Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

can i assume i failed my trial?

Was trialing a guild to do mythic raiding, came along for their test run. They didn't say much to me, just come in do your best we will be logging you etc. Killed a few bosses and then group disbands, i asked how did i do? Can i get an audit or something? No replies everyone just leaves too.

I mean, should i keep bugging the guy and ask did i qualify or just leave it and find another trial? Would it be considered taking the initiative to be asking and such or be like a desperate and annoying guy to keep asking?
    Last edited by Skylarking; 2016-01-28 at 01:06 PM.

Deleted
    Doesn't sound like a very well run guild. I'd just find another guild, not like there's a lack of recruiting guilds right now

Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    Doesn't sound like a very well run guild. I'd just find another guild, not like there's a lack of recruiting guilds right now
    This. /10chars

look for a real guild looks like a bad one .

Normaly after a trial we used to switch poeple in TS ask them how THEY likesd it what they taught , and in that time we had one of our class offis look at the logs if it was not allready done , talk to the guy and evrything...

if they dont have anyone to take care of you after a trial run not even worth going there imo

Sounds like a shit guild. I wouldn't waste your time with them, even if they did accept you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you had any kind of questions asked before? Like about certain situations or anything at all besides the regular recruitment mail/post to their forum?

If no, i don't think they ever gave you a real chance or were just making you false hope, if they just leave you hanging like this they're really not a well run guild at all.

I would go for another guild.
    Sig by Thor

Do you have the logs? If you were performing in the grey percentiles, that could be a pretty good indication they don't want you to come back. But even said, any decently run guild should at least give you the benefit of telling you where you stand with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    look for a real guild looks like a bad one .

Normaly after a trial we used to switch poeple in TS ask them how THEY likesd it what they taught , and in that time we had one of our class offis look at the logs if it was not allready done , talk to the guy and evrything...

if they dont have anyone to take care of you after a trial run not even worth going there imo
    This is pretty much the best way to deal with trials.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Ask yourself if you would want to spend time in a guild such as that.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    I'd have to agree with this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    Yeah, there was no follow up or anything.

Oh well ill keep looking.

Deleted
    But was it just one trial run? Or are you supposed to trial over a several week period. I know we trial people for 3 weeks (I think), so sure we'd give feedback after the first run if the person asks, but we won't make any decisions until later (unless someone fucks up all the time, obviously, a no is easier to give in those circumstances then a yes).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksel View Post
    But was it just one trial run? Or are you supposed to trial over a several week period. I know we trial people for 3 weeks (I think), so sure we'd give feedback after the first run if the person asks, but we won't make any decisions until later (unless someone fucks up all the time, obviously, a no is easier to give in those circumstances then a yes).
    Like i said, there was no reply, no follow up, absolutely nothing. No idea where it was supposed to go.

I feel like there's part of the story not being told. Link the logs for the run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Was trialing a guild to do mythic raiding, came along for their test run. They didn't say much to me, just come in do your best we will be logging you etc. Killed a few bosses and then group disbands, i asked how did i do? Can i get an audit or something? No replies everyone just leaves too.

I mean, should i keep bugging the guy and ask did i qualify or just leave it and find another trial? Would it be considered taking the initiative to be asking and such or be like a desperate and annoying guy to keep asking?
    Were you not in vent/mumble/TS? Did they ignore you there too or did you not say anything?

It all seems really odd. If we're getting the full story then 100% I'd avoid that guild, its clearly not being run very well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I feel like there's part of the story not being told. Link the logs for the run.
    What do logs have to do with this? Are you trying to say that i was ignored because they thought i was bad? I was probably the most under-geared there but i wasn't doing stuff like ignoring mechanics. Gear ilvl shouldnt matter for trial runs either since they said they will help me gear up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Were you not in vent/mumble/TS? Did they ignore you there too or did you not say anything?

It all seems really odd. If we're getting the full story then 100% I'd avoid that guild, its clearly not being run very well.
    Yes i was in the TS, talking sometimes during the fights as well. What else needs to be said though thats the story really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    What do logs have to do with this? Are you trying to say that i was ignored because they thought i was bad? I was probably the most under-geared there but i wasn't doing stuff like ignoring mechanics. Gear ilvl shouldnt matter for trial runs either since they said they will help me gear up too.

Yes i was in the TS, talking sometimes during the fights as well. What else needs to be said though thats the story really.
    Warcraftlogs.com compares your ilevel and spec to others in a 3-5 ilevel range and ranks you as well as overall for your class. So it's a good judge of how you're performing in your current gear. For example you might be ranking at 15% which is terrible but also at 85% for your ilevel which means you're doing decent.

I would approach them again. Were you wiping when they all logged off? It could've been just frustration.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

WCL allows you to see the percentile for the bracket you're in, so it'll give a rough estimate for your performance relative to other players within your same ilvl bracket. That's why I'm asking for logs. We can also see if you're clearly failing to obvious mechanics (eating Fel Reaver barrage, failing to soak your position on Kormrok, dying to Reap on Council, etc) and get a general idea of how you actually performed in the raid. Your word here means very little when the people who trialed you have absolutely no way to defend their decision not to contact you and it's possible you may have simply performed so poorly they didn't even want to entertain the idea of bringing you in for another raid. It's kind of rude for them not to tell you this, but that's their decision, not yours.

Regardless, you're better off finding a new guild. But coming here for a virtual pat on the back and a "go get 'em, slugger!" isn't really going to fix any issues or help you find a new guild.

"Poundfist is up"
    "Oh crap, everything outta the raid!"

(j/k)

Maybe they are just ignoring you because they really like you, and are too shy to say anything.