Thread: Glue traps

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    For which you would go to jail, because animals don't know that it's your home or that they're "bringing in disease and death."

Basically if a kid with a communicable disease came into your house accidentally, instead of shooing him out or even killing him humanely, you'd torture him to death.

- - - Updated - - -
    People that set glue traps usually don't check back on them until the animals are dead/have chewed off their limbs and died elsewhere.
    Well whether I would go to jail would be based on the law and my rights to defend my life and home.

As for the rat or mouse, well if it didn't know any better, it isn't going to make that mistake again when it's killed, as for all the other shit, no I am not going to go out of my way whether it is a thief or some idiotic kid breaking into my house who has a cold and doesn't know any better.

Their results might wind up being the same as the rat, and no I wouldn't feel bad about it, I don't know nor do I care what their problem is, or why they are intruding into my property. I would rather that it doesn't turn out that way, but I am not in control of all things, like anothers choice.

And for the record, while I wouldn't go out of my way to harm an animal or person, rats and mice I especially hate, so them suffering or being put out of their misery doesn't bother me in the least if they break into my home.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2016-01-28 at 12:00 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    I have a trip trap for rodents that's never failed me, don't see the point of anything else.

Deleted
    glue traps are fine

if you wanna be sentimental go kill them with a knife or something before they starve

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    I recently moved into a new house that I'm renting but I hear mice at night I was gifted some glue traps but I hear those are cruel to use. They were free and free is always good. Any thoughts on glue traps? Cruel or no?
    You just buy normal mouse traps jesus what is wrong with people today
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

I do not use glue traps, After finding one with a snake on it (was left outside to get rats going into a garage) and finding a live mouse that had pissed and shit its self, I just cant use em. Bad enough I have to kill an animal I have no plans to eat, no need to make them suffer needlessly. Imagine dying of attrition while stuck to a board with glue that can rip your skin off.

Poison is my weapon of choice, now its probably not much more humane, but I do not see it so I can deal with it. It also has the benefit of being an item that can be brought back to a nest and kill unseen vermin.

If you want the most humane, snap traps, instant death, or live traps.

If you want effective, and care nothing about how humane it it, use a drowning pool, 5 gallon bucket 1/2 filled with water with bird seed dumped on top and a board for the vermin to run up. They run up see a bucket of food and jump in and drown. I do not approve this method but it works so very well.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I do not use glue traps, After finding one with a snake on it (was left outside to get rats going into a garage) and finding a live mouse that had pissed and shit its self, I just cant use em. Bad enough I have to kill an animal I have no plans to eat, no need to make them suffer needlessly. Imagine dying of attrition while stuck to a board with glue that can rip your skin off.

Poison is my weapon of choice, now its probably not much more humane, but I do not see it so I can deal with it. It also has the benefit of being an item that can be brought back to a nest and kill unseen vermin.

If you want the most humane, snap traps, instant death, or live traps.

If you want effective, and care nothing about how humane it it, use a drowning pool, 5 gallon bucket 1/2 filled with water with bird seed dumped on top and a board for the vermin to run up. They run up see a bucket of food and jump in and drown. I do not approve this method but it works so very well.
    lol the water trap is almost as genius as the squirrel snare trap

diabolical but genius

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well whether I would go to jail would be based on the law and my rights to defend my life and home.

As for the rat or mouse, well if it didn't know any better, it isn't going to make that mistake again when it's killed, as for all the other shit, no I am not going to go out of my way whether it is a thief or some idiotic kid breaking into my house who has a cold and doesn't know any better.

Their results might wind up being the same as the rat, and no I wouldn't feel bad about it, I don't know nor do I care what their problem is, or why they are intruding into my property. I would rather that if obviously doesn't turn out that way, but I am not in control of all things, like anothers choice.

And for the record, while I wouldn't go out of my way to harm an animal or person, rats and mice I especially hate, so them suffering or being put out of their misery doesn't bother me in the least if they break into my home.
    But given the choice between kicking them out without hurting them, killing them painlessly, and knowingly making them suffer until they die, you'd choose to make them suffer.

Gotcha.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-01-28 at 12:20 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Never had issues with the normal run of the mill traps. Glue is just cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    no need to make them suffer needlessly. Imagine dying of attrition while stuck to a board with glue that can rip your skin off.
    Well, I imagine if you built a little crucifix, you could just crucify the first mouse you catch and post him outside the garage, that mouse would serve as a warming sign to any other mice thinking about entering your territory.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by lopus View Post
    As far as my experience tells me (from having a cat) cats rarely kill mice, most of mice deaths I have seen were accidental while she was playing with it, or because they want to give it to you as a present ( they kill it and drop it near you ) now kittens !!! ... those will execute anything near them.

Or maybe it is because I live in a ranch and she prefers to hunt for bunnies, who knows
    Male cats usually lack the death bite instinct and only toy around with them. Female cats usually kill them at least if they ever were outdoor to some degree. There are always exceptions but that's what I've gathered so far over the years.

snap traps. tried glue traps once, also becasue got them with a rental. awful, utterly and horribly awful. I might not like mice inside my house (for many MANY reasons) but glue traps are just torturing them needlessly. plus snap traps are not exactly super expensive either but they are a lot more efficient and humane.

10+ Year Old Account
    But given the choice between kicking them out without hurting them, killing them painlessly, and knowingly making them suffer until they die, you'd choose to make them suffer.
    Gotcha.
    The kid, sure, of course I am not a monster people do make mistakes, I can understand and believe something could be done to redeem the human being, the rat or mouse on the other hand NO not so much.

Which is why my response would be automatic with the rat or mouse, and not so much with the human, and it would also be illegal if i acted and treated the human being the same way as a rat or a mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    The kid, sure, of course I am not a monster people do make mistakes, I can understand and believe something could be done to redeem the human being, the rat or mouse on the other hand NO not so much.

Which is why my response would be automatic with the rat or mouse, and not so much with the human, and it would also be illegal if i acted and treated the human being the same way as a rat or a mouse.
    So just to clarify, if given the choice, you choose to kill these animals as slowly and painfully as possible. You also choose the trap style that is renowned for killing all sorts of things it isn't supposed to, such as cats and birds.

You choose to make animals die in fear and panic, rather than just killing them painlessly with no extra effort required on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    I recently moved into a new house that I'm renting but I hear mice at night I was gifted some glue traps but I hear those are cruel to use. They were free and free is always good. Any thoughts on glue traps? Cruel or no?
    Just release a bunch of snakes in your house.

10+ Year Old Account
    So just to clarify, if given the choice, you choose to kill these animals as slowly and painfully as possible.
    Well what choice is that, this fucking vermin invades my house, with the ability to smell and be very fucking aware of there they are and where they are going, you think should be spared because of what?

No, I have no compassion for the rat or mouse that invades my home, and your video doesn't move me. If some dick went out and decided to put that mouse in that trap, yes I would even think charges should be brought.

But, seeing as how Mice and Rats, don't know or respect those kinds of boundaries by choice or nature, no the glue trap is just fine. Now if I had another trap that worked equally or better that didn't do that or kept it alive maybe, but that trap better not inconvenience me for the effort.

And if you care so much for that little rat or mouse, then invent a better method or way, shit, I might even donate to your worthy cause, if you are so inclined to provide a service to try to stop the reality of glue traps from happening.

But as it sits, if the glue traps are free, and work, then I would use them.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2016-01-28 at 12:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well what choice is that, this fucking vermin invades my house, with the ability to smell and be very fucking aware of there they are and where they are going, you think should be spared because of what?

No, I have no compassion for the rat or mouse that invades my home, and your video doesn't move me. If some dick went out and decided to put that mouse in that trap, yes I would even think charges should be brought.

But, seeing as how Mice and Rats, don't know or respect those kinds of boundaries by choice or nature, no the glue trap is just fine. Now if I had another trap that worked equally or better that didn't do that or kept it alive maybe, but that trap better not inconvenience me for the effort.

And if you care so much for that little rat or mouse, then invent a better method or way, shit, I might even donate to your worthy. Cause if you are so inclined to provide a service to try to stop the reality of glue traps from happening.

But as it sits, if the glue traps are free, and work, then I would use them.
    Well, that pretty much cements you as possessing textbook traits of psychopathy. For someone who professes to be as empathetic as you do I find it rather amusing.

Better, more humane killing traps exist, and they cost less than a dollar. Those traps don't kill family pets or animals you're not trying to kill like birds, unlike glue traps which do exactly that.

I hope you don't have pets. On the other hand, seeing one of your pets dead in a glue trap, stuck in an image of its frantic death throes with its fur matted with glue and it's limbs awkwardly spread out around it might make you think again about using them. Or maybe it wouldn't, maybe it would just get you hard.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-01-28 at 12:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that pretty much cements you as possessing textbook traits of psychopathy. For someone who professes to be as empathetic as you do I find it rather amusing.

Better, more humane killing traps exist, and they cost less than a dollar. Those traps don't kill family pets or animals you're not trying to kill like birds, unlike glue traps which do exactly that.
    Well ok, I am not perfect, and no, I do hate rats and mice with a passion, but even with my hate I wouldn't go out of my way to kill one, I am just not going to move for one that invades my home because you think that I should.

As for those traps killing pets or other wild life, that is actually a compelling argument. Which would make me NOT use the glue trap.

Glue traps kill family pets? First I have heard of it. Snap traps are dangerous around family pets, like cats, since they could literally shatter the paws and cause amputation.

Personally, I don't find glue traps effective. I've had it work once? And that was because my cat chased it into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Glue traps kill family pets? First I have heard of it. Snap traps are dangerous around family pets, like cats, since they could literally shatter the paws and cause amputation.

Personally, I don't find glue traps effective. I've had it work once? And that was because my cat chased it into it.
    Snap traps aren't usually strong enough to kill family pets, while they obviously would still cause harm to one if they stepped on it. They don't usually attract anything other than what they're supposed to though, since you can use specific baits and they're usually pretty small.

Glue traps are incredibly dangerous to pets like cats, because they're based on having a large surface area. Once something's paw touches it it's stuck and is pretty much permanent, and they'll thrash around until they get everything else stuck. As soon as the fur gets caught it's game over, especially as they'll lose their balance and fall over, at which point their limbs glue down at odd angles. the traps are often dosed with general attractants too, so they smell like food to a lot of things.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-01-28 at 12:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snap traps aren't usually strong enough to kill family pets, while they obviously would still cause harm to one if they stepped on it.

Glue traps are incredibly dangerous to pets like cats, because once one paw touches it it's stuck and is pretty much permanent, and they'll thrash around until they get everything else stuck. They're often dosed with attractants too, so they smell like food.
    Well the snapped off paws stuff was swaying me a little bit too as 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other as far as versus glue traps. But yeah you make a better argument, now I am kind of curious about to not only a pet or innocent animal just getting stuck, I am now wondering what kind of chemical might be in the glue if ingested could kill an unintended animal.