iTunes / Windows problem?

Hoping to find a solution to this, as it's really annoying.
    Some reason, I'm unable to Drag/Drop music from my Storage drive into iTunes.

Just get the Cancel icon no matter where I place it; Library, Playlists, or Devices.

Checking / Unchecking "Share my Library" does not change anything despite what some iTunes community support pages claim. :S
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

can you try with just 1 file? It might be that it's so massive that it's just taking forever.

Quote Originally Posted by f0rb1d View Post
    can you try with just 1 file? It might be that it's so massive that it's just taking forever.
    1 file, or my entire library, makes no difference.
    Format doesn't matter either. AAC, MP3, M4A, etc...

can you copy a file from the storage drive to another drive? Whats the connection being used by the storage drive? You should be able to drag and drop, I just did it from a usb3 drive. Could be software/hardware issue.

Quote Originally Posted by f0rb1d View Post
    can you copy a file from the storage drive to another drive? Whats the connection being used by the storage drive? You should be able to drag and drop, I just did it from a usb3 drive. Could be software/hardware issue.
    That hasn't made a difference either. Unable to drag/drop music into itunes.
    Itunes is installed on my Storage Drive (Internal, SATA3, Hardrive), same drive as my music. (My OS is installed on a SSD)
    (Giving iTunes Administrative Privilege has also changed nothing.)
    (Disabling UAC has changed nothing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Well, the best solution would be to stop using itunes or anything apple related. Just my opinion.
    Eh, I hear that often, but for Mobile devices, I find Apple to be the more reliable, and the most durable. Had 4 or 5 Android phones, and all of them where pretty terrible compared to my iPhone 5s, or 6. :S

Anyway...

It's strange you cant drag and drop, the long route is to add through the drop down menu at the top left, and add file to library (Ctrl + O). Have you uninstalled and reinstalled?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    It's strange you cant drag and drop, the long route is to add through the drop down menu at the top left, and add file to library (Ctrl + O). Have you uninstalled and reinstalled?
    Did not change anything. Still unable to drop/drap.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Did not change anything. Still unable to drop/drap.
    I had the same problem before I stopped using Itunes. Drag and drop never worked.