Poll: Are you for or against vigilante justice?

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you support vigilante justice?

This idea sparked on another thread where 50 hoodlums cleaned house in a terrorised trainstation.
    Alot of people seem to be against vigilante justice, and i cant help but question Why?
    There seems to be so much hypocracy on this subject.

Whats the first thought you get when you read some big ass criminal got shot somewhere? "Boy i hope the cops did it" or "I dont care who did it, good riddance"?

Are you against or for vigilante justice and why?

edit: Edited a bit because people cant get past the superhero shit.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-01-31 at 05:45 PM.

Because I don't trust an angry mob to act rationally.

Depends on the situation, frankly. The biggest issue is validity of the response (ie, going after the wrong guy)

Totally against it you have a court system for a reason.

Deleted
    No one can say for sure. Most often vigilante justice is bad, but there are some situations where the law is too corrupt to do what has to be done and the people have to turn elsewhere for their safety.

Take a look at Mexico. The law won't touch the drug cartels, so the people organized mobs to get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Why?
    Judge, jury, executioner?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

The people shouldn't be afraid of their government. The government should be afraid of their people!!!
    -V

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    The people shouldn't be afraid of their government. The government should be afraid of their people!!!
    -V
    What about the other people? I would not want to be at the mercy of an angry mob because the angry mob might be in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Depends on the situation, frankly. The biggest issue is validity of the response (ie, going after the wrong guy)
    That always happen when you have extremist rage mixed into the justice keeping they will by default go after the guys they "know" are the bad guys such as people of color etc etc. It is just racist heaven for them since they get to take out the anger they have towards teh groups of people they "know" are the problems

We saw a display of this mentality in Stockholm just a few hours ago how the mentality of these extremists are all about making sure the racism they love become the law of the land

We have a justice system for a reason. If you want to take the law into your own hands, you obviously don't value Western ideals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    That always happen when you have extremist rage mixed into the justice keeping they will by default go after the guys they "know" are the bad guys such as people of color etc etc. It is just racist heaven for them since they get to take out the anger they have towards teh groups of people they "know" are the problems

We saw a display of this mentality in Stockholm just a few hours ago how the mentality of these extremists are all about making sure the racism they love become the law of the land
    Keep race out of this. This isnt about race. This is about bad people getting punished out of the court system.

a mob of people dont care about justice

Deleted
    Justice system failed. State did nothing. Crime keep on getting worse and even police said they can't do shit about it. So yeah i support people taking law in their own hands when police admit they can't do anything.

If state fails to keep you safe when walking the streets someone or something needs to do it. And seeing as you can't arm yourself i guess the second best is organised groups.

Deleted
    Sure, when the police can't protect the people they have to protect themselves.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It depends on if justice is served decently enough without requiring vigilantism. In other words, if the system works, then no. If it doesn't, then yes.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    We have a justice system for a reason. If you want to take the law into your own hands, you obviously don't value Western ideals.
    I do not support less than 2% of crimes getting solved. 8 months detention for manslaughter and rapists getting free after 2 years, no. I dont support Google getting 30 million dollar fines when they screw taxes over by billions. etc.

Neither do i support people like Seph Blatter getting away with everything for the sake of being rich or bill cosby raping women for 40 years while settling for millions. That is our court system.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    I do not support less than 2% of crimes getting solved. 8 months detention for manslaughter and rapists getting free after 2 years, no.
    Neither do i support people like Seph Blatter getting away with everything for the sake of being rich or bill cosby raping women for 40 years.
    No one does so I don't see why you're bringing this up.

The two words are incompatible, so there can't be such a thing.

Therefore - you can't support it or be against it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    No one does so I don't see why you're bringing this up.
    Have you ever taken an interest in crime solving rates? Look it up.
    See if you still have faith in the western justice system and thus our "western ideals".

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    What about the other people? I would not want to be at the mercy of an angry mob because the angry mob might be in the wrong.
    I don't know ask the filmmaker and screenwriter who wrote the quote as a form of entertainment not something to take literally.