Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mckamey Manor: Most controversial videos on youtube?

I'm honestly surprised I haven't found this until today, but I guess it's well hidden.

This youtube channel, McKameyManor, has many videos of its "haunted house" of the same name. The owner runs it mainly out of his backyard. It attracts people from all over the world to take its challenged: survive for 8 hours.

After watching just a few videos I was shocked that 1. this was legal and 2. this was allowed on youtube. Apparently the only reason it's legal is because of the waiver they sign before it begins.

The owner of it(an old family man) calls it a haunted house, but it's more akin to being tortured until you're physically unable to continue.

Such trials they put you through are: shaving, slapping, punching, cutting, gagging, force feeding, pulling teeth, waterboarding, bleeding, and more.

And the owner is there to film it all for his pleasure. Some bits are cut out because he "isn't allowed to show"

The current wait list to participate is over 20,000. The price of admission is cans of dog food for the owner's dogs.

The Guardian's video on it (NSFW): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvCzXSjujkE

The channel in question (NSFW): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsa...dC36muQ6X_V6GQ

Many believe that despite the waiver it should be illegal and shut down.

A participant speaks out: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...-conversation/

Youtube channel aiming to expose McKamey: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZa...HEhYvjA/videos

So what are your thoughts on it?

Should this be illegal despite the waiver?

Should those involved in the tortures be arrested?

Is the owner of the house right in the head?

What is the prize? Cause if it isn't a few million( like at least 10 million after taxes) these people are morons.

With that out of the way, I feel better about morons subjecting themselves to torture. Would be interesting to see if they still sign up if a few die.

I bet the idiots would.

- no. Not illegal so liking as applicants are verified sane and of legal age.
    - those doing the torture should not be arrested. Only yes if they do it against people's will.
    - the owner is brilliant. He should charge money too though.

Reminds me of the German cannibal guy. His, willing, victim signed "waivers" too but yeah...

This is retarded. Everyone involved in this needs to be institutionalized.

Are you telling me you Westerners willingly subject yourselves to this shit for fun? You'll motherfuckers need a good old fashioned war in your own backyard.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2016-01-31 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of those tough calls because while I have NO problem with the law shutting this down. Ethically it's another matter. If someone dies it should be a murder charge and if someone is damaged severely there should be a charge.

However until or unless that happens, I think the community and participants have to decide.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roostercogburn View Post
    What is the prize? Cause if it isn't a few million( like at least 10 million after taxes) these people are morons.

With that out of the way, I feel better about morons subjecting themselves to torture. Would be interesting to see if they still sign up if a few die.

I bet the idiots would.

- no. Not illegal so liking as applicants are verified sane and of legal age.
    - those doing the torture should not be arrested. Only yes if they do it against people's will.
    - the owner is brilliant. He should charge money too though.
    The prize is bragging rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Reminds me of the German cannibal guy. His, willing, victim signed "waivers" too but yeah...

As shady as that sounds. If I was at a dinner party, with cops and normal folks. And someone stood up and said that they will offer their bodies to be eaten. Signed the waiver, got a head check and wqs verified to not be under duress... I'd let them get eaten.

#notashamed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    The prize is bragging rights.
    I'm good on that. Bragging rights are overrated. Id love to meet someone who did this. So I can tell them I faced actual death and did not even have to be multilayer for it. I'd then show them my perfect teeth and walk away.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was reading about this back in Halloween.

Shit's intense, but there's a market for it.

It's hard to glean from his yotube videos, but it does seem like he does legitimately illegal things to these people. I'm not familiar with US legal laws, but I do know that you cannot legally agree to do anything illegal in the UK, for example water boarding is always illegal no matter what the circumstance, is this not true for America?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Wow. This looks cool as heck.

Awesome find. Never heard of this before...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    It's hard to glean from his yotube videos, but it does seem like he does legitimately illegal things to these people. I'm not familiar with US legal laws, but I do know that you cannot legally agree to do anything illegal in the UK, for example water boarding is always illegal no matter what the circumstance, is this not true for America?
    Call me a creep for this, but I wonder something.

If people actually pay for this shit, and there is a waiting list. Is it possible for him to include sex in this too? I mean, why not get your rocks off too right? And yes yes. He would have to bang dudes too to eliminate sexism. Fair is fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it is as long as it isn't murder/drugs.

There's a market in the U.S. for "fake kidnappings" which are completely legal. Essentially you pay the group to literally stalk and kidnap you, take you to an undisclosed location and just dump you there for a bit. It's all for the thrills.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I don't think it is as long as it isn't murder/drugs.

There's a market in the U.S. for "fake kidnappings" which are completely legal. Essentially you pay the group to literally stalk and kidnap you, take you to an undisclosed location and just dump you there for a bit. It's all for the thrills.
    Very bizarre, I respect your free market for providing this, I do worry for any legal ramifications though.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Very bizarre, I respect your free market for providing this, I do worry for any legal ramifications though.
    That's why there's 500 waivers and about a dozen different safe words :P

If you look at any of these experiences, the participants are CONTINUALLY asked if they want to say the safe word/quit. And I mean, every time something "new" is about to happen, they are asked, so that's about every 5-15 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account

If you look at any of these experiences, the participants are CONTINUALLY asked if they want to say the safe word/quit. And I mean, every time something "new" is about to happen, they are asked, so that's about every 5-15 minutes.
    The waivers also say that there is no way to quit. If you say you quit, they still go on with the event. I think the only reason they ask that is to check if you're still conscious. If not, then they pull you out.

From the channel trailer: "No quitting, no exceptions." - "No safe words". And a bunch of crying people begging to go home to their loved ones.

This seems to be a rather silly thing to want to be experienced. But if people got money to spend and people are taking money to provide, who am I to judge.

Why would you put yourself through that? lol

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I understand this and support it, but doesn't that kinda cheapen the thrill?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    From the channel trailer: "No quitting, no exceptions." - "No safe words". And a bunch of crying people begging to go home to their loved ones.

This seems to be a rather silly thing to want to be experienced. But if people got money to spend and people are taking money to provide, who am I to judge.
    The only entry fee is dog food. Owner doesn't charge a penny. Literally no reason to do it for either party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    The waivers also say that there is no way to quit. If you say you quit, they still go on with the event. I think the only reason they ask that is to check if you're still conscious. If not, then they pull you out.
    I just meant in general, this is by no means the exception. There's a handful of experiences like that. Haunted Hoochie is another one.