Page 1 of 3
LastLast

"Mighty No 9 won't be Delayed again" oops...

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/21/95...arter-mega-man

http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/25/108...r-a-third-time

Please never give this clown money to make a game again crowd funding people. What a joke. He has said the game was "done" since well over a year ago LMAO.

I laugh at the people who gave this guy money, not that i blame him for everything, but also how the rest of the team treated the community.

Any sane person would have jumped the ship and claimed their money back as soon Dina started with her insanity.
    Jesus christ what a disaster of a project.

Inafune fucked the megaman franchise into the ground, and now he is making this that is a blatant ripoff, even going as far as excusing himself by saying he created megaman(Which is a blatant lie, Akira Kitamura says hello)
    Hell, the characters fucking existed before he even joined Capcom in the first place.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2016-01-25 at 08:02 PM.

Oh for god sake. Was hoping to get this for next month.

At some point this is going to stop being funny.

But once this finally does release I wonder what issues it's going to have...

Wait wait wait. These delays keep happening because of MULTIPLAYER?! In a Megaman game?! Man am I glad I never threw money at this.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2016-01-25 at 08:06 PM.

I did, then I basically stopped following anything about it. Didn't care about testing and every update, etc, so I've remained ignorant until well into it.

Now, when... or if... it comes out, my backer item will go on a shelf. As a reminder. A painful reminder.

I'm honestly more curious about his statement that the engine is no longer supported. The game is using Unreal 3 last I remember, did Epic quietly end support for it or did they switch engines to something else and I never noticed? >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Mighty wallet 9 amirite?
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Oh for the love of god lol.
    The gift that keeps on giving

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm honestly more curious about his statement that the engine is no longer supported. The game is using Unreal 3 last I remember, did Epic quietly end support for it or did they switch engines to something else and I never noticed? >.>
    They did. They still offer support though but will not update UDK any further to focus on Unreal Engine 4. The last UDK update was in february last year and it's not like the developers of this game didn't know about it so it's still not an excuse.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Don't think support ended, but further work on revisions did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/21/95...arter-mega-man

http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/25/108...r-a-third-time

Please never give this clown money to make a game again crowd funding people. What a joke. He has said the game was "done" since well over a year ago LMAO.
    Yeah he's not getting any money from me ever again that's for sure. Game is fun though tbh from what I've played, but I'm not optimistic about the series's future beyond this.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Kickstarter is the perfect platform for these kind of people to gain a quick buck eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Scamstarter
    Corrected it for you, it's rather amazing how people still fall for 5 minute hype and throw money only to get fucked over, there is only 3 things i'd ever consider giving money to on kickstarter, emphasis on consider.

http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/

Been following this blog for 8 years and it's still not out.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Corrected it for you, it's rather amazing how people still fall for 5 minute hype and throw money only to get fucked over, there is only 3 things i'd ever consider giving money to on kickstarter, emphasis on consider.
    1. Mighty wasn't a five minute hype it was a big deal for many months and got a lot of people interested after Capcom shitted all over Mega Man. Right time right place and all of that. That still doesn't excuse how the game has been treated though and now if he does start another kickstarter it'll probably fail harder than Reash did.

2. You're correction does a great disservice to the actual amazing developers and successful games that do come out of crowdfunding and stay popular with fans.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    1. Mighty wasn't a five minute hype it was a big deal for many months and got a lot of people interested after Capcom shitted all over Mega Man. Right time right place and all of that. That still doesn't excuse how the game has been treated though and now if he does start another kickstarter it'll probably fail harder than Reash did.
    I wasn't talking about Mighty specifically in that sentence, but let's not pretend people didn't fall for the hype, not that it's necessarily a bad thing, i fall for hype all the time.
    But the amount of bullshit that happened should have been enough warning signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    2. You're correction does a great disservice to the actual amazing developers and successful games that do come out of crowdfunding and stay popular with fans.
    Would you be as kind and name them?
    I sure as hell can't think of any successful and decent games coming out of it.

I wasn't talking about Mighty specifically in that sentence, but let's not pretend people didn't fall for the hype, not that it's necessarily a bad thing, i fall for hype all the time.
    But the amount of bullshit that happened should have been enough warning signs.

Divinity Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2,Hand of Fate, Darkest Dungeon, Banner Saga,Shovel Knight, Shadowrun Dragonfall and others.
    Last edited by axell; 2016-01-26 at 01:26 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pillars of Eternity, Elite: Dangerous, Shovel Knight, the Banner Saga, Shadowrun Returns, Wasteland 2, Divinity: Original Sin, FTL: Faster Than Light.

Just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by axell View Post
    Divinity Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2,Hand of Fate, Darkest Dungeon, Banner Saga,Shovel Knight, Shadowrun Dragonfall and others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Pillars of Eternity, Elite: Dangerous, Shovel Knight, the Banner Saga, Shadowrun Returns, Wasteland 2, Divinity: Original Sin, FTL: Faster Than Light.

Just to name a few.
    Thank you, wasn't aware Elite was done through kickstarter and i don't really care for the other games, but won't deny they are good, but in the end my view stands, these games are just needles in the haystack.

Thank you, wasn't aware Elite was done through kickstarter and i don't really care for the other games, but won't deny they are good, but in the end my view stands, these games are just needles in the haystack.
    No different than the AAA over-hyped, all-marketing, zero depth, bore-fests that the big publishers keep churning out.

Kickstarter allowed gamers to realize that games take a long time to make and come with endless hurdles. Many "knew", but didn't *really* know. It also allowed for some pretty awesome games to get released that never would have been picked up by a publisher because they aren't FPS rehashes or sports roster updates. I've backed numerous games (and some non-game projects as well), most of which have released, and only one of which I was disappointed with. All of them were delayed.