Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heelflip View Post
    Arent you guys having any trouble to heal timewalking or dungeons in general?

I have a full hfc heroic shaman and leveld a shaman in another realm to play with my old guildmates, and ffs i was lvl 60 when the pre patch was on live, and jesus what they ve done with the tank healing, didnt you guys had any trouble to heal tanks without mastery earth shield and unleash life?

Jesus, even after lvl 100 with all talents undulation and everything on my shaman that doesnt have a huge mastery stack i am having trouble to heal any tank in any encounter.

I really think they should give us earth shield back or implemented the healing surge /wave HST PvP buff for pve too.
    I'll be honest, I only had one tank who I noticed a problem on. I'm pretty sure he was still learning his new changes, though.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Having to make a really really hard decision. At the moment, our heal roster for Legion has Holy priest, a Disc (hes an on/off player), a MW...and then whatever I choose. I was going to go Druid, but Im finding that I'm not comfortable healing 20m as a druid... Im having a hard time not rejuve spamming the raid like I did in 10man days. I think perhaps shaman will be better for a larger group for the play-style I'm used to (which is pre-7.0 MW)

Ive asked druid forum this as well, but I'd like to hear shaman thoughts too.... if there is only 1 druid or 1 shaman in our roster, which would be better for the raid progressive wise? I'd assume shaman due to the more CDs and mastery and what-have-you... but I do know druid is versatile as heck.

Deleted
    Recruit another healer (Paladin or Druid) and play Shaman. 4healing with a Disc does not seem like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    Recruit another healer (Paladin or Druid) and play Shaman. 4healing with a Disc does not seem like a good idea.
    I didnt mention our 5th because I'm not 100% sure what he is gonna play, but I am 90% sure he will go Hpal, which is why I assume its either druid or shaman.
    I did convince our MW to go Druid if I go Shaman, due to the fact that I think Druid will be better for the roster vs a MW. Also, gimme dat innervate.

Quote Originally Posted by Grovewalker View Post
    I didnt mention our 5th because I'm not 100% sure what he is gonna play, but I am 90% sure he will go Hpal, which is why I assume its either druid or shaman.
    I did convince our MW to go Druid if I go Shaman, due to the fact that I think Druid will be better for the roster vs a MW. Also, gimme dat innervate.
    Team dark blue!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    I've seen some extremely well played disc priests. I'm happy that one of our healers will be disc, it looks like it'll have an interesting feel to heal with. Especially when there starts being more gear and we would normally sit one for a dps/have them switch specs.

Retired Shaman

This forum needs more activity... Cmon beta peeps, give us more info! Also, mods, can we have a sticky for Resto Shaman in 7.0.3 like the holy priests have?

Quote Originally Posted by Menards View Post
    This forum needs more activity... Cmon beta peeps, give us more info! Also, mods, can we have a sticky for Resto Shaman in 7.0.3 like the holy priests have?
    Not a whole lot more to report than what's been told. All in all we haven't changed a whole lot from WoD, so it's not like the other specs that are still getting massive tuning done still.

I think the biggest thing here that changed from WoD is that without spirit there should never come a time when we're hitting only or mostly Chain heal, our mana won't sustain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirhark View Post
    Not a whole lot more to report than what's been told. All in all we haven't changed a whole lot from WoD, so it's not like the other specs that are still getting massive tuning done still.

I think the biggest thing here that changed from WoD is that without spirit there should never come a time when we're hitting only or mostly Chain heal, our mana won't sustain it.
    Just have to make sure you take into account fight length, mana regen mechanics. If there is a regen mechanic on the fight or if it only lasts around 5 minutes, you can definitely get away with chain heal spam. This is probably 1/2 the fights on beta at least.

I assume you don't want to waste the Tidal Waves procs from only Chain Heal spamming, anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, does anyone have any weakauras they would like to share? I lost all of mine when I had to reinstall (I forgot to save my folders blah) and I don't feel like remaking them again. I'd love you forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quick question for those in beta or those or follow along closer to patch notes than I do: did they change the materials needed for the Ma'haat the Indomitable quests?

When I did it on beta a couple months ago, it required 20 Infernal Brimstones.
    Wowhead shows it that same way.
    Wowdb shows it requiring 10 Blood of Sargeras now instead.

Retired Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    Quick question for those in beta or those or follow along closer to patch notes than I do: did they change the materials needed for the Ma'haat the Indomitable quests?

When I did it on beta a couple months ago, it required 20 Infernal Brimstones.
    Wowhead shows it that same way.
    Wowdb shows it requiring 10 Blood of Sargeras now instead.
    Did the quest 2 weeks ago on my shaman and it required 10 Bloods of Sargeras.

Something else I'm curious on, what legendary pieces are you most wanting? I personally am a fan of the 20% longer duration totems, and the heal wave/surge stacking buff to CH. After that, the 10% healing to HR allies..The ones that seem mana efficient are also nice too. I just want them all. And to wear them all. At the same time. kthnx.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundarch View Post
    Did the quest 2 weeks ago on my shaman and it required 10 Bloods of Sargeras.
    Thank you

Retired Shaman

I'm crossing my fingers for Praetorian Tidecallers simply because they look like the most versatile, regardless of playstyle. Especially seeing how I'm likely going to run AG/CBT/WS often and won't be able to quickly spot heal with TW charges efficiently, or generate them with Echo Riptides, I won't be able to take full advantage of Jonat/Nobundo legendaries.

Would love to hear from other testers who have had a chance to try them out. In particular, if Jonat is as powerful as it looks on paper. I'd imagine even buffing CHs by 20-60% instead of the full 100% each time would still be quite powerful?

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    I'm crossing my fingers for Praetorian Tidecallers simply because they look like the most versatile, regardless of playstyle. Especially seeing how I'm likely going to run AG/CBT/WS often and won't be able to quickly spot heal with TW charges efficiently, or generate them with Echo Riptides, I won't be able to take full advantage of Jonat/Nobundo legendaries.

Would love to hear from other testers who have had a chance to try them out. In particular, if Jonat is as powerful as it looks on paper. I'd imagine even buffing CHs by 20-60% instead of the full 100% each time would still be quite powerful?
    Its very good for raiding for sure, casting a few healing waves and then having your chain heal buffed even by a 60% is very nice. Probably not so effective for dungeon since your not really using chain heal that much.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post

Agreed on the Tidecallers' versatility. I'm still not sure how I feel about Wellspring vs having Chain Heal being stronger all around (especially if you end up with Jonat), but I guess we will get that figured out when things are actually live.

I did some testing with Ancestral Vigor on live today and was quite underwhelmed. Obviously, there are cases where 10% more max HP on a topped off target is needed for some mechanic, but otherwise it feels like a wasted point. In addition, when you don't top them off it behaves in a somewhat counter intuitive way:

If you heal a target who does not have the buff, it increases their max HP by 10% and applies a % of that added health equal to the % of their total health you healed to your healing spell.

To make this clear: if you healed a target without Ancestral Vigor on them for 50% of their health, they would get another 5% of their max health added to the heal for "free". The best way to think of this is that Ancestral Vigor rescales the targets health from 100% -> 110%, and the incoming heal is scaled accordingly. After doing some quick calculations on my last few parses, it was clear that even if I ONLY healed targets without vigor (a pretty bad idea) it scales to something like .7% overall healing.

In exchange for this incredibly tiny overall healing increase, I give up pro-active ankh (which also has the 10% hp buff on in btw) or EST, which actually prevents some damage.

Unless there is a mechanic you NEED 10% max hp to survive (a big slam on an undergeared tank for instance), I'd stay away from AV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcelMauss View Post
    I did some testing with Ancestral Vigor on live today and was quite underwhelmed. Obviously, there are cases where 10% more max HP on a topped off target is needed for some mechanic, but otherwise it feels like a wasted point. In addition, when you don't top them off it behaves in a somewhat counter intuitive way:

If you heal a target who does not have the buff, it increases their max HP by 10% and applies a % of that added health equal to the % of their total health you healed to your healing spell.

To make this clear: if you healed a target without Ancestral Vigor on them for 50% of their health, they would get another 5% of their max health added to the heal for "free". The best way to think of this is that Ancestral Vigor rescales the targets health from 100% -> 110%, and the incoming heal is scaled accordingly. After doing some quick calculations on my last few parses, it was clear that even if I ONLY healed targets without vigor (a pretty bad idea) it scales to something like .7% overall healing.

In exchange for this incredibly tiny overall healing increase, I give up pro-active ankh (which also has the 10% hp buff on in btw) or EST, which actually prevents some damage.

Unless there is a mechanic you NEED 10% max hp to survive (a big slam on an undergeared tank for instance), I'd stay away from AV.
    Exactly, it's got nothing to do with more hps, it's to create a buffer for undergearing content.

I main Enhance but am Resto often. I too have found myself struggling with Timewalking dungeons. I think its because I'm spamming flash heal a lot and dont have Unleash anymore to buff it to keep the tank topped up. Raids are the opposite. I seem a lot more mana efficient spamming Riptides around and Chain heals.

I've found the talent that buffs Riptide's initial heal to be very strong so far.