Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ...
    Find me a living slavery victim and I'll help them file the law suit against a living former slave owner myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    The UN is nothing but a soapbox for little, oppressive governments to use to project their public's ire onto the big target that's far away instead of the local one that's actually responsible for their misery. Several UN member nations have slavery today, happening right now. But instead we're hearing about something 150 years old that was paid for with 600,000 human beings worth of blood, of course ignoring the enormous number of black Americans who are not descended from slaves and the white ones who either A) fought for abolition or B) got off the boat after the Civil War.

This is a fake issue, a distraction from real atrocities that are happening right now.
    The United States is not only a founding member of the United Nations, but it has a permanent member seat on the Security Council, granting it both exclusive voting rights on binding resolutions in addition to veto power which is exclusively the domain of permanent Security Council seats.

The only other nations that are also permanent members of the Security Council are the victorious great powers in World War 2, France, the UK, Russia, and China.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Find me a living slavery victim and I'll help them file the law suit against a living former slave owner myself.
    Classic, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what you're saying is we should put the secessionist states back under federal control.

I support this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfingers View Post
    The United States is not only a founding member of the United Nations, but it has a permanent member seat on the Security Council, granting it both exclusive voting rights on binding resolutions in addition to veto power which is exclusively the domain of permanent Security Council seats.

The only other nations that are also permanent members of the Security Council are the victorious great powers in World War 2, France, the UK, Russia, and China.

- - - Updated - - -

Classic, lol.
    Well by all means, set the example and write a check yourself.

My family immigrated here long after slavery was eliminated. I have no obligation to pay anyone shit.

Deleted
    Classic, lol.
    Do you support kin liabillity?

- - - Updated - - -

Classic, lol.
    Hint: It's the nukes. Having nukes is what puts you permanently on the security council.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Hint: It's the nukes. Having nukes is what puts you permanently on the security council.
    might be time to add Israel, Pakistan and India to the permanent members then...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    might be time to add Israel, Pakistan and India to the permanent members then...
    Actually it looks like you are right, disregard what I said.

Deleted
    Why should I have to pay towards things I never did?

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well by all means, set the example and write a check yourself.

My family immigrated here long after slavery was eliminated. I have no obligation to pay anyone shit.
    You miss the second part of my comment?

My own ancestor hopped over the Canadian border and joined the Union Army in time for the Civil War. I think my dad said to me the first time he saw a black person was when he joined the marines.

I wasn't suggesting anything about you owing anybody shit. In fact, I agree with you, I was just correcting that in fact the United Nations is basically a USA-pet project created under the direction of the USA, and if anyone has control over it, it's the US. This little piddly-shit "UN panel" has no power, no authority, and basically the USA will fart in their general direction. They're too small to even be laughed at.