only have 10 skills available at any time.
    PvP where fights aren't over in a few seconds; it's not uncommon for fights to last 30sec or more.
    The way you automatically scale down to the content's level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    If you find it incredible then try Blade & Soul. Your head will explode.
    Or aion...Or ffxiv or anything...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    The way you're not punished for cooperation / helping random players.
    The skill system, where the first 5 buttons are weapon-based and you can only have 10 skills available at any time.
    PvP where fights aren't over in a few seconds; it's not uncommon for fights to last 30sec or more.
    The way you automatically scale down to the content's level.
    My main issue with pvp is that bunkers take centuries to kill... if not unkillable at all, condi rev so fun C:
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Combat, the best IMO compared to other MMOs. Perfect mixture of tab target with enough skill shots and reliance on LoS with every ability. Oh and auto cleave for melee makes plenty of sense for me. Dodge mechanics is also a huge plus. PvP is something where I can easily tell a good player from a great one (smart use of dodges and CDs).

That and their inventory system. Love the entire bank designated for mats that is pre-organized. Gives crafting more complexity without the headaches. That and their wardrobe/transmog system is still the best. ANet knew how to handle many QoL features without oversimplifying the endgame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    Skill points found in obscure areas in the world. It's not perfect, but its a step in the right direction to give the incentive to explore and not just grind events. If they were put into more mini dungeons that would've been better.

Jumping puzzles. The Eternal Battleground was a great idea.
    I also liked the incentive to explore, but I do wish MMOs would keep the incentive to consistently revisit the areas. With GW2, once you have completed the area there is little reason to return unless you're doing dailies and guild missions.

World Completion in more ways than just uncovering the map and doing quests. Also, incentives that effect end game to do world completion.