Thread: The Division

Page 3 of 212 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Too early to say based just off pre-beta trailers, especially for a game from Ubisoft (and a delayed one at that). People that did get the chance to play it early pre-beta also raised some concerns as well.

It looks cool though, we'll just have to see once beta goes live and we really get to dig into it. The combat was raised to be a possible problem area in early reports so that will be the first to check out. After that, seeing if it has a leveling/grinding/unlock/talent tree system that's engaging and up to par would be the next to look at. I do hope it's good, I just think there are enough ?'s to wait a bit longer before getting too excited or pre-ordering.

You make no sense whatsoever. Hypocrite much? Witcher 3's downgrade was ok, but The Division's isn't? LOL! How is that any fucking different?
    Because The Witcher 3 was still the best looking game on the market even AFTER the downgrade.

That and mods.

You've either been living under a rock the past 10 years or are simply hating on this game because of some personal vendetta. Either way, it makes you look extremely naive and ignorant.
    Your argument is that '' well everyone does this obviously bad thing that breaches the customer's trust so it's okay for those guys to do it too '' and then you have the nerve to call -ME- naive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    You make no sense whatsoever. Hypocrite much? Witcher 3's downgrade was ok, but The Division's isn't? LOL! How is that any fucking different? And you KEEP ignoring the fact that I said the PC version of TD is suppose to be close to E3 footage (people who have actually SEEN it and PLAYED it are saying this)....at least a lot closer than the console versions are.

Sorry, but I can't take you seriously anymore if you are pissed off that the footage they showed at E3 two years ago (which was OBVIOUSLY a vertical slice of the game running on a high end rig) doesn't look the same as it does now on CONSOLES (THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED WITH THE WITCHER 3 AT E3 BUT YET THAT'S OK RIGHT!?). Especially the XBO. You've either been living under a rock the past 10 years or are simply hating on this game because of some personal vendetta. Either way, it makes you look extremely naive and ignorant.
    You're arguing with a wall that other walls consider too wall-ish.

As for the game I definitely won't be jumping in at launch but still think it has potential, if it was anyone but Ubisoft I might be mildly hyped as there are some great core ideas. Graphics wise it's not the best looking game ever but it doesn't need to be, other things like actual gameplay that matters will make or break it.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Because The Witcher 3 was still the best looking game on the market even AFTER the downgrade.

That and mods.

Your argument is that '' well everyone does this obviously bad thing that breaches the customer's trust so it's okay for those guys to do it too '' and then you have the nerve to call -ME- naive?
    You completely contradict yourself. It's ok for Developer A to do this but not Developer B. Why? Because I said so that's why. Yeah, ok. Whatever.

And it's not a breach in trust. You know why? Because they show all those videos with the "This game is a work in progress and may not represent the final product." Just because you're to ignorant to realize that things can and probably will change over the course of two years of development (especially when going from PC to consoles) just goes to show who the naive one really is.

You aren't even worth the time anymore. Please go crawl back under the rock you came from and leave video games to the rest of us that actually have a little bit of common sense.

/ignored
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-01-25 at 08:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Downgrade isn't enough reason to not give the game a go. It's annoying when companies do it, but it doesn't stop a game being good.

If the game has good playability and plenty of content, the downgrade will be forgotten about. If the game doesn't have that, the downgrade will be overshadowed by more important complaints.

I'm expecting the beta (and launch) to be a buggy mess, but looking forward to it none the less.

I expect it to be a pretty good coop game.

You completely contradict yourself. It's ok for Developer A to do this but not Developer B. Why? Because I said so that's why. Yeah, ok. Whatever
    Nice strawmanning. I said I TOLERATED CDPR doing it because even with the downgrade Witcher 3 was still the best looking game on the market.

The Division is not.

Downgrade isn't enough reason to not give the game a go.
    Well it's also made by Ubisoft.

That and mods.

Thats not quite true. While Witcher 3 is amazing looking its graphic level isn't near what The Order 1886 was. The detail in that game is much higher but it did come at the cost of being a game.

But Zephyr's point still stands. You can't say X is ok but Y isn't when both do the same dam thing. Also like Zephyr said the PC version "The one I assume you will be getting" is 90% as good looking as it was at E3 a couple years ago.

So I don't really see the point of your bitching. It isn't all about grahpics and no matter how awesome the graphics are (The Order 1886) it can't carry a game. Its Ubisofts game get over it really. By now if you haven't learned company's do this then your in the wrong hobby. Do I think its shady....yep doesn't change the fact it happens and isn't going to change anytime soon. It was pulled with Watch_Dogs as well and I bet within a month Modders will unlock the E3 graphics.

Ontopic: Its going to be destiny but not ScFy so people need to make sure not to get there hopes too high. I am interested and good chance ill have it day 1.

Edit: To add to my reply above Crysis 3 is still one of the best if not best looking games on the market as well. Witcher 3 is awesome looking but it isn't the best.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-01-25 at 01:45 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Leveling. World instanced for each character or group of characters, ala Guild Wars 1. You won't meet people who are not part of your group, in the world.

PVP. Huge wpvp zone ala Cyrodiil in Elder Scrolls Online. However, anyone can gank anyone and loot their stuff. Also dying in this pvp zone comes with an XP loss. Expect to die over and over and lose your stuff to geared 12 years olds often traveling in packs like hyenas.

Sorry, the pvp part is a douchebagfest similar to f2p games with no end-game content like Archeage or Eve. If you're into that sort of thing or you're just one of those 12 years old trolls, then by all means, enjoy The Division.

I won't be caught dead playing this game.

Deleted
    I guess it will be fun for the first 10 or 15 hours, more or less depending on long it takes to complete the main story, but then it will probably get pretty stale. Recently, a lot of screenshots have been leaked and if those all were really taken on Ultra, the game looks extremely bland for a game coming out in 2016 (I'm talking about the PC version). If it is any good, I'll wait for a GOTY edition and grab the base game with all DLC for 30 EUR at most.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only reservation with this game is the end game. I hope theres more to do than the dark zone. Not a fan of PvP in my PvE so will likely avoid that place .

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    My only reservation with this game is the end game. I hope theres more to do than the dark zone. Not a fan of PvP in my PvE so will likely avoid that place .
    It's the one thing they haven't really talked about. I guess there was an interview a couple years ago where they said there was going to be multi-group content and content with at least 8 players. I don't think it's really ever been talked about beyond that, so I wouldn't expect it. The only thing I've heard is about 3 person groups.

I'm expecting it to be like Destiny I guess. The map on The Division is basically orbit. You fast travel with it, pick your missions, the lvl of it, and matchmaking if you need to, but they were able to do it all without loading screens apparently. Now I'm assuming when you hit max level the map is basically going to be like Destinys orbit again, where now you can play everything you just played, but tuned for your level or harder. I might have seen this in a video for another game, but I thought I saw something about dailies too. I haven't actually played so I could be all wrong about this, but from what I've picked up in the videos I've watched it seems like end game pve is gonna be a lot like Destinys (without raids?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping there is more end game than the dark zone also, BUT as someone who has played DayZ a long ass time, kind of excited for it too. Just lay in wait then ambush people :3
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Arkon View Post
    Leveling. World instanced for each character or group of characters, ala Guild Wars 1. You won't meet people who are not part of your group, in the world.

PVP. Huge wpvp zone ala Cyrodiil in Elder Scrolls Online. However, anyone can gank anyone and loot their stuff. Also dying in this pvp zone comes with an XP loss. Expect to die over and over and lose your stuff to geared 12 years olds often traveling in packs like hyenas.

Sorry, the pvp part is a douchebagfest similar to f2p games with no end-game content like Archeage or Eve. If you're into that sort of thing or you're just one of those 12 years old trolls, then by all means, enjoy The Division.

Ugh, that's just terrible. Game looked so promising when first introduced, but I bet it'll end up being a massive disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know Ubishit has a bad record, but they are just publishing this right? It was made by Massive Entertainment, the people who made World in Conflict... Which was a fucking great game...

As far as the end game, it sounds like a simplified version of Diablo 3 with various systems similar to other games. They have stated loot is randomized, like random items, random stats on the items, etc. There are three primary stats, weapon skill (which increases your weapon damage), electronics (which increases the effectiveness of skills), and stamina which increases health.

They have stated that items with increased rarity will have a wider selection of stats, with orange items having the best selection. They stated that starting with blue items, gear will start to have additional skills on them akin to the likes of legendary weapons in Fallout 4... Like little added bonuses built into the weapon (like healing when you kill an enemy, increased critical hit damage, cool down reduction, etc). They have said that those bonuses will require specific stats... So like the critical hit damage skill, for example, for that to function you would need a certain amount of weapon skill stat...

They have said that certain gear slots have specific functions... Like chest pieces relate to defensive stats, knee pads relate to survival stats, backpacks have skills, masks deal with contamination, weapons have skills, etc... There are also vanity item slots.

I say simplified Diablo 3 because it is basically the same style, rng loot, rng stats on the loot, etc... There is just a lot less variation/slots to fill, at least it seems that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Arkon View Post

You kind of just come off as a crybaby making statements like this. Also from I have seen you get punished for randomly killing people in the pvp zones by getting a bounty put on you where you end up being a global target and everyone starts coming for you.

You also have never played Eve if you think it's f2p which makes more sense in regards to your whine post.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I preordered it so yeah I plan on checking out the beta at least I can cancel if it's bad. I also get $20 off from having Amazon Prime so... Yeah for$40 I will check it out.
    shit really...gotta go pre-order/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I know Ubishit has a bad record, but they are just publishing this right? It was made by Massive Entertainment, the people who made World in Conflict... Which was a fucking great game...

As far as the end game, it sounds like a simplified version of Diablo 3 with various systems similar to other games. They have stated loot is randomized, like random items, random stats on the items, etc. There are three primary stats, weapon skill (which increases your weapon damage), electronics (which increases the effectiveness of skills), and stamina which increases health.

They have stated that items with increased rarity will have a wider selection of stats, with orange items having the best selection. They stated that starting with blue items, gear will start to have additional skills on them akin to the likes of legendary weapons in Fallout 4... Like little added bonuses built into the weapon (like healing when you kill an enemy, increased critical hit damage, cool down reduction, etc). They have said that those bonuses will require specific stats... So like the critical hit damage skill, for example, for that to function you would need a certain amount of weapon skill stat...

They have said that certain gear slots have specific functions... Like chest pieces relate to defensive stats, knee pads relate to survival stats, backpacks have skills, masks deal with contamination, weapons have skills, etc... There are also vanity item slots.

I say simplified Diablo 3 because it is basically the same style, rng loot, rng stats on the loot, etc... There is just a lot less variation/slots to fill, at least it seems that way...
    I'm actually glad to hear this, hopefully it plays as good as it sounds in my head from reading this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... it's not even an MMO?

But Zephyr's point still stands. You can't say X is ok but Y isn't when both do the same dam thing.
    Yes, I fucking can. If my 300 km/h car only runs at 280km/h that's still fucking good. If my 100 km/h car only runs at 80 km/h then that's a bigger problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... it's not even an MMO?
    single-player/co-op story with a multiplayer/pvp zone. Main reason I'm excited for this (and Ghost Recon:Wildlands) because they're more co-op focused.