Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just found out that the PC and Switch version of Trails From Zero will feature Graphical and QoL improvements that will not be present on the PS4 version.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/...88019335519328

https://store.steampowered.com/news/...61328894182485

So if you are planning to get the PS4 version, it might be worth reconsidering.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Just found out that the PC and Switch version of Trails From Zero will feature Graphical and QoL improvements that will not be present on the PS4 version.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/...88019335519328

https://store.steampowered.com/news/...61328894182485

So if you are planning to get the PS4 version, it might be worth reconsidering.
    Same for Azure when that comes out next year as well. Just the crappy PS4 ports Falcom funded for Japan years ago where as the Switch and PC ports where funded by NISA and done by Durante's port house.

Not exactly sure if it's just NISA saving a buck or if Falcom won't let them make new PS4 ports but either way it's just another thing to show how horribly this series is managed.

Didn't realize Zero released already. Going to have to buy that soon. Although on Steam you can only get the bundle which comes with the art book and soundtrack which I don't particularly care about but apparently that's the only option.

Signature Created by Jassinta

I just picked up that Zero anthology and Cold Steel 4. Haven't installed either yet. Still working through Troubleshooter and Immortal Realms.

But I am looking forward to starting this series up again.

And done So begins the wait for Ao... Won't be as bad as the wait for SC, at least!

I'm almost tempted to commit to a Sky/Zero 100% run before Ao lands, but it's such a huge timesink given how many missables the games have.

Just noticed Zero is turn based. That's going to be a real change for me from all the others. Not really a fan of turn based.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Just noticed Zero is turn based. That's going to be a real change for me from all the others. Not really a fan of turn based.
    What, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What, lol.
    Yeah, it's listed as turn-based as the tags and you can see that in the images. It's so weird to me that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Yeah, it's listed as turn-based as the tags and you can see that in the images. It's so weird to me that it is.
    No I think you're confused because the entire series prior to the most recent arc which only exists in asian regions are very much turn based, and even the new arc is kind of turn based still depending on how you want to play it.

Are you confusing trails with tales?

No I think you're confused because the entire series prior to the most recent arc which only exists in asian regions are very much turn based, and even the new arc is kind of turn based still depending on how you want to play it.

Are you confusing trails with tales?
    Dang, you're right. I totally didn't remember them being turn based even though I just beat CS4 last August. Wow, I am out of it.

Not keen on the series selling out for action combat with the Kuro games. Maybe we will get a return to form but I doubt it. At this point there are no high production value turn based JRPGs left.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Not keen on the series selling out for action combat with the Kuro games. Maybe we will get a return to form but I doubt it. At this point there are no high production value turn based JRPGs left.
    ummmm Persona is higher production value than any non FF JRPG and miles ahead of any falcom game. SMTV also isn't far behind in that regard either. Dragon Quest XI would be somewhere in the middle between Persona 5 and SMTV also high production value turn based.

Not sure what you're smoking dude. Like I get you live in the past and might still think of Persona and SMT as niche low budget franchises but it's clearly not the case after Persona 5 and SMTV. Xenoblade is close to on par with Persona in that regard and Tales is ahead of SMT but not quite close to the others otherwise it's just really niche ass low budget JRPGs that are action based outside ofc of FF. Square also counters FF being mostly action now by releasing a ton of lower budget turn based stuff.

Also I didn't mention it because it has shit production values thanks to game freak being trash but the highest selling JRPG is ofc also turn based.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-10-03 at 03:46 AM.

I'll always say Pokemon is a turn based RPG. Even if people want to put it in its own genre, it's still a JRPG at its core.

Also I didn't mention it because it has shit production values thanks to game freak being trash but the highest selling JRPG is ofc also turn based.
    Oh, beaten to it After skimming your post I thought you meant Persona is freak trash! Some might argue you'd not be wrong

There's no high production action rpgs either. They're all crap (from combat pov). They lack so much depth and it's extremely boring. Since this is trails thread, I'll use ys 8 as an example. By like the 4th boss I just got really bored, it was the same crap as the 1st boss, literally nothing different at all. It revolves around getting perfect blocks or dodges which is cool and all when you first start out but then it just gets really old. Thankfully ys 8 had a really cool story so that kept me interested.

I really want them to go back to old ys style where it was more about using the environment.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2022-10-04 at 04:03 PM.

When I have a JRPG craving, I'm currently replaying the very first. The amount of time spent on dialogue strikes me as impressive. Comparable to seeing an animation.
    Last edited by jesekal73; 2022-10-10 at 06:18 PM. Reason: update comment

North Ambria War anime coming next month in January.

I don't watch a lot of Anime but that trailer piques my interest as I enjoyed this game series.

North Ambria War anime coming next month in January.
    I don't recognize like 90% of the characters in here....are they people we haven't seen before?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    I don't recognize like 90% of the characters in here....are they people we haven't seen before?
    Yes, this is an anime original story set in between Cold Steel 2 and 3. It's about the Empire's annexation of North Ambria in the November 1205. It's set from the perspective of the North Ambrians and the Northern Jaegers. Since these are anime original characters, hopefully most of them die (decent chance of that happening given that the war ends with a massacre in the capital city of Haliask).

Hajimari no Kiseki/Trails into Reverie coming in English on July 7th, 2023.