Homeworld : Deserts of Kharak

I'm halfway there in the campaign, and honestly, it's a great game if you liked Homeworlds.

-the unique art direction is there
    -the gameplay is very like Homeworld, and you will feel immediately at Home (ah ah ah)

There are annoyances, however
    -No autocollect and automatic mission end. This is coupled with the existence of a ''rare'' ressources and artifacts that have to be collected to improve the ship (IE, you have to hunt every single thingy before completing the mission, which manage to be more annoying than Homeworld One ''painfully slow collect'')
    -Heavy rely on mission triggers (cue to the trademark ''must destroy that ship that is not spawning...'')
    -Don't even bother with lower difficulties

As I paid for remastered and got a sizable rebate on STEAM, I find the game worth his money-but that point is going to be discutable for people that don't like Homeworld, because it's a bit barebone ATM.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-01-22 at 02:36 AM.

The campaign does seem solid.

I agree about the resourcing I was expecting a more home world 2 solution as I am now having to harvest everything I can prior to the mission end.

I think I got remastered included on the steam bundled so I probably have a free copy that I can give away

As in Homeworld, keeping your fleet up between missions make matters much easier. Example, you get early on two bombers, that are not replacable till two three missions latter but that make mincemeat of ennemy units concentrations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The campaign does seem solid.

I agree about the resourcing I was expecting a more home world 2 solution as I am now having to harvest everything I can prior to the mission end.

I think I got remastered included on the steam bundled so I probably have a free copy that I can give away
    You don't get the extra copy, it just gets eaten if you already own it. Honestly I would have preferred a tradeable copy of HW:R instead of the $10.