Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Uploading a Boss video, gona take a while I only have 20mb Upload.

the AA doesn't mater for this equation because its all depends on the GPU, the results would be better with a 980ti or a TitanX. My points its about the CPU power and some ppl saying on the 970 thread that no computer with one could do 60+ fps@ultra in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I think its time to end this myth once and for all. In some threads I posted some ppl would just not believe me, actualy it runs with no less than 100fps with everything absolutely maxed you can check the FPS on the top bar or on the Afterburner stats along with the CPU work distribution

My computer is not some super machine is just handpicked for performance on the CPU and IO, the graphics card is just a 970 that doesn't even break a sweat

Intel i7 6700k at 4.5ghz
    16GB of DDR4 at 3.0 Ghz
    PCIe nvme SSD 950 pro

The pug even has more people than a mythic raid, I normally dont raid with Shadows at ultra(pointless for raiding) cause I try to keep 144fps, but to prove a point I turned every single setting to the max for the purpose of this demonstration.

wow what a bad ui you have.
    Maybe try upgrading to zperls unit frames and bartender4.

as far as the FPS what myth are you trying to bust?

edit ah i see...

the AA doesn't mater for this equation because its all depends on the GPU, the results would be better with a 980ti or a TitanX. My points its about the CPU power and some ppl saying on the 970 thread that no computer with one could do 60+ fps@ultra in raids.
    Well thats funny wow is not about the gpu never has been its about the cpu. As far as a 970 I would hope it does my 750ti and intel extreme quad core 2.67mhz cpu allows me to hit 72fps in raids but I do turn one setting off just cuz I don't like it shadow as it drops my fps down tremendously in raids if its on but everything else is ultra so meh.
    Last edited by Nakotsu; 2016-02-03 at 09:58 PM.

You can get 60 fps + at Ultra during raids, but you CAN NOT maintain 60+ fps without it ever dipping below that, blood lust phase alone will prove this in most cases.
    Personally i can maintain what i would call `flawless` fps during raids @ Ultra but at some points it does definitely drop below 60 fps, even if it's only to 50, it's still dropped below 60 fps.

So, youre not playing on Ultra.

Move that goalpost. Fast as you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    You might be able to make an argument that "it's not ultra if it's not maxed out, including AA"

But if you have comprehended how SSAA works, and what tremendously little there is to gain from it compared to the cost, it should be making sense that it is OK to skip that one.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha, I love how IMMEDIATELY, the first two posts, are a double-moderator of the computer forums beatdown followed by numerous regulars/people who have been in computers for a long long time. Ahhh, hilarious. XD

I'll add this:

Not even a raid environment, but you can see as he adds the effects, it really shows how WoW is coded not to take much advantage of the CPU and thus in raid (high-AOE effect/many particles, etc) you cannot sustain a constant 60 fps. Sorry, go home, better luck next time.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Hahahaha, I love how IMMEDIATELY, the first two posts, are a double-moderator of the computer forums beatdown followed by numerous regulars/people who have been in computers for a long long time. Ahhh, hilarious. XD

I'll add this:

Not even a raid environment, but you can see as he adds the effects, it really shows how WoW is coded not to take much advantage of the CPU and thus in raid (high-AOE effect/many particles, etc) you cannot sustain a constant 60 fps. Sorry, go home, better luck next time.
    Amazed this was not linked earlier.

My brother played wow briefly and did a bit of 20-man mythic. His PC is quite a bit better than yours OP, and even he dropped below 60 fps on Xhul.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Amazed this was not linked earlier.

My brother played wow briefly and did a bit of 20-man mythic. His PC is quite a bit better than yours OP, and even he dropped below 60 fps on Xhul.
    Even though the video is old, it's still very relevant. Also, yeah, I was surprised it wasn't shown! It's a pretty much bull's eye your argument sucks this thread is over video.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the sorta thing I expect DX12/Vulkan would fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    That's the sorta thing I expect DX12/Vulkan would fix.
    You don't need a low level API to fix that, they just need to add particle batching to the engine (something Unity supports for example).

I'd wager that using the same CPU, the same AA, and with ultra settings, you'd get identical FPS if you swapped out your 970 for a 770. Point is your card is a really good card.

The argument was never meant to put people down. It was meant to warn people not to have great expectations. For instance, a poster would ask for suggestions to run WoW on 4k 60 fps all the time, or 1080p constant 60+ fps. People would respond "impossible!" Their response is usually not very convincing, delivery wise, and sometimes borders on pretentious. Poster dismisses them as asses because of his/her own anecdotal evidence. Cuz you never know, said poster may not have been presented with FPS stressing scenarios. The argument has always been to not be disheartened when you spend $3000 on a rig and then see your FPS dip to 50 for a few seconds.

Now even if you upload a video of a full boss fight where your FPS never drops below 60, you won't convince anyone of anything, at least not the ones here opposed to your argument. They'll find holes. If not, it will be blamed on the lack of skillz from the raid cuz not enough effects going out. In short, your video won't explain why rigs that are MUCH better than yours struggle. That said, it's already known why they struggle. In my opinion, forget about this. It's lame to be ganged up on by so many posters Take your time, kill bosses. During the intensive fights where you know everyone is trying to maximize their output, watch your FPS. The argument has always been that it's okay if your FPS drops during that point, which happens to everyone even if your rig runs Witcher 3 at max FPS all the time on 4k.

P.S. long-windedness is a bitch.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Nice try OP.
    Gotta love them clueless people for a quick comedy fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    The argument has always been to not be disheartened when you spend $3000 on a rig and then see your FPS dip to 50 for a few seconds..
    Not only that, but also to dissuade people from spending $3000 in an attempt to do so, when a $800 rig will do the same thing.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    That video tho is a little old before they pushed load from cpu to gpu. It did make a difference, when you would drop to 40-45fps now it only drops to 55. Also they moved alot of flashy stuff away that also reduced the load and what happens there is unrealistic with 1k frost particles. Additionally the stat squish also helped alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    That video tho is a little old before they pushed load from cpu to gpu.
    Huh? When did this happen? Cite it please.

Deleted
    It came with Draenor which was released november 2014 wasn't it? The video is almost 1year before that, go to battlenet and check it, everybody knows that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Always thought the argument was that the human eye can't really perceive passed 60fps so it was a moot point.
    Also, it makes a difference if you are talking about going 200 fps for the sake of high fps or obtaining a solid 60fps than never drops below 60 fps. It's true most people won't see a different if you keep a solid 60...but most people can't, it's better if your PC can handle 100fps so it has room to deal with stress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Also, it makes a difference if you are talking about going 200 fps for the sake of high fps or obtaining a solid 60fps than never drops below 60 fps. It's true most people won't see a different if you keep a solid 60...but most people can't, it's better if your PC can handle 100fps so it has room to deal with stress.
    most people only have 60Hz monitors so yeah :P

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Not only that, but also to dissuade people from spending $3000 in an attempt to do so, when a $800 rig will do the same thing.
    I fully agree. Though when have the helpful financially conscious people of this forum ever successfully persuade people into the much cheaper option? >< I mean, it happens, but I feel it's rare. It's like "how dare you tell me to spend $800 when my purse has 3k to squander!"
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    I fully agree. Though when have the helpful financially conscious people of this forum ever successfully persuade people into the much cheaper option? >< I mean, it happens, but I feel it's rare. It's like "how dare you tell me to spend $800 when my purse has 3k to squander!"
    It's also the fact that many financially conscious people on this forum also like to spend vast amounts of money on components despite the lack of real world application. *cough*

(contributing to the thread by semi-relevant sig from before WoD launch)