Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Opinion is Shit View Post
    /shrug

We should mind our own business.
    We've tried that many times in our past, sometimes it'll ultimately come to us instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    But Boko Haram isn't performing terrorist attacks in Europe or USA, so the West doesn't care. Sad.
    It shouldn't be our countries job to be the world police. We have our own issues, sure we help here and there, but honestly even that can be too much sometimes. Are we supposed to just send troops over to fix the problem? no. We can try diplomacy, as we usually have and usually do. But clearly that won't work here. Why doesn't another part of the world step up and clean up someone elses mess for once.

And if we DID go and intervene, we'd be shit on for causing more of a mess.

Literally lose/lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ugotownd View Post
    Guess Hillary should have added them to the terrorist watch list when the FBI an CIA told her to. Another fail for Monica's ex-boyfriend's wife.
    responses like this just make me lol. Can't wait for Hillary to win, and take on the gun lobby :3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The question being what people of a given religion are willing to do in the name of their religion, time doesn't matter. Also the idea that they are somehow supposed to catch up on "level" of culture is inane when you consider that said "level" does not just progresss and for most places in the world (including the west) occasional violent culture regression that takes centuries to resolve is a historical norm.
    Of course time matters. You refer to things that occurred CENTURIES ago. And you conveniently forget about the armed aggression/invasion perpetrated against Europe by Muslims. All of the Abrahamic faiths have history that is "problematic".
    The difference is that Christianity in large part underwent its "reformation" or "awakening" periods centuries ago and is no longer militant or spread by the sword/forced conversion. there are individual exceptions of course but no large scale Christian movement exists to "CONQUER" the world in the name of "JESUS".
    On the other hand there are literally dozens of heavily armed Islamic based groups that are conducting armed conflicts,insurgencies,terrorism and conspiracies to weaken and overthrow Govt's and destroy non Muslim peoples in the name of "Allah". No it's not all Muslims by any means but no other religion on earth at this time has such a persistent and pervasive problem with extremism and violence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I have to say, I love how an article about the atrocities by the Boko Haram immediately turns into an issue of US policy. I wonder what it feels like, waking up every day thinking everything revolves around your country.
    the rest of the world seems to think so. When we take action we are criticized. When we fail to act we are criticized. Every decision or move we make is analyzed and scrutinized and used for political advantage by our enemies and friends alike. When there's a crisis the world looks to us to lead and take the point EVERY TIME. So i wonder why we feel that way? it's a mystery i know