Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    What if they have constipation? Would you then still claim that there are more pressing issues?
    Oh I see what you did there, lol

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Another note: It's funny how they come to those countries, and those countries are forced to adapt to -them-, not the other way around.

Backwards.
    If there is a niche, there is a market.

And what mindboggling brain acrobatics do you have to go through to come to the conclusion that selling some 100 toilets is forcing a country to adapt?!

Backwards? Your line of thought maybe. The shit (pun intended) you come up with is amazing.

Public toilet in Asia. Guess squatting is the norm there, you don't need to buy the plastic step ladder thing.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

To be fair, the picture of the article looks better for a public toilet, compared to the standard european one. Sitting on those is disgusting.
    Last edited by josykay; 2016-02-04 at 07:20 PM.

All I can think of is the white people adapter for the toilet in the movie soul plane... haha

Public toilets are generally pretty awful. I've made it a point to never use one and I've trained myself to only use my toilet barring emergencies. It sucks that something as simple as using a toilet can't be mastered by those venturing to Europe though.

Yes, it's a pretty minor change but not when combined with everything else. One has to wonder why Europe is bending over backwards for certain cultures yet if any Europeans moved over to their home countries the same courtesy would not be extended.

Though the damage control is amusing. I wonder how long it'll take until 'bigot' is thrown around?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they trying to say that ME immigrants shit in a hole in the ground?

Because that's pretty funny if they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Public toilets are generally pretty awful. I've made it a point to never use one and I've trained myself to only use my toilet barring emergencies. It sucks that something as simple as using a toilet can't be mastered by those venturing to Europe though.

Yes, it's a pretty minor change but not when combined with everything else. One has to wonder why Europe is bending over backwards for certain cultures yet if any Europeans moved over to their home countries the same courtesy would not be extended.

Though the damage control is amusing. I wonder how long it'll take until 'bigot' is thrown around?
    You are right. Those toilets are the NORM everyone in Germany by now. In fact some Muslims broke into my home when everyone was away and installed one of those in my bathroom and left me the bill. God damn immigrants forcing me to adapt and destroying the good German shitting culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    You are right. Those toilets are the NORM everyone in Germany by now. In fact some Muslims broke into my home when everyone was away and installed one of those in my bathroom and left me the bill. God damn immigrants forcing me to adapt and destroying the good German shitting culture.
    Can we coin scheißenkultur as a word?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Nice hyperbole, but I'm hardly losing any sleep over this. Nor am I German - it's simply going to be the final straw for a lot of people's patience, I imagine. It should be obvious why a lot of Europeans aren't keen to see their culture be 'enriched' in such an artificial and contrived manner. As a stand alone issue it's pretty trivial - but now when combined with all the other changes many people are forced to endure for the sake of those who have little willingness to adapt or integrate.

Nice hyperbole, but I'm hardly losing any sleep over this. Nor am I German - it's simply going to be the final straw for a lot of people's patience, I imagine. It should be obvious why a lot of Europeans aren't keen to see their culture be 'enriched' in such an artificial and contrived manner. As a stand alone issue it's pretty trivial - but now when combined with all the other changes many people are forced to endure for the sake of those who have little willingness to adapt or integrate.
    Hyperbole?

I can't help it when people try to picture a niche product as society changing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice hyperbole, but I'm hardly losing any sleep over this. Nor am I German - it's simply going to be the final straw for a lot of people's patience, I imagine.
    Stupid people, you mean.

It should be obvious why a lot of Europeans aren't keen to see their culture be 'enriched' in such an artificial and contrived manner.
    It is virtually the shitting equivalent of a wall socket adapter.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Stupid people, you mean.

It is virtually the shitting equivalent of a wall socket adapter.
    The effects of Arabs are everywhere to be seen...for example today I used... *gasp* Arabic numbers!

I can't help it but to make fun of people even caring about this, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Disclaimer / Trigger Alert: Breitbart article!

Full Article: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...ting-on-floor/

Looks like a fancy version of the squatty potty!

So, what, did they add a Bidet shower or something? All toilets in the Islamic world have a bidet shower.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll start caring if this is installed in public places and is more unsanitary (people missing the bowl more, for example). If not, I don't see why it matters.

James Joyce approves.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted
    They apparently did add a bidet shower.

I dunno why it's not standard to have a bidet shower in all toilets, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't know how to use a toilet? It's not like it's the 3 sea shells. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    They don't know how to use a toilet? It's not like it's the 3 sea shells. >.>
    Fun fact, not every culture sits upright while taking a shit.

Funner fact, humans don't naturally sit upright while taking a shit, period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    What if they have constipation? Would you then still claim that there are more pressing issues?
    Constipation is a pressing issue in itself...