Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the deal is with RP servers? I kind of went in thinking that it would similar to WoW with text chat options and social interaction...
    it is what you make of it really. you've got a few emotes you can use and that stuff.

the text chat options are kinda limited though. rp is probably mostly done through local voice chat, as there is no local text chat, only server chat or clan.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it is what you make of it really. you've got a few emotes you can use and that stuff.

the text chat options are kinda limited though. rp is probably mostly done through local voice chat, as there is no local text chat, only server chat or clan.
    Damn, I could obviously see they didn't have roleplayers in mind during development (nothing wrong with that though). I've heard that they do sporadic updates (think there were rumors about horses and a non-thrall thrall system in the works, basically you befriend them instead of capture them or something along those lines), so maybe it's not unlikely that the devs could add more in the options of roleplay.

OT: I'm actually slowly starting to fall in love with Conan the Barbarian, mainly because of Exiles and the Dark Horse comics. Would really love more games/movies that take place in Hyboria <3

Damn, I could obviously see they didn't have roleplayers in mind during development (nothing wrong with that though). I've heard that they do sporadic updates (think there were rumors about horses and a non-thrall thrall system in the works, basically you befriend them instead of capture them or something along those lines), so maybe it's not unlikely that the devs could add more in the options of roleplay.

OT: I'm actually slowly starting to fall in love with Conan the Barbarian, mainly because of Exiles and the Dark Horse comics. Would really love more games/movies that take place in Hyboria <3
    sadly, i don't think mounts are gonna happen. they said it caused issues, because if you move much faster than you do while sprinting, things can get fucky due to how the game loads around you. that's why they added the teleport system.

and yeah, it's pretty cool shit outside of conan himself. i was never a huge fan of the character, because he always wound up fucking the girls. but the world itself is really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    sadly, i don't think mounts are gonna happen. they said it caused issues, because if you move much faster than you do while sprinting, things can get fucky due to how the game loads around you. that's why they added the teleport system.

and yeah, it's pretty cool shit outside of conan himself. i was never a huge fan of the character, because he always wound up fucking the girls. but the world itself is really cool.
    Yeah, Conan isn't really that we'll of a defined character, but I love the whole Cimmerian aesthetic and culture (Prehistoric Celts ftw). Belit is also pretty cool.

Deleted
    https://www.conanexiles.com/blog/wee...en-to-the-dlc/

Pet update and fixes coming, $9.99 purely cosmetic Khitai DLC available on Friday (they'll show it off in the stream), -40% price on Summer Sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    https://www.conanexiles.com/blog/wee...en-to-the-dlc/

Pet update and fixes coming, $9.99 purely cosmetic Khitai DLC available on Friday (they'll show it off in the stream), -40% price on Summer Sale.
    I believe they're also coming out with an Aquilonia DLC as well.

It would be nice if you could take if you take pack animals. Maybe you tame a specific animal with a certain amount of slots where you can store items while away from your shelter and have it follow you. A certain number of items slots for say a kudu, more for a camel, even more for a shaleback and maybe a maximum amount of items slots for elephants/mammoths, etc.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-07-05 at 09:18 PM.

So did they introduce taming yet? I haven't played for a little while so I'm kind of curious.

So did they introduce taming yet? I haven't played for a little while so I'm kind of curious.
    The dev team is on vacation now, last 3 weeks of July they said. So won't be any changes until early august I'd assume

so i bought the game frorm montly humble bundle. I'm little confused, i like playing games in full servers but i could not find a full server at all. Most of them like 18/40 or sameverse. Am I doing somthing wrong for server searching?

Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    so i bought the game frorm montly humble bundle. I'm little confused, i like playing games in full servers but i could not find a full server at all. Most of them like 18/40 or sameverse. Am I doing somthing wrong for server searching?
    Nah. Some servers are just like that. I play on a 23/40 server most of the time.

Once the devs improve the game a bit i'm sure we will be able to see fuller servers.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

I wish the game had more roleplaying features and a better social system.

I wish the game had more roleplaying features and a better social system.
    it must have some pretty ok ones at least.

my friend has rped on it every day for months. albeit, it's not exactly... sfw rp. but still.

i think the ability to mod the game helps with it.

Unsure if any of you fine folks still happens to be playing Conan Exiles - but I have something for you if yes!

The community I'm a member of - Conan Exiles server Tierra Nueva - is looking for players interested in roleplaying. It's an English-speaking group of folks. We do prioritise story-building much higher than mechanical elements of gameplay: in fact, we have completely gotten rid of any mechanical PvP and PvE, removing mobs from our map. We use RPR Dice system to resolve fights, bringing our experience much closer to Tabletop D&D.

Not going to flood with links, but you can easily find us on the Internet. Wish you fine journeys in Conan!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vann021 View Post
    Unsure if any of you fine folks still happens to be playing Conan Exiles - but I have something for you if yes!

The community I'm a member of - Conan Exiles server Tierra Nueva - is looking for players interested in roleplaying. It's an English-speaking group of folks. We do prioritise story-building much higher than mechanical elements of gameplay: in fact, we have completely gotten rid of any mechanical PvP and PvE, removing mobs from our map. We use RPR Dice system to resolve fights, bringing our experience much closer to Tabletop D&D.

Not going to flood with links, but you can easily find us on the Internet. Wish you fine journeys in Conan!
    Got a discord or any link to review details?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.