Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoclyde View Post
    Jessicka, shut the hell up.

The fact that the moderators have never done anything to you is truly baffling to me. You've pissed and moaned about the new direction of Demonology for long enough. You don't like it. We get it. But stop attacking people that do like the new direction of Demonology with your snarky and condescending comments. Warlock was always intended to be a "pet class" and summoning demons is probably the most signature and iconic ability of the Warlock. Warlocks should have a specialization that revolves around pets. Demonology is returning to its roots and becoming what it was always meant to be.

Sorry that you disagree with that, but I have a suggestion for you. Go play Affliction or Destruction and stop bitching. Or better yet, go play a different class and rid the Warlock forums of your embarrassing and puerile behavior.
    Duly noted. Shame you wouldn't suck up the infraction and post on your main account. You can just ignore my posts, as I have Bacon's - or is that you?

Not that this thread has anything to do with Demo's new direction, since Soul Fire is gone completely in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Lastly, it's looking like Mage or quit for Legion; until then I'm not going to stop asking questions and seeing if the class is going in a direction that might interest me. I've just as much right as you, or anyone else for that matter to do that.

So, go fuck yourself.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-02-12 at 05:46 PM.

Lastly, it's looking like Mage or quit for Legion
    Good riddance. You won't be missed.

I'm not going to stop asking questions and seeing if the class is going in a direction that might interest me. I've just as much right as you, or anyone else for that matter to do that.
    You do have that right. However, you don't have the right to continuously act like some belligerent knob to people just because they have a different opinion than your own. I've seen players on these forums merely state they like Demonology's new direction. They did nothing to you! Yet, you'll assail them with rudeness.

So, go fuck yourself.
    Stay classy, bitch.

How dare she ask questions and have valid concerns about a class she obviously enjoyed. The nerve of some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Lastly, it's looking like Mage or quit for Legion; until then I'm not going to stop asking questions and seeing if the class is going in a direction that might interest me. I've just as much right as you, or anyone else for that matter to do that.
    Didn't you quit for a mage already before WoD where you were spamming forums with how warlocks are destroyed and shattered forever back then?

Honestly, your whining does get old - every time I see your post it is usually about how everything is shit and not the way you want it to be, if you suffer so much - why even play?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Didn't you quit for a mage already before WoD where you were spamming forums with how warlocks are destroyed and shattered forever back then?

Honestly, your whining does get old - every time I see your post it is usually about how everything is shit and not the way you want it to be, if you suffer so much - why even play?
    I did switch to Mage. I was pretty much playing them evenly then ended up back on Warlock though because we had several other Mages and not other Warlocks, and Affliction had been vaguely fixed by then too. And so, I've played Affliction. Is it fun? Kinda okay, gets a bit dull. Is it as fun, like 'my ideal'? Absolutely not, I absolutely think I'd enjoy it a lot more with last expansion's iteration of Demonology. The point is that enjoyment isn't the entirely binary love/hate you seem to present, or maybe feel yourself. There are what? 34 specs in the game, Demonology was the stand out one for me for a long time, that doesn't mean I have abject hate for all the others (except maybe Rogues); I like or dislike them to varying degrees. But I still want to chase that ideal. Of course there are other factors involved too, the encounters, and the people you play with that can make a tolerable spec part of a fun game.

Anywho, since September I've been having a lot of abdominal pains and I can't eat properly (yes, I've seen Doctors, NHS is slow) which has pretty much stopped me from any kind of progress raiding, and so I find myself playing Mage more and more again for what I can, because I actually enjoy playing it more than Warlock.

If people want to make a new account to insult me, as hilarious as it is that they'd go such efforts, they can do I as I suggested in the previous post. I've said I'll give new Demo a chance, I've not written it off and quit already. But I damn will point out things that look wrong with it; and my point of preferring to play a spec rather than watch it is hardly a new one, or did I not bitch hard enough about how underpowered Service and other active abilities had been compared to cosmetic talents?
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-02-12 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    should just give Shadow Bolt to Affliction, you know the 'master of Shadow Magic'

but of course that would make too much sense for the peon warlock designers
    I personally liked Affliction having Shadowbolt. Currently Shadow and Affliction feel too similar, they both slap their DoTs on the target and have "channel" fillers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I am happy to report from my Alpha experience that I don't like the new Demo and honestly I am pretty surprised devs think this iteration will require any less addons than before.

Basically, it's a "pet farmer necromancer" kind of thing gameplay where you try to pull out as many expendable demons as possible and bloody all of them last like 10-20 seconds top, so the turnover is huge and you are literally in a race against the clock to gather enough shards to replenish your short-lived army. You, yourself, are as harmless as a kitten, besides the artifact 1 min skill which does good burst nuke (provided you have big enough zoo) and Shadowbolt proccing the artifact's respectable passive - you might as well not be there. Demonbolt is not bad-ish, but again needs a frikkin' army to do any sort of passable damage - in it's base form it is literally Shadowbolt (that also seems to not benefit from haste for some reason). Hand of Gul'dan does slightly more damage than Shadowbolt with 5 shards used.

In short, I am not a fan. But I am sure there will be tons of people who would like this, because your pets do stomp things, when you have the pet army up and buffed (Power Trip talent is a must really) they can really turn things into minced meat quick.

So for me only Destruction seems to be something I'll like, down to only one spec I would use as Warlock and it's okay really, it's just I really like direct damage big dick nukes and Destruction delivers, if it will be less than stellar than maybe I'll switch to Mage and I won't cry bloody tears about it tbh, because after all Affliction is not what I want and Demonology direction although makes sense, is not what I like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I personally liked Affliction having Shadowbolt. Currently Shadow and Affliction feel too similar, they both slap their DoTs on the target and have "channel" fillers.
    Well if what in Alpha will stay - all Shadow Priests will be taking Mind Spike instead, so the things flipped. 5x Mind Spike > Mind Blast is absolutely hilarious burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if what in Alpha will stay - all Shadow Priests will be taking Mind Spike instead, so the things flipped. 5x Mind Spike > Mind Blast is absolutely hilarious burst.
    That's disappointing if they're standing by that gameplay. I loved Shadow, probably more than Affliction in Cata and MoP, but since Clarity of Power, it just ruined the whole point; and why, because some healers didn't like their off-spec being a DoT rather than a nuke spec? Fucking retarded.

That's disappointing if they're standing by that gameplay. I loved Shadow, probably more than Affliction in Cata and MoP, but since Clarity of Power, it just ruined the whole point; and why, because some healers didn't like their off-spec being a DoT rather than a nuke spec? Fucking retarded.
    Yeah. Only time I played CoP this expansion was Highmaul and tad bit in Blackrock, and some fights in HFC like Kilrogg/Gorefiend where your DoTs don't have a chance to do anything to adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've taken care of things, let's keep it civil from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    should just give Shadow Bolt to Affliction, you know the 'master of Shadow Magic'

but of course that would make too much sense for the peon warlock designers
    I like how people keep harping on this when back in the day affliction warlocks constantly bitched and moaned about having a 'destruction' spell as filler.

If Molten Core changed Shadow Bolt differently to how it changes Soul Fire, then it'd be the same? Okay. The reason for the difference is because managing Soul Fire stacks - you don't just lump off your Soul Fires the moment MC procs (unless you're playing Demonbolt I guess, but that's niche for one talent's playstyle that deliberately removes the need for that management).
    It's all just pressing buttons? The difference might be clogging up action bars / keybinds vs. not clogging up action bars / keybinds. Seeing as Blizzard seems to indulge the casual playerbase, the latter would be the obvious way to go.
    I did it
    I didn't do it
    FAKE NEWS
    What was the question?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeryn View Post
    It's all just pressing buttons? The difference might be clogging up action bars / keybinds vs. not clogging up action bars / keybinds. Seeing as Blizzard seems to indulge the casual playerbase, the latter would be the obvious way to go.
    In case you struggled to understand:

Spell changing to another spell -> No interaction.
    Spell proccing to buff another spell -> Hold on to charges for another proc or low health add on switch, or as per Ice Lance, wait for another target to cleave if you're expecting them.

This is what makes it different to Crit or Multistrike as 'aethetic fun' and turns it into actual gameplay. I've nothing against aesthetic fun, I'll miss Multistrike when its gone because it's visually more exciting than Crit, but in terms of actual gameplay, it adds nothing. A spell turning into another spell is no different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Bolt turning into Touch of Chaos, Hellfire turning into Immolation Aura and HoG turning into Chaos Wave is quite more than just aesthetic... These are gameplay changers.

You are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Bolt turning into Touch of Chaos, Hellfire turning into Immolation Aura and HoG turning into Chaos Wave is quite more than just aesthetic... These are gameplay changers.

You are wrong.
    They changed with a stance, a decision you make, we're talking about a random proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if you get random procs up your gameplay does not change using the same buttons? That is incorrect either.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if you get random procs up your gameplay does not change using the same buttons? That is incorrect either.
    I'm just going to suggest you go back and read the conversation from the start.

The point is colors and physical tempo, really.

Deleted
    I'm going to miss Soulfire + multistrike on demo. Really like the gfx of that especially when you multistrike. TBF I find Demo lacks any kind of sweet green fel fire sadly.

Actually it will be a choice and regardless as it stands currently you won't be able to ignore your dots anymore. Mind spike is now a talent to replace Mind Flay, and it no longer removes dots last alpha build I checked.