Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    Wow, nice kills! Impressive that you got the burst to down Heroic Butcher - don't think it's easy for most classes.
    It helps that elemental still is a beast burst wise if you take haste + ascendance + hero and a deadly grace to top it off. For the orb I'm not sure how it works, but I'm sure I'll get it down when I get some Nighthold loot!

Quote Originally Posted by Feroxxy View Post
    You CANT kill Hanz n Franz as they phase out when they dont have a second target to throw their "tank" to. Best try is 30-40% ish.
    It is very doable, just need to ensure they got a secondary target (wolves / elementals / blademasters or similar) both times they do crippling supplex (the throw).
    They happen on a set percentage, iirc 85% and 35%, just slow dps in between there to make sure CD is ready.
    Last edited by epLe; 2017-01-19 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    It is very doable, just need to ensure they got a secondary target (elementals
    With the buff to Earth Elemental this should definitely be a solution. I'll check out soon.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to farm for the Kor'Kron set from SoO (10 Normal) using Elemental? I assume Enhancement would be better, but I'm partial to casters.

I've only played DH up to this point in the expansion, so I'm pretty unfamiliar with how squishy casters are.

Thanks in advance!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by cafecito820 View Post
    Does anyone know if it would be possible to farm for the Kor'Kron set from SoO (10 Normal) using Elemental? I assume Enhancement would be better, but I'm partial to casters.

I've only played DH up to this point in the expansion, so I'm pretty unfamiliar with how squishy casters are.

Thanks in advance!
    Easily solo'ed on both norm and hc.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Hello everyone. Can anybody give me some tips on soloing Dark Animus 25hc as a shaman(spec/talents/special buffs)? I've tried everything and nothing works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinzuru View Post
    Hello everyone. Can anybody give me some tips on soloing Dark Animus 25hc as a shaman(spec/talents/special buffs)? I've tried everything and nothing works.
    I haven't tried that boss yet, whats going wrong? I assume it can't be the AoE part.

Quote Originally Posted by Feroxxy View Post
    I haven't tried that boss yet, whats going wrong? I assume it can't be the AoE part.
    Pretty much everything is going wrong. I main enh spec right now. I tried just bursting the boss, doesn't work. I tried starting in the corner and killing small adds, I manage to kill 5 or 6 of them and after the rest of them kills me. In my count there are 25 small adds to kill in the room. I have ilvl 861.

Dark Animus 25hc? you just need gear, what works for me is dropping earthbind in the corner on right side of the boss and start on the furthest away corner, then proceed to kill little adds one by one while running (but not in a straight line), you can cheese their super speed - it makes their movement a bit crazy with turns so they don't spam melee attacks as much as they should.
    When you are done with that phase you get another hard part - boss is now completely full on energy and channels massive raid wipe aoe damage which you will need to use your defensives/healing pot/healing on and burn it as quick as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    Dark Animus 25hc? you just need gear, what works for me is dropping earthbind in the corner on right side of the boss and start on the furthest away corner, then proceed to kill little adds one by one while running (but not in a straight line), you can cheese their super speed - it makes their movement a bit crazy with turns so they don't spam melee attacks as much as they should.
    When you are done with that phase you get another hard part - boss is now completely full on energy and channels massive raid wipe aoe damage which you will need to use your defensives/healing pot/healing on and burn it as quick as possible.
    Well, I did some testing today. I changed my spec to elemental and this helped me to go further in the fight. Earth elemental is able to tank the whole room for enough time to destroy small and middle golems. But after I'm left with boss and big golems, I don't survive that part. Elemental artifact ability is very good to kill at least 9 golems from the start.

Well, Dark Animus(25H) is still not doable for me. I'm not sure I will be getting better gear in near future, so I hope I will find some "for dummies" guide or maybe a video of somebody doing it with current talents.

Still struggling with Dark Animus 25H, but there is a fresh video guide on youtube (by Fleshtotem). Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinzuru View Post
    Still struggling with Dark Animus 25H, but there is a fresh video guide on youtube (by Fleshtotem). Enjoy.
    You mean this guide, right?
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    You mean this guide, right?
    Looking forward to giving this a go. Cheers!

So i've started Draenor solo invasion
    Went for Highmaul Myth. Kargath is doable. Brackenspore is ultrasweaty. Butcher and others are out of reach for me.
    On HFC Normal 12/13 are doable. Trick for archimonde is - use hero at 40% and just dps. I really cannot say how to kill gorefiend, sorry.
    Last edited by Geldorath; 2017-03-04 at 04:34 AM.

Sorry hasn't gotten around to replying. Nice job! List updated. Would be happy to see more kills.
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've had some time to play wow again and took the time to kill some bosses in WoD.

HC Gruul
    HC Oregorger
    HC Darmac
    HC Thogar
    HC Maidens

And then server reset time happened More luck next time!

I've just cleared HFC Heroic as Elemental, 926 ilvl, pants and twisting nether ring.

Used earth elemental on 2 fights: Kilrogg and Tyrant Velhari, at the start. Otherwise it wasn't possible because of their stacks.

http://i.imgur.com/nOR7Da8.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMuts View Post
    I've just cleared HFC Heroic as Elemental, 926 ilvl, pants and twisting nether ring.

Used earth elemental on 2 fights: Kilrogg and Tyrant Velhari, at the start. Otherwise it wasn't possible because of their stacks.

http://i.imgur.com/nOR7Da8.jpg
    Out of curiosity, how did you handle Archimonde <40%? Earth elemental, or just burst him down fast?
    Also list updated.

Just solo'ed mythic brf last night as elemental, 940 ilvl with suboptimal gear and prydaz + healing pants