Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    source?
    Their facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Their facebook.
    yea i found it. was going to delete that lol.

All 'Trails games are on sale on Steam!

Trails in the Sky: First Chapter
    This is the first game of the Falcom's LoH series, and the first part of the TitS trilogy. It follows the happy-go-lucky young woman Estelle Bright, and her brother Joshua, as they become Bracers (the adventurers/witchers of this world) while searching for their father. These games have a classic adventure/coming-of-age feel, whilist being a masterclass in execution. The tone is very reminiscent of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It took me fifty hours to play through this game, and I was just focusing on the story! It goes without saying, that newcomers should start here. However, if you are off put by how old this game is, please look below to Trails of Cold Steel.

Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter
    This is the second part of the TitS trilogy. As it is a direct continuation of the first game's story. Do not start here!

Trails in the Sky: Third Chapter
    This is the third and final chapter of the TitS trilogy. While the story is mostly unconnected with the first, the emotional impact (why you should care about the characters and their struggles) of this story falls flat without the first two games. Take note: this game is structured more like the The Lord of the Ring's appendices and is an extended epilogue for the TitS trilogy, while also setting up the Crosbell arc (Which is not legally available in the West yet) and the ToCS arc (see below).

Trails of Cold Steel
    This is the first installment of the Empire arc (ToCS quadrilogy), which is a sequel to the first arc of the LoH series, the Liberl arc (the TitS trilogy). However, do not assume that you have to have played TitS before you start this one; Trails of Cold Steel is a perfect jumping on point. If you are off put by the 2004 TitS games or just want to experience the unique features of ToCS, then by all means begin here! This game follows the young man Rean Schwarzer, who leaves his home to attend a military academy in the militaristic Erebonian Empire, which is on the brink of a revolution. While this game may appear to be anime highschool cliches on the surface, do not be deceived: it actually more akin to a drama as it deals with the internal struggles of a nation in the midst of upheaval, from the perceptive of the youths who will soon inherit the crisis' of their elders.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2017-11-22 at 09:33 PM.

Here, humor yourself while we wait for Cold Steel 2's PC port.

Also, the voice recording for CS2 is done, just waiting for the PC port to be polished and for Falcom to announce the CS3 or Crossbell localizations.

I just instabuy The Legend Of Heroes: Cold Steel. First Battle Chasers, now this. Mates, I want to end my projects! xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Still playing Trails of Sky Second chapter and damn I am enjoying it like hell!

I think I am near the end of the game by the look of it. I just found Kurt in the kingfisher inn wounded and he managed to told the heroes about the society secret facility after h e got his memories restored by Vash the Stampede oops sorry I mean Graham Kevin the priest and now I formed my group for that mission.

Damn this song is so beautiful and sad it makes me go to a strange state of trance making me super nostalgic and thinking about the past playing old JRPGs like Chrono Trigger and FF6 and Suikoden I and II.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Still playing Trails of Sky Second chapter and damn I am enjoying it like hell!

I think I am near the end of the game by the look of it. I just found Kurt in the kingfisher inn wounded and he managed to told the heroes about the society secret facility after h e got his memories restored by Vash the Stampede oops sorry I mean Graham Kevin the priest and now I formed my group for that mission.
    Looking forward to your thoughts on the finale!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Looking forward to your thoughts on the finale!
    Haha tbh I really really dont want it to end������ that feeling when the game is so good that you dont want it to end and when you finally finish it you feel empty and jaded. Thank god I still have the third sky game didnt play it yet and the cold steel series.

Haha tbh I really really dont want it to end������ that feeling when the game is so good that you dont want it to end and when you finally finish it you feel empty and jaded. Thank god I still have the third sky game didnt play it yet and the cold steel series.
    Oh, finishing 'Sky TC was the hardest part!

DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK UNLESS YOU'RE CAUGHT UP TO CS2! Found a map of Erebonia on the Steam CS1 community page. Since CS1 didn't have a complete map and CS2 reuses CS1's assets, I suspect that this map is actually from CS3.

Now for some speculation.

We know that the Albarreas control the eastern province (around Bareahard), and the Rogners control the northern (around Roer). We also know that the Cayennes control Ordis, which is described as a port city in chapter 6, we can deduce that Cayenne's are based in the west since that area contains the only coastal city in the Empire. This leaves Saint-Arkh in the south as the Hyarm's capital.

A little further west from Ordis, you can see an island. I suspect that this is Byronia Isle, the place Group B visited in chapter 3. Since Norton the photographer said that there was also a Great Knight statue there (similar to the Great Knight statue in the Nord Highlands), I believe that it houses another (CS1 ending spoilers) Divine Knight.

Way up at the furthest north-western reach of the Empire's borders is another city. I believe that this is Jurai, Crow's homeland as described chapter 5. I have never heard of a nation to the north of Erebonia besides North Ambria from Trails in the Sky the 3rd, which was in ruins after the Salt Pale appeared thirty years ago. Either it's a city of the former nation, or it's an independent city-state. Either way, it was only just recently absorbed into the Empire, no thanks to Erebonia's bloody absolutist chancellor. (CS1 ending spoilers)Really, he had it coming: at least ONE of those thousands of displaced peoples he conquered - people who would have an imperialistic culture imposed upon them and treated as second class citizens to support the Empire - would decide to come after him. Totally with Crow on this one.

I believe that these are all the known locations of the (CS1 ending spoilers)Divine Knights:
    - Trista
    - Nord Highlands
    - Legram
    - Byronia Isle

Since the ILF was working with the Noble Faction for years prior to the coup, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Crow's DK was from Byronia Isle. Cayenne surely knew his province like the back of his hand, and probably informed Crow that there was a DK there after the Azure Witch started Crow on his quest, if she didn't already know of it's location. Furthermore, Ordine the Azure Knight would fit pretty well with a water-themed location, and since Byronia Isle is the only known DK location near water, it'd fit thematically. Granted, Lohengrin was in the middle of a lake, but since the room outside the door showed no visible signs of damage sustained by a DK leaving the castle, and given that the castle seems to be undergoing to same Awakener process as the Old Schoolhouse, I'd say that the DK there hadn't been awakened yet.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2017-12-17 at 05:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a curious question...usually I don't care much about any games review but from what I read about Trails of Sky third chapter that it's the weakest one compare to the Sky series because for a lot of players they see it as dungeon crawler instead of a JRPG like the first chapter and second chapter of Trails of Sky is that true?

Well anyway even if it's indeed true I will still play it because damn I am in love with the series haha.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a curious question...usually I don't care much about any games review but from what I read about Trails of Sky third chapter that it's the weakest one compare to the Sky series because for a lot of players they see it as dungeon crawler instead of a JRPG like the first chapter and second chapter of Trails of Sky is that true?

Well anyway even if it's indeed true I will still play it because damn I am in love with the series haha.
    It's very different, which is probably why you see people think it's the weakest. Personally I liked it more than the first game, but not as much as the second game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Welp, tokyo xanadu is out tommorow, so it will be something to do while waiting for CS2.

Don't be fooled; Trails in the Sky the 3rd is a JRPG through and through, and also the only one is the LoH series that has made me cry.

The difference between 3rd and FC/SC is that there are no towns to explore or many NPCs talk to; instead the game is very much about telling a story (one of the best in the entire LoH series!) with fights in between each story beat. It also expands upon the world of LoH and sets up the series going forward, such as the Crossbell and Erebonia plotlines.

I think the main story in trails in the sky 3rd was really weak. However, the side quests were really amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I am at chapter 8 in Trails of Sky SC. Damn I am still shaking and getting goosebumps the moment Richard showed himself defending queen Alicia and Kloe from the Ouroboros team really an epic moment and great way to redeem his character and the way those special ops kicking the jaegers ass damn amazing.

Ok I am at chapter 8 in Trails of Sky SC. Damn I am still shaking and getting goosebumps the moment Richard showed himself defending queen Alicia and Kloe from the Ouroboros team really an epic moment and great way to redeem his character and the way those special ops kicking the jaegers ass damn amazing.
    SC chapter 8 Philips' heroic last stand and Richard's saving entrance was incredibly moving! Their heroism cemented their place as one of my favorites. It's hard to name a single member of the cast who I don't like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok just finished Trails of Sky SC damn what a fantastic ending.

Leonhardt the Bladelord sacrficing himself and saving us from Weissmann was indeed amazing I was super sad by his death because damn the way Joshua jumped at him and hugged him and saying "you are finally back Loewe" damn never saw Joshua this happy before. And the Weissmann demise damn was super satisfying it also gave more depths to Vash the Stampede oops I mean Kevin personality. I kinda knew he was always hiding something but yeah never expect that he is a veteran member of the Gralsritter church not just a newbie hehe.

And Now I will start the third chapter....my only fear is that after I finish the third chapter I will feel empty...such sensation is awful I remember the last time I felt that when I finished the Witcher 3 damn don't want to experience that again...thank god I didn't play the cold steel series yet haha so I still have more legend of heroes!! I will try also to get the older ones in my old PSP (which is still working fine yay) the Vermillion legend of heroes title forgot the name of that game.

New ToCS2 Feature from Durante! INSTANT CONTINUE (Skip the main menu screen!)

Keep in mind that it's not guaranteed to stay in - you never know when a new feature may come across an unexpected snag - but darn, this a fantastic improvement! I'd hope this feature would become standard across RPGs.

Thank you, Durante!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok just finished Trails of Sky SC damn what a fantastic ending.

Leonhardt the Bladelord sacrficing himself and saving us from Weissmann was indeed amazing I was super sad by his death because damn the way Joshua jumped at him and hugged him and saying "you are finally back Loewe" damn never saw Joshua this happy before. And the Weissmann demise damn was super satisfying it also gave more depths to Vash the Stampede oops I mean Kevin personality. I kinda knew he was always hiding something but yeah never expect that he is a veteran member of the Gralsritter church not just a newbie hehe.

And Now I will start the third chapter....my only fear is that after I finish the third chapter I will feel empty...such sensation is awful I remember the last time I felt that when I finished the Witcher 3 damn don't want to experience that again...thank god I didn't play the cold steel series yet haha so I still have more legend of heroes!! I will try also to get the older ones in my old PSP (which is still working fine yay) the Vermillion legend of heroes title forgot the name of that game.
    (SC ending spoilers) Absolutely! Loewe was AWESOME. Wish we could've gotten an alternate ending OVA or NG+ feature where he DID become a Bracer. Weissman is one of my most hated villains of all time, and one of the few who ever made me feel truly intimidated. A good villain is one you like. A great villain is one you truly despise, and I truly despised Weissman.

Get your tissues ready for The 3rd.

And yes, if you've enjoyed the series this much so far, then your in for a treat with Trails of Cold Steel.

Man, Durante is a damned wizard.