Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    If this is all you want then you are all set because this is true of all three specs in Legion.
    Two specs. Survival is melee, hence not "ranged."

Quote Originally Posted by Windowmaker View Post
    Just just want to play an archer, I don't want any pets.
    Just like what steve said, MM will have the choice of choosing petless or pet. The DPS difference will probably be insanely minimal that it won't really matter, or it could be that Blizzard does this right and they'll both be viable, who knows. Either way, the choice is there.

Edit(OT): Personally, I like the new revamp a lot. It adds some new flavor to the class as well as each spec which hasn't been done in a long time. I kind of wish that the turret stayed, rather than becoming the cobra thing, I liked the idea of it much better and it was also really unique, really want that back, or at least a glyph to make the cobra look like the turret. Either way though, this definitely feels refreshing, especially now that some of survivals old (and fun) abilities have been baked into MM.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-03-18 at 10:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyimin View Post
    Two specs. Survival is melee, hence not "ranged."
    Touche' I was forgetting the pole arm is a melee weapon. ^_^

Touche' I was forgetting the pole arm is a melee weapon. ^_^

[insert other stuff here to meet min character requirement for post lol]

Cant believe we r losing explosive trap knockback and the cool mobility MM had.. What reason is there to continue to play hunter if they take away all the fun stuff.

Druids dont lose their knockback..

Quote Originally Posted by MkGuyver View Post
    Cant believe we r losing explosive trap knockback and the cool mobility MM had.. What reason is there to continue to play hunter if they take away all the fun stuff.

Druids dont lose their knockback..
    Are you saying this focused on PvP? Because as a hunter who also tanks, I *hate* when dps does knockback. Like wtf? I was tanking those guys right where I wanted them and you're knocking them away from me? If we're somewhere like Everbloom, you're pulling other mobs we didn't even need to fight in the process? Please don't. Ever.

Obviously for pvp, no hunter with a clue takes knockback glyph in pve.

God it will be so hard to find a specc that has some finesse and fun to it in legion..

Maybe mage..

I'm not a hunter player. I have one but barely use him. I was thrilled about hunters with all the legion revamp, but I think they have swapped specs. Beast Master should be the one who goes toe to toe with his pet, ala Rexxar, not only you love your beast, but you also have a beast within that makes you go wild. On the other hand Survival is about.. you know.. survival: using traps, being sneaky and using camouflage to fight your foes with the help of your pet... so if you try to be sneaky you don't really want to go melee.

Deleted
    People first cry like a bunch of babies that all classes feel the same, now they change specs completely and it's still bad even though they look awesome and unique what the hell you people make me want to punch a kitten and i love kittens

Quote Originally Posted by Soccio View Post
    People first cry like a bunch of babies that all classes feel the same, now they change specs completely and it's still bad even though they look awesome and unique what the hell you people make me want to punch a kitten and i love kittens
    u understand the difference between classes and specializations yes? ppl wanted unique classes - not butchered speccs

Quote Originally Posted by Soccio View Post
    There's an important distinction to be made between theory and practice, or in this case, execution. Outside of the issue with MM pet vs. non-pet, people are mostly freaking out now because the specs, from a gameplay and feel perspective, are largely a mess. This, in turn, is making people rethink the redesigns themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    The DPS difference will probably be insanely minimal that it won't really matter, or it could be that Blizzard does this right and they'll both be viable, who knows. Either way, the choice is there.
    Yeah, because Lone Wolf was balanced this expansion.

Before the current morons messed up the specs beyond hope I always seen the specs as such and very different.
    MM - less mobile, bigger burst, plant and blow up.
    SV - more mobile, kite and whittle down more.
    BM - Big red chewing your face off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    Yeah, because Lone Wolf was balanced this expansion.
    It was the first expansion with it, I wouldn't have expected it to be balanced, now they have a lot more time to balance it out. Not saying that's what they're going to do, most likely not but it could happen. Not exactly optimistic about it though.

Lone Wolf was in a pretty reasonable spot balance wise for a while. Focusing Shot was often a good pick earlier on, and while Exotic Munitions was never taken I'd argue that's because it was too weak, not necessarily because Lone Wolf was too strong. The problem didn't really start until HFC, where quickly swapping and bursting down targets is a major priority, and where so many fights have opportunities to utilize Chimaera Shot's cleave. I'd also imagine it just outscaled Focusing Shot (when we get so much focus from having a high crit rate we benefit less from Focusing Shot, and particularly in big burst windows when we have rapid fire/legendary ring running), in addition to being easier to use. If they hadn't done SO many other things that propped up Lone Wolf in HFC (and in the future I have to imagine they won't make the same mistakes, at least not as badly) it would seem a lot more balanced.

I've also wondered if we would have been using Focusing Shot as survival if the spec hadn't been obliterated in preparation for the transition to melee (and a raid that plays so heavily to its weaknesses/MM's strengths), but in practice the spec is so dead it wouldn't matter in the balance discussion anyway.
    Last edited by Thursley; 2016-03-23 at 09:21 PM.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MkGuyver View Post
    Obviously for pvp, no hunter with a clue takes knockback glyph in pve..
    I would argue that Glyph of Explosive Trap and Binding Shot could be quite stellar in Challange Modes. Never tested it myself though.

I would argue that Glyph of Explosive Trap and Binding Shot could be quite stellar in Challange Modes. Never tested it myself though.
    Maybe if the tank knows to expect it and knows which direction to anticipate you doing the knockback. Having the mobs you've carefully collected right where you want them scattered in all directions so you have to collect them again is no fun in any mode.

I will miss the build/dump focus management era of cata/mop/wod. However over or understated it was at certain points it was a bit more fun than mana. Legion sounds like it will be a little different (how you build and the rate sounds like it was turned up a lot) but in the end learning what is good and how to be good at something new is part of what expansions are about, for better or worse.

No you're not the only one, there is plenty of morons that share the same view.