Poll: Which spec will you mostly play?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    No I understand, the difference is though that we'll have this the entire expansion.

You forget mortal strike which also has the effect. And the other 1 min CD.

Corrupted Rage
    Shadow Strike
    Void Cleave
    Corrupted Blood

All either have or should have spell effects that are all shadow-e based on description.
    I'm not actually sure Corrupted Blood is Shadow damage. It has shadow in the description but I'm fairly certain it just mirrors whatever damage was done without any type. I'm also not sure if it has an animation or not, but I kind of doubt it, since it already piggybacks off of Recklessness.

I did forget about Shadow Strike, so I'll give you that one, but only because it's easily forgettable. It does next to no damage and has a horrible proc rate (10-20% off MS). It also has no animation as far as I've seen, or it's so small it's not noticeable.

Ultimately I can't solve the problem for you. I really don't think it's that big of a deal considering all the random shit we do in this game. We've got bipedal, talking goats, potions that make us breath dragon fire, weapons that resemble hentai tentacle rape fantasies, and we literally jump to and from the afterlife whenever we please.

My point was only that we aren't shadow powered, the weapon is. Considering half the weapons in the game have some kind of magical effect on them, I don't see it as a big deal, but if you do, there's always tmorph.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I'm not actually sure Corrupted Blood is Shadow damage. It has shadow in the description but I'm fairly certain it just mirrors whatever damage was done without any type. I'm also not sure if it has an animation or not, but I kind of doubt it, since it already piggybacks off of Recklessness.

I did forget about Shadow Strike, so I'll give you that one, but only because it's easily forgettable. It does next to no damage and has a horrible proc rate (10-20% off MS). It also has no animation as far as I've seen, or it's so small it's not noticeable.

Ultimately I can't solve the problem for you. I really don't think it's that big of a deal considering all the random shit we do in this game. We've got bipedal, talking goats, potions that make us breath dragon fire, weapons that resemble hentai tentacle rape fantasies, and we literally jump to and from the afterlife whenever we please.

My point was only that we aren't shadow powered, the weapon is. Considering half the weapons in the game have some kind of magical effect on them, I don't see it as a big deal, but if you do, there's always tmorph.
    Transmog wont remove spell effects

And the shadow strike puts shoots a purple circle underneath who you're fighting.

Like I said, minor to some, not to me. I like warrior due to the distinct lack of spell effects. Now the only working spec is loaded with them.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

And the shadow strike puts shoots a purple circle underneath who you're fighting.

Like I said, minor to some, not to me. I like warrior due to the distinct lack of spell effects. Now the only working spec is loaded with them.
    I didn't say transmog did I?

I didn't say transmog did I?
    My bad, I am unaware what tmorph is, assumed it was some weird way of saying mogging.

Either way, for me it enters the realm of give and take. There's no way to make every player completely happy with everything. I really don't like the Arms sword models, but I'm not about to go on a campaign about it because I care much more about the state of the spec/rotation, and ultimately the visual is going to be very minor to me, even if I couldn't change it. There's also bound to be just as many players that do like it as don't, as we've seen with the class hall. To be honest, I don't even care much for the shadow theme; I think it would have been really cool if they'd made Warriors attached to Black Dragons/Deathwing/Wrathion, but this just seems tacked on and pointless. Still, it's so low on my list of priorities, I couldn't begin to care.

Then again, everyone has their own priorities.

Either way, for me it enters the realm of give and take. There's no way to make every player completely happy with everything. I really don't like the Arms sword models, but I'm not about to go on a campaign about it because I care much more about the state of the spec/rotation, and ultimately the visual is going to be very minor to me, even if I couldn't change it. There's also bound to be just as many players that do like it as don't, as we've seen with the class hall. To be honest, I don't even care much for the shadow theme; I think it would have been really cool if they'd made Warriors attached to Black Dragons/Deathwing/Wrathion, but this just seems tacked on and pointless. Still, it's so low on my list of priorities, I couldn't begin to care.

Then again, everyone has their own priorities.
    I'm kinda /fingers crossed that changing our weapons model changes the effect a bit. I mean we know for now that the monk staff for instance changes some effects based on what model is chosen. For all we know if you pick, say the fire themed model you'll have flame effects, or if you go with the lightning theme it'll be lightning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been a sucker for Arms, but as a progression raider I play whatever's the best for certain situations.
    Given that scenario, I'm curious about how they'll handle artifacts, spec balance and the inevitable spec changing.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

Quote Originally Posted by Fog View Post
    I've always been a sucker for Arms, but as a progression raider I play whatever's the best for certain situations.
    Given that scenario, I'm curious about how they'll handle artifacts, spec balance and the inevitable spec changing.
    You can apparently get these tomes that increase artifacat power gain. Unlocking them likely based around the status of your highest artifact.

So the general idea will likely be "max out one, then go for the other"

You can apparently get these tomes that increase artifacat power gain. Unlocking them likely based around the status of your highest artifact.

So the general idea will likely be "max out one, then go for the other"
    This. The general idea is that you can level them concurrently, but it will probably be better to focus on one. It really comes down to how they institute power gating (weekly cap, item application cap, etc), and whether or not it applies to both specs artifacts individually or combined.

I think they're trying to put emphasis on specs rather than class though, so I wouldn't be surprised if the intent is to focus on one at a time rather than both separately.

Deleted

This logic is so confusing. It's clearly the weapon causing the effects, and Warriors are ALL ABOUT weapons.

Do you hate the new whirlwind? Do you want the trailing removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderson View Post
    This logic is so confusing. It's clearly the weapon causing the effects, and Warriors are ALL ABOUT weapons.

Do you hate the new whirlwind? Do you want the trailing removed?
    And for DK their magic is all based in their weapons to, or at least the vast majority of it.

Does that make DK warriors?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting to note how low those tanking numbers are. Less than a fifth of warriors who've voted would play Protection and, even if the undecided were all added to it, there'd still be more playing a broken version of Fury.

Not many votes, tiny corner of the Internet, but still; the numbers look bleak for tanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, tank is the most niche out of all the specs, I wouldn't expect results much different for any of the other tanking specs, and slightly worse if not the same for any of the healing specs.

Deleted
    It's pretty risky from a development point of view to not be able to level all 3 artifacts at the same speed regardless. Blizzard are notoriously bad at balancing specs between each tier. Warriors are luckier than some since we only have 2 DPS specs but I cannot imagine the uproar from Mages, Locks, Hunters and Rogues when their no.1 spec becomes the worst and the worst becomes the best in the space of a 2 week tier change :/

Deleted
    Well it's pretty tough on the healer if I tank in fury or arms spec so it prot for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Been fury since the start of WoD, probably staying fury, even if I don't like our artifact.

Deleted
    Always liked arms the most, and the changes makes it sound even better. But I also like the changes coming to fury- they also looks like a lot of fun (streams from the alpha). I have always had Prot as offspec to tank some dungeons from time to time, but I will never make it my main spec. Also with the artifacts I doubt I will have to time to level my offspec artifact, since I'm working full time and being married and also got my two kids that I spend alot of time with. But... Guess someone like me can't get it all