Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Dalaran - Where's the Ashran camp portal?

It's great that the city portals are up in Dalaran in the alpha and even include a Shrine portal, and it completely makes sense that the Shattrath portal has moved to the new central portal room. Makes total sense for a neutral city.

My question though: Where's the Stormshield/Warspear portals? Is this something they've neglected to consider? People might want quick and easy access to their faction camps from Dalaran. Makes even more sense considering it'll be the second-most-recent content in the game.

Alternatively, why not a portal to our Garrisons? We could always port to Ashran from there. Thoughts?
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because everyone gets a garrison hearthstone. Although, unless it gets made into a toy, people might not keep it...

Ashran nor your garrison isn't a part of this expansion so there won't be any portals. And I thought that's what your garrison hs is for?

I don't know if they plan on doing a new world PvP zone in Legion. But if they do that a portal will most likely be in Dalaran.

There is also no news of the portals making it to the live version.
    Last edited by babyback; 2016-01-31 at 11:26 PM.

Cus no one wants to ever see either of those places ever again.

They want us to get as far from WoD as possible. They realize how it has scarred us.

Don't see why it would be necessary when we all have Garrison hearthstones, and there is a direct portal to Ashran in Stormwind and Orgrimmar already.

Unsure off why its not there, confused me for awhile as I was running around. At the moment, it looks like going through the intro quests is the only way to get there on alpha. Mages only have a portal to Org/SW on alpha.

Edit: Just Kidding, Archmage Khadgar isn't by the Dark Portal to continue the quests. It just be full disabled, I'll try the teleport on Timeless Isle.
    Last edited by Hamanis; 2016-02-01 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    Unsure off why its not there, confused me for awhile as I was running around. At the moment, it looks like going through the intro quests is the only way to get there on alpha. Mages only have a portal to Org/SW on alpha.

Edit: Just Kidding, Archmage Khadgar isn't by the Dark Portal to continue the quests. It just be full disabled, I'll try the teleport on Timeless Isle.
    Just walk through the portal. You can even get a garrison!

I thought demon hunters would get tier 3 garrisons since they'll be playable in WoD weeks before Legion.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    It's great that the city portals are up in Dalaran in the alpha and even include a Shrine portal, and it completely makes sense that the Shattrath portal has moved to the new central portal room. Makes total sense for a neutral city.

My question though: Where's the Stormshield/Warspear portals? Is this something they've neglected to consider? People might want quick and easy access to their faction camps from Dalaran. Makes even more sense considering it'll be the second-most-recent content in the game.

Alternatively, why not a portal to our Garrisons? We could always port to Ashran from there. Thoughts?
    There's a portal to Warspear in Org/Stormwind, so at worst its an extra 15 seconds to that port from where the portal to your capital drops you.

And there already is a portal to your garrison: use your mage follower. Their tier 3 ability is a portal to your garrison. Port to Org > Warspear > take port to Vol'mar, click Vivianne, portal to garrison.

And oh yeah.. Garrison Hearth AND Shipyard hearth.

Getting back to WoD content is not exactly rough.

The real question is why you'd actually want to return to Ashran after Legion launches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    ^ literally this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The real question is why you'd actually want to return to Ashran after Legion launches.
    and this too lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Dont care about Asharan.. dont care about pvp in general, but I have more than a reason to going back to Dreanor.

Unless Blizzard will remove Pet Battle daily/tamer/squirty/weekly quests, Draenor will remain relevant for us petbattle-maniacs.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

7+ Year Old Account
    this. so much this.
    i'd rather burn than set a foot into assran or the crappison again.

Formerly known as Arafal

More importantly: where's the Dalaran portal to Dalaran?

Deleted
    Why on earth would anyone wanna go back there? Im actually surprised that they leave the content as it is and dont just let the screen fade away once a player reaches lvl90 and let him awaken seconds later at lvl100 in Orgrimmar or Stormwind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol at all these baddies going "wtf why you want go crappran".

Mounts, achievements, pets, toys, ect. Despite the complete disappointment Draenor turned out to be, it represents a fairly large amount of collectibles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    What the...
    Oh, I get it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you're thinking with portals!

I guess it's already easy enough to get to Ashran. But then most of the other places are easy enough to get to as well. Maybe it's just an oversight.

7+ Year Old Account
    You means the Dalaran portal to Dalaran or Dalaran portal to Dalaran?
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat