Running out of space for transmogs. Any ideas on how to alleviate this?

And the worst part is I'm only level 96!

Is there any clever way I can get more space? I've maxed out my Void Storage and bank.

My bags are only 22 slot and I have a bugger bag recipe from Cata that I never properly exploited. Any Panda and Draenor bags that are relatively easy to get and make?

Buy legion and wait for it.

30 slot bags are cheap. Buy those.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post

Is there any clever way I can get more space? I've maxed out my Void Storage and bank.

My bags are only 22 slot and I have a bugger bag recipe from Cata that I never properly exploited. Any Panda and Draenor bags that are relatively easy to get and make?
    30(?) slot from WoD roughly 1k on ah on my server or less than 5 days to make (assuming only crafting daily and not using no cd for cloth)

Get a guild bank and start filling it with BOEs that match your soulbounds.
    Check to see if any of your soulbound goodies use the same appearance, you'll only need one.
    Vend anything that will be easy to replace.

There's a method you can try albeit it's a bit risky and maybe illegal.. MAYBE

You can grab a bunch of your transmog stuff and delete it.. YES! DELETE IT!

THEN you open the Help tab and go to the Restore Items feature, select all the stuff you deleted and have it restored..

It will be sent to your mailbox and you can store it there! Rinse and repeat

BEWARE THO:

1. You can only Restore Items once a month
    2. Like I said at the beginning this could be illegal if exploited so don't abuse it, Legion is around the corner anyway.
    3. Personally I never tried this but I knew a few people who did so proceed at your own risk.
    4. I don't know if the items in the Mailbox have the 30 days expiration or not, so be careful about that too
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    WoD is worse than leveling in Hellfire Peninsula in a PvP Server where your faction sucks.

You should be able to get rid of all quest items, since those will (should) be unlocked for you when Legion transmog system hits. At least from what I remember, they said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

You can get a 28 slot bag from a quest for the Grummles in Kun Lai, between Kota Basecamp and Onekeg. It'll only help a bit but it's something if you want to save a pennies on 2 more slots you'd get with a Hexweave Bag.

Delete easily obtainable items from dungeons and such you can just reset and run over and over again.
    Delete quest rewards.
    Use altoholic, if you have alts, you can easily see if you have duplicate items.
    Mother pus bucket!

Upgrading your bags is a very easy solution. With a 700 skill tailor and a level 2 or higher constantly supplied Tailoring building with a level 100 follower assigned you get a minimum of 308 Hexweave cloth per week. You'll get at least 3 max size bags each week this way (100 cloth per bag and 20 sorcerous earth). You can get additional Hexweave by using rush orders from missions (require a level 3 building to pop up?) and the Primal Weaving recipe.
    Getting the materials to keep it running isn't very hard. The more alts you have the easier it gets. Cloth can be bought from a trader at the trading post in exchange for garrison resources. Prices vary per trader and they come in a fixed order I believe, it pays off to wait until the right trader is present. If you're lacking in garrison resources you can also build a barn on a character, assign a follower to it and keep it stocked. Keeping the work orders filled with mighty caged wolves on a single barn produces far more cloth than you'll use. Sorcerous earth is abundant if you have some alts with a shipyard. If you have an alchemist you can transmute other sorcerous elements into earth. Everything but earth rarely AHs for more than 5 gold (on my realm at least).

If you have any profession bags in your bank, ditch those. Store the materials in your reagent tab or on an alt. Any items that are still BoE should also be stored on an alt. You can get more storage on those alts by making a guild. Just offer a few hundred gold per signature and you should have enough very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post

I've been running old dungeons on alts and deleting the appropriate gear form my main. Ie my main is a shaman so any mail gear that's not shaman specific that drops for my hunter gets deleted, and weapons, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by This Sesshomaru View Post
    There's a method you can try albeit it's a bit risky and maybe illegal.. MAYBE

You can grab a bunch of your transmog stuff and delete it.. YES! DELETE IT!

THEN you open the Help tab and go to the Restore Items feature, select all the stuff you deleted and have it restored..

It will be sent to your mailbox and you can store it there! Rinse and repeat

BEWARE THO:

1. You can only Restore Items once a month
    2. Like I said at the beginning this could be illegal if exploited so don't abuse it, Legion is around the corner anyway.
    3. Personally I never tried this but I knew a few people who did so proceed at your own risk.
    4. I don't know if the items in the Mailbox have the 30 days expiration or not, so be careful about that too
    I use this method occasionally, because I am constantly low on free space, and have the largest bags in all slots in connection with a full void storage. Items stay in the mailbox for 90 days.

I also have vendored many items from my main where I have a duplicate or similar looking item on an alt. For example, you can get normal FL gear with gold now, so you need not to keep this in your banks. Even heroic gear is easy to replace because FL is easy with a decent geared lvl 100 character.

Any item which is not unique (like random world drops who look nice but are not that rare) can be stored at an alt or in a guild bank and used later.

And if you like the risk, than you can sell some items you probably would not miss much at the start of your gaming session an reaquire them later if you decide that you want to keep them a bit longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Upgrading your bags is a very easy solution. With a 700 skill tailor and a level 2 or higher constantly supplied Tailoring building with a level 100 follower assigned you get a minimum of 308 Hexweave cloth per week. You'll get at least 3 max size bags each week this way (100 cloth per bag and 20 sorcerous earth). You can get additional Hexweave by using rush orders from missions (require a level 3 building to pop up?) and the Primal Weaving recipe.
    Getting the materials to keep it running isn't very hard. The more alts you have the easier it gets. Cloth can be bought from a trader at the trading post in exchange for garrison resources. Prices vary per trader and they come in a fixed order I believe, it pays off to wait until the right trader is present. If you're lacking in garrison resources you can also build a barn on a character, assign a follower to it and keep it stocked. Keeping the work orders filled with mighty caged wolves on a single barn produces far more cloth than you'll use. Sorcerous earth is abundant if you have some alts with a shipyard. If you have an alchemist you can transmute other sorcerous elements into earth. Everything but earth rarely AHs for more than 5 gold (on my realm at least).

If you have any profession bags in your bank, ditch those. Store the materials in your reagent tab or on an alt. Any items that are still BoE should also be stored on an alt. You can get more storage on those alts by making a guild. Just offer a few hundred gold per signature and you should have enough very quickly.
    This is also helpful. Waiting for the right trader in the trading post is quite important. At the wrong trader, you pay 10 resources per 1 material. The best price goes down to 4 resources per 1 material. This is a huge difference if you stock up in 100 or 200 amouts of materials - up to a delta of 600 resources. I usually don't buy materials above the cost of 6, and if I do, then only the smallest amount I need (for jewelcrafting dailys, for example). With 3-6 scavenger followers, I am usually resource-capped, so I can afford to buy at an expensive cost now and then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    You can get a 28 slot bag from a quest for the Grummles in Kun Lai, between Kota Basecamp and Onekeg. It'll only help a bit but it's something if you want to save a pennies on 2 more slots you'd get with a Hexweave Bag.
    There is also a 24 slot bag from a quest in Zul Aman, but I would aim for the largest available bags since they are incredibly cheap compared to all previous expansions. 2-3 days for a bag now compared to up to 12 days in MoP is quite a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Delete easily obtainable items from dungeons and such you can just reset and run over and over again.
    Delete quest rewards.
    Use altoholic, if you have alts, you can easily see if you have duplicate items.
    I also use the MogIt addon, which has a small preview of the look.

Deleted
    Yeah, first of all you need those 30 Slot Bags. They are dirt cheap. Like 1k or so.

Also - while I understand, you want those items. Keep in mind, you are getting those Quest-Rewards later anyways. So those can be sold. A Set easily farmed later on (like T6 or something) - if you are not using it all the time - throw it away. You can farm it later down the line anyways.

At least that's what I am doing currently. Sadly I am running out of space as well because I have too much rare shit lying around + Tabards I cannot rebuy. *sigh*

I really hope this Prepatch hits soon. haha

Guild bank character - save all boes.
    Sell quest items, they will be rewarded as default.
    Hold onto weapons and teir sets.
    Buy 30 slot bags.

What I've done is get rid of anything that I can easily obtain again after Legion is released. Just some examples: I deleted the blade fist from shattered halls because I can go get that anytime (barring drop rate) and deleted the entire ulduar rogue look alike set and farmed it again on another leather wearer I didnt play anymore.

Another thing you can do is just create other toons with the same armour type you're farming (Cloth/Leather/etc) level them to 100 (Pretty easy nowadays or even buy a boost if you want) and start farming on those the easily obtainable ones (eg. Dungeon and Raid sets up to Cata included). That will relieve a lot of space from you main's bank/storage..

But Legion is just a few months away, I dont think its worth the effort really.. There no new items being added before the wardrobe goes live so you should be fine until then.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    WoD is worse than leveling in Hellfire Peninsula in a PvP Server where your faction sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Semi-related: will the wardrobe system not be retroactive? From what I understand it "learns" or "memorizes" appearances of items that you've collected so that you can transmog to it. Since we're all sitting with tons of gear in our banks/void storage at the moment just for transmog, can we not just destroy/vendor/trash that gear because we have already "unlocked" the appearance of those items? Or will that not register until the wardrobe actually goes live?

Like many of you, I am also pretty much out of space in my bank

It will only retroactively add rewards from quests you've completed, regardless of the reward you pick. I'm assuming a quest will only unlock item appearances that are suitable for the character that completed it. That would be any equipable weapons and any armor of the correct armor type.
    Don't vendor dungeon/raid drops and except to have them added to the transmog system. You will need to hang on to those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamgood View Post
    30(?) slot from WoD roughly 1k on ah on my server or less than 5 days to make (assuming only crafting daily and not using no cd for cloth)
    30 its not enough.... is not enough... T.T