Poll: Who

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if i had to support one or the other, i'd support israel, because not many jews tend to explode at random intervals. i also don't see them forcing countries to adopt their religious law.
    Exactly, muslims and christians can go to Israel without being hunted like animals like they would in many other Islamic countires. They are fighting in self defence, is it really so bad?
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    No the Israelis just sit quite contentedly in Israel happily oppressing/brutalizing another people and stealing their land.
    i'd have some sympathy if they were a modern people.

little more than tribals though? i don't really care.

Neither of them.

I support peace. But I also think that the existance of Israel itself is core reason of the whole ordeal, it simply shouldnt exist. As long as Israel exists there will be war in the region. In the end the end result is always the same - Israel being destroyed by Arabs, doesnt matter which country they represent (there is a whole bunch of options because Israel have made enemies with most of them). I just hope that hate wont rise to the point there while destroying a state and reclaiming their land those people will also slaughter the whole population, I just hope it wont end up in a nuclear war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    Palestine was never a country, and its areas orginally belonged to the jews in the first place.
    1> The British Mandate of Palestine was a "thing".
    2> The Jewish peoples weren't the first to inhabit the region, if you're going by that rule. And by that argument, North America should kick out all the non-Native Americans.

There isnt a country for the world religion of Jewishism. China and Japan are Buddhism. India has Hinduism, Entire middle east and nearly everything of Africa is muslim, Europe and North and south america is christian, and jews still doesent have anything.
    This is not an accurate way to phrase things. Religions aren't "owed" a country. And many of your examples are nonsense; India also has Sikhs and Muslims and so forth. The only European nations that are overtly Christian in any respect are Vatican City and, arguably, the United Kingdom (due to the state sect of Anglicanism). China may have Bhuddists, but they're only about 15% of the population, at most.

Plus, where's the Zoroastrian nation? The Spiritist nation? The Jainist? It just doesn't make any sense.

I think there's enough bad behaviour on both sides by the leaderships to not support either, but in more general terms, I definitely think there needs to be one of two solutions in the long term; either a two-state solution, or an integrated state which is neither Jewish nor Muslim in character, overtly.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd have some sympathy if they were a modern people.

little more than tribals though? i don't really care.
    You deal with an occupying force attacking your society for fifty years and see how well your society does at the end of it. Doesn't excuse Palestinian failures though and they have to bear responsibility for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll throw my support behind the innocents on both sides of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

if i had to support one or the other, i'd support israel, because not many jews tend to explode at random intervals. i also don't see them forcing countries to adopt their religious law.
    You could've also just said that you suppoert Israel, beacuse you hate Islam.

This is, frankly, way too complicated a situation to boil down to supporting one over the other. I'm not indifferent, I just recognize for what it is: a giant clusterfuck in which both sides have valid points and have done really shitty things to each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    I support peace. But I also think that the existance of Israel itself is core reason of the whole ordeal, it simply shouldnt exist. As long as Israel exists there will be war in the region. In the end the end result is always the same - Israel being destroyed by Arabs, doesnt matter which country they represent (there is a whole bunch of options because Israel have made enemies with most of them). I just hope that hate wont rise to the point there while destroying a state and reclaiming their land those people will also slaughter the whole population, I just hope it wont end up in a nuclear war.
    Israel appeared at the only moment it could have, when international sympathy for Zionism and the plight of the Jews was at it's height and the whole international order was in flux.

But now that it exists, wishing for it's destruction in a act of moral evil. Israel is a nation and it deserves to survive. However that should not be at the expense of another people...or at more of their expense as you can't turn the clock back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    2> The Jewish peoples weren't the first to inhabit the region, if you're going by that rule. And by that argument, North America should kick out all the non-Native Americans.
    It's also stupid when people claim that Jews should have the region due to historical ties, as they claimed to have won it by conquest, which would give Turks more of a claim than they do.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    You could've also just said that you suppoert Israel, beacuse you hate Islam.
    i don't hate it all together, i hate some aspects of it and those aspects should change to fit in more with the modern world like christianity and judaism has done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    This is, frankly, way too complicated a situation to boil down to supporting one over the other. I'm not indifferent, I just recognize for what it is: a giant clusterfuck in which both sides have valid points and have done really shitty things to each other.
    I agree. I'm not indifferent, even though I've voted that way, I just think having outsiders act as enablers to two sides who are both morally wrong isn't helping matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Let me tell you a story. I went to school in Omagh. It's a small town in Northern Ireland most famous for this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omagh_bombing
    Israel shall take note, if you are doing peace talks and a splinter fraction start a new wave of violence you do not stomp the orginal group you negotiate with, that play right into the hands of the splinter fraction...... Real IRA did die out becuse the englich did not get provoced......

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    1> The British Mandate of Palestine was a "thing".

This is not an accurate way to phrase things. Religions aren't "owed" a country. And many of your examples are nonsense; India also has Sikhs and Muslims and so forth. The only European nations that are overtly Christian in any respect are Vatican City and, arguably, the United Kingdom (due to the state sect of Anglicanism). China may have Bhuddists, but they're only about 15% of the population, at most.

Plus, where's the Zoroastrian nation? The Spiritist nation? The Jainist? It just doesn't make any sense.

I think there's enough bad behaviour on both sides by the leaderships to not support either, but in more general terms, I definitely think there needs to be one of two solutions in the long term; either a two-state solution, or an integrated state which is neither Jewish nor Muslim in character, overtly.
    Give me a break

I am going by Religion, and if you're saying it's not real, then you're probably right, but many believe in religion, and according to them they say that said land belongs to them.

Religions may not owned by a specific country, but they are more religion friendly kind of, idk. I know a guy who knows another guy. His wife got her eyes burned out in Turkey because she was christian and not muslim. The religions you mentioned above are not big enough to have their own religions neither do they have such a terrible and sad backstory.
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    I am going by Religion, and if you're saying it's not real, then you're probably right, but many believe in religion, and according to them they say that said land belongs to them.
    We shouldn't take religious claims into account when deciding who gets what, as it creates major problems when everybody claims it.

Israel was given permission to exist by the UN, that is why the nation exists, not religious claims.

They should both move to USA and open shoe stores and hair salons.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkon View Post
    This is why I consider palestinians the legitimate citizens of this land, the actual israel is the result of a mass-migration of zionit jews around the world who claim that god promised them the land from river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promised_Land

Now, Israelis use words like "holocaust" and "Antisemitism" to justify their crimes against the palestinian people who still fights for his land.

Israel is not different than the ISIS terrorists who belive that killing innocents pleases god.
    Last edited by zura; 2016-01-31 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support British colonization! Ahah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I support British colonization! Ahah!
    We didn't want it then, we certainly don't want it now.