Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im doing top1 top2 top3 dmg as Ret in Random Bgs and top killing blows and one shoting healers with +1000 str potion, Berserking and Wings, But still it feels that Ret Palas are underpowered, dunno why.

Expect 1vs1, Ret is good in 1vs1, Ret owns Feral in 1vs1, and Ret can survive vs Destro Lock/DK for 10+mins in 1x1 duel.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Im doing top1 top2 top3 dmg as Ret in Random Bgs and top killing blows and one shoting healers with +1000 str potion, Berserking and Wings, But still it feels that Ret Palas are underpowered, dunno why.

Expect 1vs1, Ret is good in 1vs1, Ret owns Feral in 1vs1, and Ret can survive vs Destro Lock/DK for 10+mins in 1x1 duel.
    i see nowdays rets topping dmg and kill meters more than they used to, seems, they are not that bad after all? And they have their advantages in wpvp, too. Not only that but a prot was pwning people in a darkmoon arena, though, he had all gear set to mythic, never saw his hp go down, though.

+ he has some advantges in arena too, like pairing with a spriest, the melee bubble is a good support in that comb. Dunno whats up in 3s right now though. Any good 3s combs?

Will the ret get better in legion? at least he gets ashbringer a strong argument, even though, does not mean he gets better with that, but you may die in style.

Lets be honest, the range dds are far too overpowered when it comes to big zergs. Some meless might have super def mechanics but its all not required for range dds and they can go full glass canon. Meaning ending on top of kills/dmg meters with just little effort. I switch from spriest to dk/rogue every day in ashran and rbgs and there is simply a big difference in how easy range dds are played out in zergs.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2016-01-29 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post

Yes that is correct Ret is very good for Wpvp/Random BGs, I am always top dmg/top killing blows /w 0 death in random bgs that i do ))); however, in my earlier posts i refereed to rated pvp, where unfortunately Rets are not in a good shape, unlike we are in casual pvp (.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    i see nowdays rets topping dmg and kill meters more than they used to, seems, they are not that bad after all? And they have their advantages in wpvp, too. Not only that but a prot was pwning people in a darkmoon arena, though, he had all gear set to mythic, never saw his hp go down, though.

+ he has some advantges in arena too, like pairing with a spriest, the melee bubble is a good support in that comb. Dunno whats up in 3s right now though. Any good 3s combs?

Will the ret get better in legion? at least he gets ashbringer a strong argument, even though, does not mean he gets better with that, but you may die in style.

Lets be honest, the range dds are far too overpowered when it comes to big zergs. Some meless might have super def mechanics but its all not required for range dds and they can go full glass canon. Meaning ending on top of kills/dmg meters with just little effort. I switch from spriest to dk/rogue every day in ashran and rbgs and there is simply a big difference in how easy range dds are played out in zergs.
    1st month of WOD s1 (if you remb) best 2s comp was Ret/Disc since both specs were in very good shape (not OP, just very strong); however, after nerfs to both specs, made them very very challenging to play at high CR. Atm Priest is worst healing class in Arena (in RBGs they are still decent) but not in Arena.
    ATM best Ret comp in 3s (my personal opinion) is UA/Ret/Resto drood since people are forced to sit on Lock, and Ret can provide nice OffHeals and BOPs + sacs on drood (good drood will escape most of CC other than rare Fear+instant Hoj, thats where Ret's sac comes handy) 2nd Best is Ret/BM/Rshammy (since Rshammy has very strong ST heals, and the best healer to keep up Ret while he is getting trained), also vanguards clv /w MW is very strong as well, but thats about it. At low CR anyways is good, yest i ran yolo fire mage/ret/disc (yeh i know terrible comp) around 2k-2.1k cr for lolz /w no voice and we went 7-3 vs Turbo/RMD/UA-Feral-Hpal comps, so at low cr anything is viable.

Legion wise, too early to say, Blizzard announced that they want make Ret more of a Warrior play style, rather than mage in plate. ATM Rets lost Sac (which is a huge nerf in Rated PvP, we cant dispel our healers from CC and we can't provide them support while they are being trained by comps like Walking Dead/Jungle clv), we also lost most of our range abilities making us closer to pure melee, yet we lack high mobility, atm on Alpha DKs + Rets both have very very poor mobility. We also lost our instant heals procs, so another Support tool is lost, atm we only have BOP/Freedom left to support our healer but they all have only 1 cd (currently you can spec for 2x CDS on all of our Hands)
    My personal prediction Rets in Legion will still be good in Random BGs/WPvP like they are now, but we wont be as good in Rated PvP as "Big Boys" aka mage/lock/rog/shadow/war, but we should be better balanced than we are now (I hope) since every class will have independent pvp-talent tree which will enable Blizzard to balance us better. The only thing that does worry me, atm our wings give us 50% dmg increase on alpha....this is very bad since if it wont change on release, it will result in big nerf to our sustain dmg, which is what Rets need=good sustain dmg.
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-01-30 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkon View Post
    They're 2nd shittiest class spec in pvp, shittiest being arms warrior
    lol.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing a thread which is a sort of complaint about Rets is a big surprise. If it were Wrath or at least Tyrannical Cata's season, I could yet understand, but WoD 6.2.x? Oo

As someone playing Ret as a main for years, I'll say the same thing most people already did here in one way or another: Rets aren't priority focused because we deal maybe the lowest sustained damage in PvP among other damage specs; mostly, the only time we do get some "attention". comes when enemies see golden wings growing behind our backs.

However, it's true that a good / decent Ret in random BG / Ashran / WPvP clash benefits from this lack of attention; I rarely end up with more than 1 death (if any) in a BG unless facing some crazy German or Russian premade with randoms, doing very decent damage overall at the same time; I play defensively and in most cautious way, knowing our vulnerabilities vs. multiple attackers. Needless to say, I stack Versatility to the point I don't even use any set bonus yielding items.

I tend to keep screenshots from spectacular random BGs; here you can for example see this SotA vs. Russians from three weeks ago or so; I haven't done the most damage, but was not far away from doing so. See the 0 deaths which is an indication that I was indeed completely ignored by Russians most of the time, while I shouldn't have been:

http://i.imgur.com/LZsuQWR.jpg

This was a funny BG where both teams haven't got a single healer; however, you can see the DK with most damage and 17 kills dying 9 times and others being not so far away from him regarding their mortality; Ret with over 10kk damage done has 0, which means he was pretty much ignored by enemy players.

P.S.

Versatility is just too good and essential for us this patch (unless you play Arena exclusively with a very good healer). I stopped attending any Arena brackets two seasons ago out of lack of decent partners and overall Ret state in rated PvP and I wouldn't advise other Rets to even try it right now, unless they have stable multi-glad or at least seasonal glad-level partners; these 1900-2000-2100 you might achieve after so much time and nerves spent aren't worth it, while any half-competent Warrior with a half-decent healer can get there 10 times faster and easier, be it 2s or 3s in Turbo comp.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2016-01-30 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted
    I wish I could play ret but I can't because as Alliance all race models that can be paladins are glitchy as fuck.

Dwarves...nope, I don't play midgets.
    Draenei...nope. Males look like shit, and females clip all sorts of limbs through the weapon on their back and also the 2h sword's handguard is clipping into the back back of their head.
    Humans...nope. Males looks like shit after the model revamp and have a stupid running animation and helmets are too big for their heads and look like they are wearing buckets on their heads. Female human has some slow ass animations, her closed hand clips into the hilts that are rather thick and her right arm clips into the hilt of the weapon on her back when running.

And that's about it. I wish night elves could be paladins - the only acceptable model for a 2hander wielding character as Alliance.

Deleted
    Only time we are starting off on rets are when we force bouble and make healers take the stress in order to switch to next target and make it a hard time for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post

Versatility is just too good and essential for us this patch (unless you play Arena exclusively with a very good healer). I stopped attending any Arena brackets two seasons ago out of lack of decent partners and overall Ret state in rated PvP and I wouldn't advise other Rets to even try it right now, unless they have stable multi-glad or at least seasonal glad-level partners; these 1900-2000-2100 you might achieve after so much time and nerves spent aren't worth it, while any half-competent Warrior with a half-decent healer can get there 10 times faster and easier, be it 2s or 3s in Turbo comp.
    Versality is good but i feel like mastery is more rewarding, yes you die faster but while your wings are up, the Ret Dream is Real. Also sustain dmg is much much higher, i usually top dps meters in 1.8k-1.9kcr RBGs teams (other than Eots, since its 1 big fight in the middle). However, in arena 3s versatility is better most of the time, since in RBGs, reg BGs, wpvp Rets dont get focus a lot, and we can get away with mastery build. Personally i found it more fun even in arena running Mastery build (2/5 set bonus, rest master/versality, master/haste -gloves, and mastery/str base stat trinket over trinket on use) since i am not really pushing his cr this season, so i play more for fun with some mates, and seeing Ret outdps DKs/UA locks in Arena is fun (not a high cr arena of course)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    "Play class as intended" lol aka going holly? sigh kid it just shows ur ignorance, this not vanilla any more.
    Changing spec i dont mind IF my class has more than 1 spec to fill up same roll niche (this is where you dont get me). Mage can flow from arcane to frost which ever is better= aka being viable at the roll you like to play=DPS. You telling me to change spec to be viable? ok but then i will be changing roll as well, and i find it poor balanced from blizzard's side forcing people to change roll they play: From DPS to Healer to be viable, then it is much different than for a mage or rogue or dk or war to change from one dps spec to another. Also this is not PVE forum, this is PVP, hence i only care about PvP.
    Also you are confusing something again, i am not whining, i stated the fact that Paladin DPS as Class is an underdog in PvP compared to other DPS Classes.
    Finally, why would i want roll a different class just to be viable in DPS roll? I enjoy Ret, i am good at it and I make it viable, and i have no desire changing classes or Roll I play (from DPS to Healer) just to play FOTM, i am only stating that it is about time blizzard finally balances Ret since Paladin has only One DPS spec and it is total garbage in PvP 2nd season in the row, while other classes (like mage or drood for example) have 2 DPS specs that are very very good in PvP
    Yes. If you call yourself "hardcore" player - you will reroll for an appropriate class.

Hybrid classes have viable specs for every role, then not being top-notch is not an excuse for buffs. Ret is viable. Shitty indeed compared to some other specs, but viable if you have played it enough and found its niche.

You are playing hybrid class - they are all about changing roles. Look at pinnacle of hybrid classes - druid, they have 4 fucking specs and each spec have an option to perform as any role for a minute every 5 minutes. So yeah, if these 3 seasons are not really good for ret (aka durable but kitable melee) you should have rerolled to holy at this point, or changed class until meta shifts back to bubblewings 1 shot.

If you think that ret is not viable for PvP and cry for buffs - you should reroll, because buffs are not coming, you can keep sitting there and whine, but it won't help the case. It's not even about paladins, but about what other classes bring and how they can handle ret (protip: very easily, ret can't really put much pressure to be considered a threat, and their selfless healer got nerfed to the ground and they can't flash heal for 100% health anymore)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post

When coordination is brought up ret falls behind. RBGS and 3v3s are good indication of that
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

OP was talking about BG's ..

Also to OP whatever happened to dispel?

I think most if not all dispel everything that comes from a Rertr and turtle wings ...

Quote Originally Posted by Arkon View Post
    Rets dangerous. Hahahahahaha, good joke, mon. They're 2nd shittiest class spec in pvp, shittiest being arms warrior.

In before arena kids thinking they're good at pvp with a healer up their asses.
    I guess an arms warrior didn't just win blizzcon.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

[QUOTE=Charge me Doctor;38602829]Yes. If you call yourself "hardcore" player - you will reroll for an appropriate class.

Hybrid classes have viable specs for every role, then not being top-notch is not an excuse for buffs. Ret is viable. Shitty indeed compared to some other specs, but viable if you have played it enough and found its niche.

You are playing hybrid class - they are all about changing roles. Look at pinnacle of hybrid classes - druid, they have 4 fucking specs and each spec have an option to perform as any role for a minute every 5 minutes. So yeah, if these 3 seasons are not really good for ret (aka durable but kitable melee) you should have rerolled to holy at this point, or changed class until meta shifts back to bubblewings 1 shot.

If you think that ret is not viable for PvP and cry for buffs - you should reroll, because buffs are not coming, you can keep sitting there and whine, but it won't help the case. It's not even about paladins, but about what other classes bring and how they can handle ret (protip: very easily, ret can't really put much pressure to be considered a threat, and their selfless healer got nerfed to the ground and they can't flash heal for 100% health anymore)

- - - Updated - - -

Kid, why are u still talking? this is a PvP thread and it is clear that you are a PVER, as I said I do not want to re-roll/nor i see it fit to re-roll every time your spec is not good, i play ret not because i want to be R1, i play Ret because i love this spec.
    Rets are not viable in RBGs, it is a fact, even vanguards says the same thing on his streams. Rets is not on even grounds with other DPS classes in arena current season and the previous season, this was my point all these posts, that Ret is an underdog DPS class in rated PvP, so i am sorry you can not read properly if you take it as whining or crying for buffs, after all you are a dragonslayer trying to write something meaningful on a pvp forum...oh the irony lol. Also rets could NEVER heal to 100% with flash of light (another point that you have very little about Ret's pvp), only last season of Cata we had 80% crit on flash of light IF person was below 30%. Currently the only way we get a big buff to our flash of light, if we score a killing blow, then yes we get a buff to our flash light (but you have to kill some1 first).
    Playing hybrid is all about changing rolls? lol maybe in pve, once again this is pvp. How many r1-glad enhance shammies, feral druids, rets just swap to healing spec or prot spec (drood/pally) in rated arena? clearly another point that you are just talking from a pve background, not pvp. (also droods do NOT have 4 specs with an option to preform, just 3, but once again you are dragonslayer lol)
    FYI i got Glad as Ret last season, as i said before i don't jump class to class to play FOTM, i play Ret because i love it and I am good at it, hence i know this spec very well and its downsides, so when i say it is not on even grounds with other dps classes, just maybe there is a knowledge behind my words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    I guess an arms warrior didn't just win blizzcon.
    Regen, that person was most likely talking about duels, and not rated PvP. Made me smile too, when I read that Arms is the worst class spec in pvp )

- - - Updated - - -

Also Charge fyi in rated-pvp majority of high end Arena players play Roll and not the class unlike in PVE, hence players who play as DPS tend (majority of the time) have other dps alts instead of playing same class but different roll (aka Enh going resto, or Ret going Holly), it does happen more often in RBGs than in Arena, but most of the time for Casters DPS going to Healers and other way around.
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-02-01 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Snegovik;38613560]
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Kid, why are u still talking? this is a PvP thread and it is clear that you are a PVER, as I said I do not want to re-roll/nor i see it fit to re-roll every time your spec is not good, i play ret not because i want to be R1, i play Ret because i love this spec.
    Rets are not viable in RBGs, it is a fact, even vanguards says the same thing on his streams. Rets is not on even grounds with other DPS classes in arena current season and the previous season, this was my point all these posts, that Ret is an underdog DPS class in rated PvP, so i am sorry you can not read properly if you take it as whining or crying for buffs, after all you are a dragonslayer trying to write something meaningful on a pvp forum...oh the irony lol. Also rets could NEVER heal to 100% with flash of light (another point that you have very little about Ret's pvp), only last season of Cata we had 80% crit on flash of light IF person was below 30%. Currently the only way we get a big buff to our flash of light, if we score a killing blow, then yes we get a buff to our flash light (but you have to kill some1 first).
    Playing hybrid is all about changing rolls? lol maybe in pve, once again this is pvp. How many r1-glad enhance shammies, feral druids, rets just swap to healing spec or prot spec (drood/pally) in rated arena? clearly another point that you are just talking from a pve background, not pvp. (also droods do NOT have 4 specs with an option to preform, just 3, but once again you are dragonslayer lol)
    FYI i got Glad as Ret last season, as i said before i don't jump class to class to play FOTM, i play Ret because i love it and I am good at it, hence i know this spec very well and its downsides, so when i say it is not on even grounds with other dps classes, just maybe there is a knowledge behind my words.
    Then you admit that you are not hardcore player, but in previous posts you said that you were, aka, you lied to us and yourself? I can't even think of a team who would keep Ret player for PvP purposes, it's pure gamble for this purpose, Ret doesn't stand an even chance on rated PvP, the only way to get glad is cheesy 2v2 or playing a lot to just luck your way through games.

And if you don't believe that PvP players respec accordingly to current meta - look at current amount of holy paladins in 3v3/RBGs. When it's not your time you either get a vacation from PvP, or reroll, or casually PvP and wait for changes to the game that will shake up the meta. Well, you also can be a mastermind and think of team comp where Ret can fit in and work your way on the ladder, but people that determined are very rare (because it mostly requires at least 2 more people who are ready to lose 50 games with you, because you are too stubborn to reroll holy and get your team somewhere). Yeah, currently fire mages are in shit position (got quite used to it), because of how important combustion is for my damage, even if i land 3 Pyro crits on a target and combust ignite all i hear is "bling" and see it being dispelled from target, there it goes my 90 seconds cooldown with almost 200k worth of damage, gone by usage of 12 seconds cooldown dispel. Still, i, at least, have Pyroblasts that hit like a truck (when star align), but that's not enough anymore for PvP outside of 2v2 and random BGs.

You don't even need to play FOTM class/spec combo when you reroll out of Ret these seasons, it's completely justifiable and reasonable thing to do - when spec is not viable in current meta - you don't fuck over your teammates by sticking with it, you either reroll or let them take real dps instead and be happy for them progressing on ladder.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-02-02 at 03:48 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

[QUOTE=Charge me Doctor;38618255]
    Then you admit that you are not hardcore player, but in previous posts you said that you were, aka, you lied to us and yourself? I can't even think of a team who would keep Ret player for PvP purposes, it's pure gamble for this purpose, Ret doesn't stand an even chance on rated PvP, the only way to get glad is cheesy 2v2 or playing a lot to just luck your way through games.

And if you don't believe that PvP players respec accordingly to current meta - look at current amount of holy paladins in 3v3/RBGs. When it's not your time you either get a vacation from PvP, or reroll, or casually PvP and wait for changes to the game that will shake up the meta. Well, you also can be a mastermind and think of team comp where Ret can fit in and work your way on the ladder, but people that determined are very rare (because it mostly requires at least 2 more people who are ready to lose 50 games with you, because you are too stubborn to reroll holy and get your team somewhere). Yeah, currently fire mages are in shit position (got quite used to it), because of how important combustion is for my damage, even if i land 3 Pyro crits on a target and combust ignite all i hear is "bling" and see it being dispelled from target, there it goes my 90 seconds cooldown with almost 200k worth of damage, gone by usage of 12 seconds cooldown dispel. Still, i, at least, have Pyroblasts that hit like a truck (when star align), but that's not enough anymore for PvP outside of 2v2 and random BGs.

You don't even need to play FOTM class/spec combo when you reroll out of Ret these seasons, it's completely justifiable and reasonable thing to do - when spec is not viable in current meta - you don't fuck over your teammates by sticking with it, you either reroll or let them take real dps instead and be happy for them progressing on ladder.
    Can you read what you just wrote, i am not sure if you are trying to look silly or you are actually think this way. So you say if i dont want to re-roll i am not a hard core player? That is a silly logic, but i do not consider myself a hard core play, i dont have time to spend 8 hours on wow daily, but i do have XP/Years/Rating to back up my knowledge of pvp (i do rated-pvp only since BC came out), so in your mind if i am not a hard core player then i do not know my spec/rated pvp? So what do you call a player who gets 2.4k+ arena every season that i compete, who has Glad, AM title, High warlord title, along with non-rated pvp tiles: Blood thirsty, Battle master? lol kid this is a pvp forum not a pve, a pvper does not need 5 toons, spend 40 hours a week on this game to be good at what he/she does.
    Glad from 2s??? lol this line along shows how much you do not know about rated-pvp, you can not get glad in twos for many years already.
    Players do Respect but mostly within same roll aka Rogues: Combat was OP in WOD s1, 8sec KS, killing spree immune to all CC, now rogs back to Sub, or Mages spec between Frost or Arcane dep on comp they are facing, however, you do not see Vanguards, Avengerline respec from Ret to Holly they keep playing their rets, and they have OTHER DPS (not healing) classes for example Vanguards plays both his Ret/Enh to r1, another good example my old buddy Glad Ret Zev, he would play his feral as well as Ret in WOD s1, and not holly. RBGs wise, i DID mention that changings specs more common in RBGs but mostly between caster DPS and Heals: Boomy/Rdrood, shadow/Disc, Resto shammy/Elem.
    Amount of Hpals in RBGs: Rets are NOT viable in RBGs above 2k, no good grp will invite ret, hence only hpals are common in 2k cr+ RBGs. Arena 3v3, as i was saying all along Rets are underdogs, hence very few rets compete at high cr, mostly Hpals, but those hpals did not re-roll from Rets, they were Hpals before hand, Rets either went Enh or Feral or other DPS class or quit pvp in general.
    What you just said here "Well, you also can be a mastermind and think of team comp where Ret can fit in and work your way on the ladder, but people that determined are very rare (because it mostly requires at least 2 more people who are ready to lose 50 games with you" you just agreed on my point that i was saying all along in my posts (Kiddo you really do need read more carefully, you are making a fool of yourself) thats Rets are underdogs and it is extremely hard to grind up rating and find teams unless you have high xp (2.5k-glad+ ) friends who you can do games with, so ya thx for agreeing with my own point?
    Fire Mage: not sure why you keep bringing fire mage, in my earlier posts i did say fire mages are not in a good spot in Rated-Arena, so not sure why you keep saying they are not good, if i never said that they were in a good spot... lol again you dont read carefully.
    Not sure what part of me saying "i dont want to Reroll from Ret" you dont get? I enjoy playing Ret, this is my fav spec in game. I dont HAVE to re-roll because I am glad xp player on my Ret, people invite me to RBGs (between 1.8k-1.9kcr) for 3 wins cap over wars/dks/locks and in arena my friends rather pvp with me, because they know we can hit GLAD with my Ret, lol so not sure what to tell you there...yes Rets are underdogs as i sated before, but GOOD rets can still climb ladder easier than people playing other classes but who have low skill cap/xp in arena, you would be a good example lol, since in rated PvP if people are good they can hit glad running a shit comp vs nubs who run FOTM and can not even break 2.4k cr.
    P.S. Did you even think that people chose to play with whom ever they want lol? It is not like i physically stand over their shoulders and make them grp up with me lol...good pvpers actually take high xp players over the low xp players despite what specs they play.
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-02-02 at 04:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of nonsense did you just say??

First, don't forget, that WoW is just a freaking GAME, where everyone play the class / spec they WANT. You cannot force people to do anything here.

Second, it's better to play casually for a while instead of rerolling to something you hate for real. Also, not everyone is good at playing healer; it's a completely different playstyle, and, on top of that, it's very, extremely boring. Sorry, but I rather focus on WPvP and achievements this season.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2016-02-02 at 08:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    What kind of nonsense did you just say??

First, don't forget, that WoW is just a freaking GAME, where everyone play the class / spec they WANT. You cannot force people to do anything here.

Second, it's better to play casually for a while instead of rerolling to something you hate for real. Also, not everyone is good at playing healer; it's a completely different playstyle, and, on top of that, it's very, extremely boring. Sorry, but I rather focus on WPvP and achievements this season.
    Off course it's just a game, but when someone says that he is hardcore player and says that he is not going to reroll from shitty (performance-vice) spec , then edits it out like it never happened it triggers me. And as ex-raid/team leader i could easily force people to do these things. I forced our Ele shaman to stay up to 4:00 of night (+4 hours difference), i forced holy paladin to reroll to ret for wotlk 3v3s, because stuff like "hey, it sucks that you have to stay up all night for a raid, but it's not our fault that you live that far from us, and your are good player and guildmember, so we don't want to replace you, but if you don't wish to continue - we will replace you" and "wanna ez glad?" turned out to be quite good arguments for people.

It's not about "forcing" someone to do something, but when you are in community, and play with people you have to meet their expectations. Yes, if you want to stay Ret - don't get upset that you are not invited to RBGs anymore, and if you are good player you will get your chance to reroll and people will help you to adapt to new playstyle. If you for some weird reason are afraid/don't want of trying something new - welp, nothing can help you there.
    And i repeat - if you are fine with being the one who drags your team back - good for you; but for me, personally, it's disgusting and i would hate myself for underperforming, that's why i have so many shelf-characters for various "XCleave" comps from 3v3.

I agree that it's better to stay calm when your favorite class is out of meta, i personally can't be bothered with rerolling anymore, and if my team is not OK with me playing fire - i step down by myself and even find replacement for me if i have to, instead of jumping on another character and continuing playing with them. Healer being boring is quite subjective opinion. Many people find playing healer to be very fun.

[QUOTE=Charge me Doctor;38618255]
    where i loled and stopped reading. guy is clueless

[QUOTE=lolskillzz;38623254]

where i loled and stopped reading. guy is clueless
    Yep, this guy admits in above post he is a PVER (i dont have anything against pvers in general) but this is funny how this guy who never got high in rated PvP comes on PvP forum with PvE background and tries to argue pvp sides basing on his pve xp lol...

- - - Updated - - -

Off course it's just a game, but when someone says that he is hardcore player and says that he is not going to reroll from shitty (performance-vice) spec , then edits it out like it never happened it triggers me. And as ex-raid/team leader i could easily force people to do these things. I forced our Ele shaman to stay up to 4:00 of night (+4 hours difference), i forced holy paladin to reroll to ret for wotlk 3v3s, because stuff like "hey, it sucks that you have to stay up all night for a raid, but it's not our fault that you live that far from us, and your are good player and guildmember, so we don't want to replace you, but if you don't wish to continue - we will replace you" and "wanna ez glad?" turned out to be quite good arguments for people.

It's not about "forcing" someone to do something, but when you are in community, and play with people you have to meet their expectations. Yes, if you want to stay Ret - don't get upset that you are not invited to RBGs anymore, and if you are good player you will get your chance to reroll and people will help you to adapt to new playstyle. If you for some weird reason are afraid/don't want of trying something new - welp, nothing can help you there.
    And i repeat - if you are fine with being the one who drags your team back - good for you; but for me, personally, it's disgusting and i would hate myself for underperforming, that's why i have so many shelf-characters for various "XCleave" comps from 3v3.

I agree that it's better to stay calm when your favorite class is out of meta, i personally can't be bothered with rerolling anymore, and if my team is not OK with me playing fire - i step down by myself and even find replacement for me if i have to, instead of jumping on another character and continuing playing with them. Healer being boring is quite subjective opinion. Many people find playing healer to be very fun.
    Sigh i think you just like to type for the sake of it, instead of writing something meaningful, i never said i am a hard core play nor i edited it out, but as i stated earlier after vanilla, when BC came out, all i do is rated-pvp/ non-rated pvp and i hit high cr BOTH RBGs and Arena as my Ret, so i do have some knowledge about PvP, and I stated that Rets are underdogs over all: aka this/last season a good example. Now you come here with your "PVE leader" lol? i don't care this a PvP forum, now you say you Force people to stay up till 4 am or re-roll, besides the point that i feel bad for those people whom you Force to do something, not sure how that relates to my original post, dragonslayer.
    Ask anyone who got glad, getting glad is not about only about comp, its about ur skill, team's ability work together, luck (facing teams u counter), sometimes que dodging, and yes spec you play, but spec is not only the determine whether you will or will not get glad. "And i repeat - if you are fine with being the one who drags your team back - good for you; but for me, personally, it's disgusting and i would hate myself for underperforming, that's why i have so many shelf-characters for various "XCleave" comps from 3v3." I just laughed at you right here kid, you telling me that Vanguards, Avengerline, two top USA rets, will drag team down? Both of them competed in elimination arena matches for Blizzcon, Avegerline did it several times, are you honestly telling me these multi r1 players will drag a team down lol? Are you out of your mind? Did you ever face either of them? I am pretty sure you did not, i also sure you don't have high xp in rated pvp, so not sure why are u even talking, but i did face vanguards in 3s/2s multiple times, and that guy plays better on his Ret and harder to beat than 99.999% of players rolling Mage/Lock/War/rogue/drood classes/specs.
    "It's not about "forcing" someone to do something, but when you are in community, and play with people you have to meet their expectations." In your earlier posts you said you forced ppl change specs/stay up late lol? But to answer your silly quote: people in 3v3 Arena especially look at your XP/Skill before looking at class you play, you can play war but be a 2k xp vs a Multi R1 Ret, guess which player people will pick? Not sure why you got that i am upset for not being invited to RBGs, cuz i do? Since you know i have High Warlord (i doubt you know what that is actually).
    If you do not have skills to complete as fire, now that is your problem, since they are some very good Glad fire mages from last season, who run fire/rog/hpal, and if you ever get a chance to face those Glad fire mages, you would never say "oh he is dragging his team down". So be my guest to make another entertaining post about PvP referring to your PvE background.